IGNORED

Players Price Tags

redsquirrel

how are these calculated?

ie,who decides what a player is valued at?

why are they free when their contract runs out?

is it purely down to the selling clubs evaluation of what they stand to lose in terms of performance?

i cant get my head round how a player can be worth 7m 1 year and 1.5 the next? (random figures unrelated to anyone)

Contract length is a big factor. Usually it is how much the player is valued by the club, so the fee compensates the player leaving.

RVP last year of contract but a big asset to arsenal so left for 25m same as Micky Naynard last 6 months of contract so value dropped but still valued by us so still a large fee was paid.

So basically Owners and mangers determine the worth of a player

Hope that answered your question

yes,ive heard of the bosman ruling. never looked it up or been that interested in doing so before but im getting more into the footy now other than just the results and trying to figure how it all works.

a bit late in life i know but hey ho,keeps the grey matter moving.

Jake,thank you,that was what i was looking for,the bosman thing sort of screws it up for the clubs investing large sums doesnt it.hardly an investment when players can go for nothing.

yes,ive heard of the bosman ruling. never looked it up or been that interested in doing so before but im getting more into the footy now other than just the results and trying to figure how it all works.

a bit late in life i know but hey ho,keeps the grey matter moving.

Jake,thank you,that was what i was looking for,the bosman thing sort of screws it up for the clubs investing large sums doesnt it.hardly an investment when players can go for nothing.

Yes it ballses alot up. You ought to try and check out holloways rant on it a couple of yrs ago. Quite funny. Sure its on you tube.

Archived