IGNORED

Predictor

Red_30

So it's that time of the year where many (if not just me) decide to embark on predicting the rest of our results. With our home form remarkably picking up good pace I carried this on for the rest of the season with all home game resulting in wins. And with away form debatable I went for a mix.

So here goes....... The results went as follows:

Blackpool (a) WIN 2-1

Brighton (h) WIN 2-1

Middlesbrough (h) WIN 2-0

Wolves (a) DRAW 1-1

Derby (a) LOSS 2-0

Sheffield Wed (h) WIN 3-1

Burnley (a) LOSS 1-0

Bolton (h) WIN 2-1

Birmingham (h) WIN 2-0

Hull (a) LOSS 2-0

Huddersfield (h) WIN 3-1

Charlton (a) LOSS 2-1

So home form as we all think will be vital in our survival, will IMO keep us up.

I gave our relegation rivals results that are typical to the championship. But the bottom finishes off like this:

16: BRISTOL CITY -8 58pts

17: Wolves -11 51

18: Millwall -23 51

19: Blackpool -7 50

20: Sheffield wed -19 50

21: Huddersfield -31 50

22: Peterborough -19 48

23: Ipswich -27 48

24: Barnsley -20 46

Thoughts?

I've calculated at the end of March all teams will have played the same and it looks like this at the bottom...

18. Ipswich - 45
19. Blackpool - 43
20. Barnsley - 42
21. CITY - 40

22. Peterborough - 40
23. Huddersfield - 40
24. Wolves - 39

Now obviously that probably won't exactly be like that, but the fixtures the other teams have in hand, it could be something similar.

I've calculated at the end of March all teams will have played the same and it looks like this at the bottom...

18. Ipswich - 45

19. Blackpool - 43

20. Barnsley - 42

21. CITY - 40

22. Peterborough - 40

23. Huddersfield - 40

24. Wolves - 39

Now obviously that probably won't exactly be like that, but the fixtures the other teams have in hand, it could be something similar.

No idea, if I could predict results I'd be a rich bloke (wouldnt we all) .... but I do have a feeling that Goal Difference may be a very important factor for us in the final table posistion... be nice to be a point or two clear but GD right now is something to keep an eye on... pity Barnsley kept going so well yesterday,we couldve done our GD no end of good there. nevermind.

No idea, if I could predict results I'd be a rich bloke (wouldnt we all) .... but I do have a feeling that Goal Difference may be a very important factor for us in the final table posistion... be nice to be a point or two clear but GD right now is something to keep an eye on... pity Barnsley kept going so well yesterday,we couldve done our GD no end of good there. nevermind.

Very true!

Is it just me that thinks they aren't a bad set of fixtures we have remaining?

They're not bad at all, especially the home games against teams around us at the bottom. I see us winning 5 of our remaining home games, the only doubtful one is Brighton which we could take a point in.

Vital that we do pick up one or two away results, starting at Blackpool would be nice.

Just done the BBC predictor and it finished like this-

Pos. Team. Pts

20th Ipswich. 51

21st Bristol City. 49

22nd Huddersfield. 46

23rd Barnsley. 45

24th Peterborough. 44

Had us down to win 3 of the remaining 12 games and drawing 6. We've only drawn 4 all season so far so what do I know. It's hard to predict what others will do when we've only seen most of them once.

Just had a pop at the predictor and I have us at 21st, beating Charlton last day to secure safety. I am more of a pessimist than a realist so oddly I'm now an optimist.

Wolves, Huddersfield and Barnsley to go down. Staying up by 2 points in 52.

City's results;

Blackpool lose 2-0.

Brighton lose 4-2.

Middlesbrough lose 3-1.

Wolves draw 2-2.

Derby win 3-1.

Sheffield Wed win 2-1.

Burley draw 2-2.

Bolton win 3-1.

Birmingham draw 2-2.

Hull City lose 4-1.

Huddersfield win 2-1.

Charlton win 2-1.

Here's hoping anyway.

I still think that we will do well to be in with a chance of survival come the last day. We have too many players who are unable to maintain consistency over 90 minutes, let alone over 2/3 games to feel in any way confident about our chances.

I hope for the best but fear for the worst.

Pity the idiot ref denied a perfectly good Davies goal to make it 6-1 :grr:

I still think that we will do well to be in with a chance of survival come the last day. We have too many players who are unable to maintain consistency over 90 minutes, let alone over 2/3 games to feel in any way confident about our chances.

I hope for the best but fear for the worst.

You could also say that about another 4/5 sides in the League at the minute. Oh and also we've won our last 4 home games, consistency huh?!

We have a good set of fixtures remaining and key home games we could grab a few wins from, all to play for still.

I think our home games against Middlesboro and Brighton are going to be a lot tougher than the 4 we've had previous.. do well to get 4 points from them IMO - meaning we have to pick up a couple of results on the road.

Had us in 16th place on 55 points, although we still needed to beat Charlton to be sure of survival. Huddersfield, Peterborough and Barnsley went down, Barnsley still had a game in hand at the end though for some reason.

Wasn't too biased either, had us losing at both Blackpool and Wolves and dropping points at home to Brighton and Bolton.

I think our home games against Middlesboro and Brighton are going to be a lot tougher than the 4 we've had previous.. do well to get 4 points from them IMO - meaning we have to pick up a couple of results on the road.

Middlesbrough are on bad form and their away record ain't great (W5 D2 L10) plus we've already beaten them this season.

Brighton looks by far our toughest home game of the season left. We need to do a job on them like we did Watford.

My take on the remaining fixtures:-

Blackpool (a) DRAW 1-1
Brighton (h) DRAW 1-1
Middlesbrough (h) WIN 2-0
Wolves (a) DRAW 1-1
Derby (a) LOSS 2-1
Sheffield Wed (h) WIN 2-0
Burnley (a) DRAW 0-0
Bolton (h) DRAW 2-2
Birmingham (h) WIN 2-1
Hull (a) LOSS 2-1
Huddersfield (h) WIN 4-1
Charlton (a) DRAW 1-1

I just dont think we'll lose many but draw a fair few.. added bonus would be taking summat from games like Hull and Derby but that leaves us on 52. Is that enough to stay up this season? I think Wolves, Huddersfield and Posh will go down. Wolves seem to be a mess and Saunders doesnt seem to be able to win an argument, Huddersfield look to be in total freefall now and Posh just thrown in to.. could easily be Ipswich, Barnsley or us as well (I suppose).

In my opinion:

Blackpool (a) Loss

Brighton (h) Draw

Middlesbrough (h) Draw

Wolves (a) Draw

Derby (a) Loss

Sheffield Wed (h) Win

Burnley (a) Loss

Bolton (h) Win

Birmingham (h) Win

Hull (a) Loss

Huddersfield (h) Win

Charlton (a) Draw

Giving us 16 more points, with us finishing on 50 points. Touch and go whether we could avoid relegation with this.

I got us W3 D6 L3 in the last 12 games giving us 49 points and the following league prediction:

18. City (49, -15)

19. Ipswich (45, -26

20. Barnsley (44, -19)

21. Sheff Wed (44, -20)

22. Huddersfield (44, -35)

23. Wolves (39, -21)

24. Peterboro (38, -23)

But then, I'm biased... :)

It's amazing isn't it, no one has put us in a relegation position yet!

It's amazing isn't it, no one has put us in a relegation position yet!

I haven't done the predictor thing ( the only predictable thing about the championship is it's unpredictability!) but my feeling has been for some time that we will have done bl00dy well if we are still in with a shout of survival come the Charlton game.

Archived