IGNORED

One Team In Bristol

bs3

I don't understand. Their stadium will be in the City of Bristol won't it?

No. It will be in the county of south Gloucestershire. It maybe classed as greater Bristol. But it is not in the borders of the city of Bristol or the county of Bristol.

Not in the borders, not in Bristol.

This greater bristol is a load of rubbish.

Woh, woh, woh......of course there is a greater Bristol the same as there is a greater Manchester, you do realise that Man U are not actually in the city of Manchester. Half of the urban extension of north and east Bristol is outside of the archaic city boundaries, kingswood, downend, hanham, staple hill, emersons, warmley, longwell green, mangotsfield, frenchay, filton, patchway, Bradley stoke, stoke gifford, cribbs....I could go on.....All suburbs of "Bristol", dont let a few administrative lines tell you otherwise.

Let's not belittle our city just to try and get one over on the sags

I don't think anyone is trying to belittle the City. I do not decide where the City boundaries are, you do not decide where the City boundaries are, the poster you replied to does not decide where the city boundaries are. They are where they are, UWE is outside the City boundaries, therefore Rovers are moving out of Bristol.

That's a fact. One team in Bristol.

Woh, woh, woh......of course there is a greater Bristol the same as there is a greater Manchester, you do realise that Man U are not actually in the city of Manchester. Half of the urban extension of north and east Bristol is outside of the archaic city boundaries, kingswood, downend, hanham, staple hill, emersons, warmley, longwell green, mangotsfield, frenchay, filton, patchway, Bradley stoke, stoke gifford, cribbs....I could go on.....All suburbs of "Bristol", dont let a few administrative lines tell you otherwise.

Fact is Fact and there is no argument , there is no Greater Bristol . However there is a Greater Manchester.

People in these areas only want to be part of Bristol when it suits them.

Whether or not you think there's a greater Bristol, and regardless of political boundaries, the postal address is Bristol and it will have a Bristol postcode. I live in Yate and though, politically, Yate is in South Glos, the postal address and postcode is still BRISTOL.

Is Weston Super Mare in Bristol as well?

Whether or not you think there's a greater Bristol, and regardless of political boundaries, the postal address is Bristol and it will have a Bristol postcode. I live in Yate and though, politically, Yate is in South Glos, the postal address and postcode is still BRISTOL.

Weston Super Mare BS24, is that in Bristol!

Ted beat me to it.

I appreciate the technicalities of what is being said but come on....are you telling me people born and bred in these areas are not bristolians? Or that they dont see themselves as bristolian? Current boundary lines split through suburbs, streets even......my in-laws live in downend, one half of the street is "Bristol" the other comes under "south glos". It's still Bristol regardless of what day your bins are taken. It's about the area you are from not what some government pen pusher decides when drawing boundaries..boundaries change, but the people and the area don't. I was brought up in kingswood now living in stoke gifford, I pay my council tax to south glos but don't try and tell me I'm not a bristolian Yes we can take the p1ss out of the gas about "leaving" Bristol but its a weak arguement and means nothing at the end of the day

I appreciate the technicalities of what is being said but come on....are you telling me people born and bred in these areas are not bristolians? Or that they dont see themselves as bristolian?

Current boundary lines split through suburbs, streets even......my in-laws live in downend, one half of the street is "Bristol" the other comes under "south glos". It's still Bristol regardless of what day your bins are taken. It's about the area you are from not what some government pen pusher decides when drawing boundaries..boundaries change, but the people and the area don't.

I was brought up in kingswood now living in stoke gifford, I pay my council tax to south glos but don't try and tell me I'm not a bristolian

Yes we can take the p1ss out of the gas about "leaving" Bristol but its a weak arguement and means nothing at the end of the day

I see myself as good lookIng but my wife will tell you I'm not

No clearly not as it is totally separate from Bristol and a town in its own right. The areas I listed are connected to and are a continuation of the urban area of Bristol.

I was answering the post about postcodes.

Weston has a Bristol postcode.

As my daughter would say, 'just saying'.

Is Weston Super Mare in Bristol as well?

Weston Super Mare BS24, is that in Bristol!

Ted beat me to it.

Weston-super-Mare is a town in its own right - just because it has a Bristol postcode doesn't mean it's in Bristol, it simply means the mail is sorted and distributed from Bristol. The key element is the Post Town in the Royal Mail's addressing standard.

The post town for addresses in Weston-super-Mare is WESTON-SUPER-MARE

The post town for addresses in Yate is BRISTOL

Does that make sense now?

Is our new stadium, and i say this with a tad of optimism, within the bristol city (council ) border or are we looking at a north somerset setting ? just a question, anyone?

Yes it is. Only just! But the answer to your question is yes, the planned Ashton Vale stadium is to be within city boundaries.

Yes it is. Only just! But the answer to your question is yes, the planned Ashton Vale stadium is to be within city boundaries.

Thanks for a rapid answer, wasnt a wind up but an honest question, those tossers keep on about it being in north som, thank you. now i can have a "pwopa bitch" at them,

Archived