IGNORED

New Issue Of The Bountyhunter On Sale...

Merrick's Marvels

Great read. Grown up informative article regards John Watkins. How times have changed! Some times we talk about local legends and John certainly fits that bracket

Very kind of you, Sir.

As one of the three who went down to Shirehampton FC to meet the great man, I can honestly say it was one of the most enjoyable Saturday afternoons I've had in twenty years of writing for The BOUNTYHUNTER (I would be tempted to say it was one of the most enjoyable Saturday afternoons I've had all season, but that would be churlish).

We spent a good hour plus with him and we have it on good account he was chuffed with the final product - "didn't think they'd get all my words right," he is alleged to have said! we could have filled most of Issue 10 with material from the chat with him plus research.

Next issue out some time in the Spring (hope that's vague enough in true BOUNTYHUNTER style!) Hopefully more old skool City/football stuff next time, too.

Thanks for taking the trouble to post a comment! And thanks to all who bought a copy. Tell your mates!

I did like the 'City have the spine of an amoeba' comment in the intro. Good interview with JW, played cricket against him in the 80's nice guy.

Damn, that wasn't one of my lines. Editor-in-chief's line that. Slips me down to 3rd in the BOUNTYHUNTER table of popular lines. Can't even tell you which lines were mine, as that'd be cheating (but if you turn to page...)

Yes, JW is a really top chap. Very enjoyable and illuminating chat with him.

Cheers, Eco: good of you to post.

I wasn't sure if it could be as funny as the last issue... I was wrong. Hilarious, and a bargain too.

I wasn't really around when The Bountyhunter was originally published, I've missed out on so much.

Good effort.

Cheers, Libertine 1. Thanks for posting. Gotta try and keep it funny - the lads on the park are, so why shouldn't we?

Email us at our, er, email address if you fancy any of the old ones, I'm sure we've got a few down in the BOUNTYHUNTER Bunker somewhere.

Archived