IGNORED

The Official City V Brighton Match Day Thread

Wasn't able to make it tonight but looking at the stats on Sky Sports doesn't look like Brighton had a single shot on goal, not even one off target.

Is this true? If so, that in itself is an achievement surely & show s how far we have come in the last two months.

BTN, life has and always has a way of coming back and chewing yer arse, i for one am delighted with tonights result, three months ago this forum would have been a morgue......bit like manure's he he, but we got a massive point against a form side, this one point cud be the de-cider

I actually thought he was making a decent point. Don´t see the relevance of his age. Am i right in thinking you´re old and bitter?

Perhaps. Perhaps, I'm out of touch with the world. Perhaps, getting on the bandwagon is the way forward. Perhaps, it's ok to be English and support foreign teams. Perhaps life is simple. Perhaps, I'm correct.

Back from the game. City were excellent lots of energy closed them down quickly. Elliot again impressive and Anderson a constant pain.

Back 4 rock solid no mistakes (yes that includes lewin and fonts)

Heaton had nothing to do, literally nothing.

Sadly we lacked the quality when it mattered but Brighton are a very strong team and city totally controlled the game.

We played lads that kind of effort will give us a fighting change. I just worry we don't have the quality to stay up.

I actually thought he was making a decent point. Don´t see the relevance of his age. Am i right in thinking you´re old and bitter?

hey im old and realy bitter,age makes a diffrence ,the older i get the worse i get.

anyway this man odriscoll is without adout the man weve been lookin for since johnson,

stay up or go down things can only get better!

**** me heavy period mate.

The players told SOD on his arrival they desperately needed organisation, that what seems to have happened.

We have had 2 successive managers who were incapable of organising/coach the team adequately, that much surely is obvious?. Both of them totally out of their depth.

Haha. Ok, I trust that then...

Gutted! Usually I'd say that wasn't a bad result but every other result seemed to go against us too. We're now even further behind and after what I'd consider a good result, I worry about how morale must be when the lads get off the pitch and see the other results.

Not really.. Trotters and Wed lost, two others won and the rest drew. We are 1 pt more adrift; nothing to be more alarmed about this morning than last night before kick off given the opposition. Immensely encouraging for my money that we not only contained but dominated a team in the pray offs. They had not one shot on target if the stats are correct. Sure we did not manage to finish it off with a goal but that happens to the best of teams. At least we were not Mancunians last night.

Not really.. Trotters and Wed lost, two others won and the rest drew. We are 1 pt more adrift; nothing to be more alarmed about this morning than last night before kick off given the opposition. Immensely encouraging for my money that we not only contained but dominated a team in the pray offs. They had not one shot on target if the stats are correct. Sure we did not manage to finish it off with a goal but that happens to the best of teams. At least we were not Mancunians last night.

The thing is you can make anything sound ok if you only mention the positives...

What about our "total domination" and "far superior number of shots" not resulting in any goals?

What about another game gone where we've not managed to grab all 3 points?

What about dominating the opposition and failing to win?

I'm not say there aren't positives in the performance but the fact is we should have won that game. As I said usually I'd say it was a good result, I'd also be happy with the performance but the bottom line is we needed the win with other teams winning. It's not over by a long shot but each game where we don't close the gap is another step towards an inescapable position.