IGNORED

The Official City V Ipswich Match Day Thread

Not amazing and not seen anything from Kelly to excite BUT massive 3 points so fair play!

Need to raise game against Watford but very happy today.

Ps to the loon in the EE that jumped on me when stead scored you dribbled down my neck you ******* nutter!!

What city does to normal humans

Slightly harsh. I thought moloney looked very promising indeed; undeniably an improvement on foster! And Kelly puts himself about and plays some thoughtful balls forward, rather than Kilkenny who still just moans and jogs and moans a bit more.

Well cannot fault a win - damned close though. Only real downer was hearing that Wednesday and Birmingham both came from behind to win their games, and that Watford put 3 past Forest......... any way 3 points, can't argue with that, and defence looking a little tighter, though they scare me to death at times.

It's not so much about the table, it's getting to 52 points. Someone else will fall down and get involved. It's THREE points closer to the target. IMHO

Well I personally think 50 is enough, the last three seasons would have seen any team survive with 50 but in one season 41 would have been enough, it's all on others teams so dismissing them could be costly. Yes 52 points will keep us up but then again so could 42 if three other teams are awful.

Watching other results is just as important to me as us getting our own because realistically we need three teams to be awful this season for us to survive and we need to improve still a hell of a lot. GD is not going to be an ally when we've still not managed to keep a clean sheet and so my view is:

45 points is a realistic and potentially relegation surviving total depending on other results. 50 is the target, 45 is the must reach. This means we have to get 1.4 point's per game in order to reach the 50 mark or 1.111etc to reach 45.

Looking at it that way we're still in a bad way with very few games remaining, it means even if we managed to draw every game this season we'd still go down in either circumstance which means we need a good few wins because we're obviously still going to take quite a few loses with a team that can't keep a clean sheet.

I know people don't want to hear this negativity, especially not after a win but it does show that Fontaine could end up being the sole reason we go down, he's in a crucial position on the field and performing to the worst standard you could imagine. I honestly think more positivity would come if he was removed from our equation, a loan CB was brought in and suddenly one change could see results and the crowd getting behind the team. I honestly think Fontaine is a major part of what's currently holding us back, not just because of his own confidence but the players confidence and trust who are playing with him.

I know everybody harps on about the clean sheets, but it's more vital that we win games. With three points for a win, 0-0 draws are not the answer. As you say, if we draw all our games, we're doomed. If we win half and lose half, we're in with a real shout.

If anybody remembers that dire season under Osman when we scored and conceded less than a goal a game, look at it again and see where we'd have finished under today's system.

It was a must win and we made it. Steads goal in the 90 min, what to say. At last we got some luck. Had the vibes that Stead should score when coming in. He and the team have not had the happie days. but now it was paytime. As I said before this game, if the players fight and the crowd is behind the team, nothing is unreal. Watford is in a very, very good run now, let them think its gonna be easy on tuesday. For us its not gonna be easy and we know it. But with the right attitude and a little bit of luck we can make the same trick again. Always believe.