IGNORED

Alan Walsh

Gazred

Read that a bit earlier, intersting one.

Firstly saying how far ahead of us Turkish football was off the field back in the 90's but the thing that stuck me that at 32 years, he felt he was worth more than a 3 year deal!

Good on the club for saying now, especially soo soon after 82

A Turkish Kurd friend of mine supported Besiktas in Turkey and City here. He was gobsmacked to vist family in rural Turkey and find Alan Walsh playing for them when he got back to Istanbul!

Class player, with a hell of a free kick, but it's the shot that hit the post against Forest that I'll remember :(

Incidenrtally, it's interesting to see that our pitch was once as bad as The MemSwamp ;)

Exactly what I thought, a 3 year deal at 32/33 years of age and he expected better?, I can only assume he meant perhaps the wages.

Wages I expect. If they offereed him a measily deal, well that doesn't surprise me. At least he expereienced something a whole lot bette than city when he forced their hand and left.

• Admin

I can see now where we have been going wrong the past few years !

It's all about motivating the players in the correct way

"There were demonstrations outside the ground when we were leaving. We got back to the training ground and there were supporters there baying for blood. That was on the Saturday. We went into training on the Monday and there were more supporters there. We couldn't train on the pitch because they were so angry.

From then until the end of the season we hardly lost another game. You didn't dare lose a game! We won the league and we won the cup as well."

...the thing that stuck me that at 32 years, he felt he was worth more than a 3 year deal!

Good on the club for saying now, especially soo soon after 82

Probably because he had four young children at the time, some of which were in or about to start school in the local area, and wanted some stability. Can't blame him for that, especially with the poor wages they were on back then.

Archived