IGNORED

Sam Baldock & Ryan Taylor

OliKendall1

IMO ... Sam Baldock is a waste of money ... if he features tonight he will probz make me eat my words but Somebody answer me this ... how many 1 on 1s has he scored ? ... In his last game i seen him play he missed about 3 of them

Ryan Taylor ... complete opposite Opinion on this lad as hes a different type of striker ... He gets slated so much by our fans in the Nova Scotia because he doesnt score ... before u say it yes a striker is played to score but if you put him into our current team we would look like a very talented team with a very creative style of play

Id like to see if anybody agrees and cus the I LOVE BALDOCK fans are probz looking would like to see ur comments to !

When he scores goals you can't eat your words!!!

Are you forgetting he has been injured and when he did play we were not playing like we have recently. Like I said you'll be eating your words when he scores goals that will hopefully keep us up.

Yes there different types of players as i commented ! but when McClueless was here all our games won involved Taylor ... Anybody who thinks hes rubbish is pretty much calling jon stead rubbish because there 2 very similar players ... both lack goals but when taylor was signed he was named as " one for the future " ... Taylor hasnt had a chance to play with the new set-up and new manager yet ... When McClueless was here NEARLY every player was being ranted at by Us the fans ... So when Taylor plays for us in the setup ... im 110% sure he will be better just as the rest of the players have done in the new setup ... Also if you Dont like MY OPINION then dont comment ... thats the hole point of a fans forum is to put your own Opinion ! ...

Yes there different types of players as i commented ! but when McClueless was here all our games won involved Taylor ... Anybody who thinks hes rubbish is pretty much calling jon stead rubbish because there 2 very similar players ... both lack goals but when taylor was signed he was named as " one for the future " ... Taylor hasnt had a chance to play with the new set-up and new manager yet ... When McClueless was here NEARLY every player was being ranted at by Us the fans ... So when Taylor plays for us in the setup ... im 110% sure he will be better just as the rest of the players have done in the new setup ... Also if you Dont like MY OPINION then dont comment ... thats the hole point of a fans forum is to put your own Opinion ! ...

No, the whole point of a fans forum is to debate and discuss opinions and ideas not to voice your own and disregard any that don't fall in line with it. That said I happen to like both Taylor and Baldock and I think both have been unlucky with injuries not to feature much under SOD. Baldock is clearly talented as he showed early on under McKinnes and has been unfortunate since but I'm sure he will come good. Taylor offers us something different to the others and there is no doubt he is a great target man with the ability to hold the ball up and pick a good pass but he is far from the finished article.

Since when do forums work by someone posting their opinion and only getting people commenting who agree? That wouldn't be the most fun forum in the world to say the least. Taylor might well have been in the line-up for the wins but this excuse is rubbish as he was also in the team for a bloody lot of losses! One for the future? He's almost 25 years old. He's older than Baldock and only five months younger than Davies and Adomah!

IMO ... Sam Baldock is a waste of money ... if he features tonight he will probz make me eat my words but Somebody answer me this ... how many 1 on 1s has he scored ? ... In his last game i seen him play he missed about 3 of them

Ryan Taylor ... complete opposite Opinion on this lad as hes a different type of striker ... He gets slated so much by our fans in the Nova Scotia because he doesnt score ... before u say it yes a striker is played to score but if you put him into our current team we would look like a very talented team with a very creative style of play

Id like to see if anybody agrees and cus the I LOVE BALDOCK fans are probz looking would like to see ur comments to !

Oh dear, or dear :disapointed2se::disapointed2se::disapointed2se:

I pretty much agree with you. The only thing is you say taylor should be given a chance to improve under the new setup, then i think baldock should be too, as i think most can see theres definately a player in there.

As for everyone jumping down your throat, i particularly hate the "school must b finnished" esq comments, shows a mesmerising lack of creativity and elloquence. Ever notice how the people who say such things rarely post their own opinions? And instead just agree with whoever the biggest 'celebrity' poster on the thread is or make similar sarky comments. Its so stupid aswell for all we know you could be 60 years old!

That's a weak argument, since he was also part of the side that lost enough games to get the manager fired and see us in the relegation zone.

The only thing he has in common with Stead is height. Stead's got better touch, awareness and passing, the ball sticks when it arrives at him a lot more than it does with Taylor, and he's more of a goal threat (if you dispute this, look up Stead's goals vs starts ratio and then look up Taylor's).

Taylor tries hard, and might come good in future, but right now he isn't sufficient for this level.

Ryan Taylor may of also been in a few losing games but at half way threw the season what positions was getting the greef ! ... Cb Cm Lm Rb ... You wasnt complaining about Taylor ... when i seen Taylor in the team i actuelly thought we could win as he was our ONLY creative player at that point.

Thank you TezOfCity

How can these say that Taylor is rubbish as ive already stated he was our ONLY creative player then ... Remember our TEAM confidence with McClueless ... yet Taylor was creating ... if he can create with no confidence within the team think what he would be like in our current team picture this ... yes why drop certain players but this would be my Starting 11 if all were fit !

Heaton

Maloney

Nyantanga

Fontaine

Cunningham . Gerken

Anderson . Carey

Elliott . Reid

Kelly . Skuse

Adomeh . Pearson

Davies . Stead

Taylor . Baldock

.... Try and tell me we would not Create and Perform with this and its still a very strong bench

Ryan Taylor may of also been in a few losing games but at half way threw the season what positions was getting the greef ! ... Cb Cm Lm Rb ... You wasnt complaining about Taylor ... when i seen Taylor in the team i actuelly thought we could win as he was our ONLY creative player at that point.

Well, Taylor was in far more losing games than he was winning ones same as everybody else, and whilst I didn't give him grief because he was a fairly new player to the side, I wasn't impressed in the main and said so. He had two good games at the start of the season, the rest were average through to poor. He does not create anything at all.

Rather than just repeating the opinion though, I'll add some facts about our league performance this year for you:

Stead 20 starts, 6 subs, 30 shots on target, 20 off target, 2 woodwork, 5 goals, 2 assists.

Baldock 16 starts, 9 subs, 17 shots on target, 19 off target, 2 woodwork, 9 goals, 2 assists.

Davies 12 starts, 16 subs, 23 shots on target, 24 off target, 3 woodwork, 11 goals, 2 assists.

Taylor 15 starts, 8 subs, 4 shots on target, 8 off target, 2 woodwork, 1 goal, 1 assist.

In other words, by every measure, Taylor is our worst striker by some distance.

In fact, in similar game time, Baldock manages more than four times as many shots on target and four times as many goals.

So why exactly is it you think Taylor's a better player?!

I've posted up similar stats before he got injured and to be honest when he got injured I sighed with relief. It isn't coincidence we're producing wins without him. He didn't stand out as a bad player as players like Foster were ******* up left, right and centre. Taylor has no place in a side that wants to win games and Nyatanga, Cunningham and McManus have better scoring ratios than him. Though that's not the main issue, if he was getting shots off regularly but they were saved then we just need to work on his accuracy and hitting the target but he doesn't even get shots off. He has an average of just over half an attempt at goal per game!

Let's work on Taylor's tackling and get him converted into a centre back, we need a new one of those.

Archived