IGNORED

The Official City V Brighton Match Day Thread

To be honest I have low expectations tonight - Brighton have been playing some good football, blend of good passing/movement but with the more traditional fast/hassling English game....

A point would be good, a win... well would be delighted, just need to get out there, and keep doing what we have lately and we might be in with a chance of getting some/a points/point.

We'll undoubtedly want you to come at us, as that will suit our style of play.

We have more draws than anyone else in the division because of two reasons...

1. Poyet's patient keep-the-ball tippy-tappy approach has not been entirely effective at home when teams come and park the bus. We have mixed it up recently with some more direct stuff, but it still suits us to have opposition that have some interest in attacking us. You lot want/need to win, I imagine, so that could help us. It could lead to a very open game.

2. We've thrown away a lot of points at the death. If you're only 1 down late in the game you will still have a chance.

One final thing - we've not come from behind to win since the first game of the 2011-12 season when we beat Donny 2-1 having been behind in the very first game at the Amex. Since then we've been behind in around 35 games and we've not one any of them. If you score first you have a great chance.

Kick off will be at approx. 3.45 am for me, so I'll sit/sleep this one out.

But, I will be reading through from start to finish first thing tomorrow morning.....Keep the match updates coming.. ;)

2-1.

Good luck.

Not that bad for me. They will KO at 2145 here, so I will be in bed by 2300 and listening via my link on my net book to the rest of the commentary. Hopefully they will be winning by then.

We'll undoubtedly want you to come at us, as that will suit our style of play.

We have more draws than anyone else in the division because of two reasons...

1. Poyet's patient keep-the-ball tippy-tappy approach has not been entirely effective at home when teams come and park the bus. We have mixed it up recently with some more direct stuff, but it still suits us to have opposition that have some interest in attacking us. You lot want/need to win, I imagine, so that could help us. It could lead to a very open game.

2. We've thrown away a lot of points at the death. If you're only 1 down late in the game you will still have a chance.

One final thing - we've not come from behind to win since the first game of the 2011-12 season when we beat Donny 2-1 having been behind in the very first game at the Amex. Since then we've been behind in around 35 games and we've not one any of them. If you score first you have a great chance.

Watford tried that and got beat. Our "new" style of play involves a lot of organisation and pressing to turn possesion over. Essentially the more passes you make the more chance they have of winning it.

What are you like defending set pieces? Been many years since we were a constant threat from them but certainly are at the moment.

Seems like our best chance of winning maybe the same as yours, get an early goal.

Brilliant Comments from SoD in the program notes write up on Twitter - love the part of the BBC woman comments on twitter regarding his interview. What an idiot.

To be fair, has there been a set of program notes yet from Sean that have not impressed?

I really look forward to reading his program notes after each match and more than most managers I can remember at BCFC. The man has a very good command of English and an excellent way of articulating his views.

Brighton are due an off-day.

It would be good if they had a nightmare tonight.

I'd be more than happy with 3 points, no matter how flukey we are or how badly we play.

It would be a massive bonus if all the other results go our way.

Scuse me Joe, are you the guy i had a drink with in the boozer under the bridge before the baaaadiff game, ?? bloke my age with a cap on ? ( nearly 60 still pushing the envelope ) cos yer pic rings a bell, sorry if wrong but ifr true thanks for the company ! (went to other boozer but had to buy a meal? )

Edited by Kingswood mask