IGNORED

Harry Redknapp

redsquirrel

Specifically made for fans of Bristol City to talk about Bristol City,

When you click on Football Chat is says anything City related

Mine doesn't.

Anyway, I can't see old Arry sticking around QPR unless he has been promised a bucket full of money to get back up again, for me he's very overrated.

Posting about QPR on a City site after a crucial defeat - even odder.

The QPR forum?

But since QPR are going to be relegated I would put money on them being our season opener for 2013-2014 (after we secure our survival of course) a game which we will likely lose 2-0 so it actually then this question becomes very BCFC relevant. But I don't think it's so much whether 'Arry will stay or how they can keep their big money buys happy, Remy, Samba, Cesar etc not to mention Taarabt, Townsend, Mbia....

must be feeling the same as SoD tonight.

thats not my question though,do you think he will stick around at qpr in the championship??

harry is saying 5 wins would keep them up.7 points from safety,i find that rather optimistic tbh

If they payed him enough he will do anything.

He's only interested in £££££.

He couldn't coach an egg!

He's pretty much implied that he is only there until the end of the season. I think his plan was to save QPR (which would increase his status even higher) and then get a top job in the summer. Looks like he has failed in his first task though.

It's amazing that people still don't rate his as a manager. He's been pretty successful at most of his clubs. He seems to get stick for his chairmen spending money and putting the club in danger financially which I always find odd.

What is more odd though is that posters on here STILL don't understand how a forum works. If you don't comment then the post eventually disappears.

Bristol City forum I'll think you'll find ;)

If you recall about a year back we had a discussion about how to head up the various subjects.. I suggested, perhaps others did also, that we make it all a lot more simple, to avoid confusion, and have two essential football headings; one for all things BCFC and the other 'all other football'. That was adopted but I think some MOD, in their ultimate incorrect wisdom imo, changed that, yet again, to just one heading.

Hence we have a situation whereby someone, rightly, posts a topic in here about a non BCFC subject and gets hammered for it.

MODS... put it back to the two headings.. it made an awful lot of sense when you changed it to that.. most people i seem to recall agreed at the time and lets be done with the tinkering.

He's pretty much implied that he is only there until the end of the season. I think his plan was to save QPR (which would increase his status even higher) and then get a top job in the summer. Looks like he has failed in his first task though.

It's amazing that people still don't rate his as a manager. He's been pretty successful at most of his clubs. He seems to get stick for his chairmen spending money and putting the club in danger financially which I always find odd.

What is more odd though is that posters on here STILL don't understand how a forum works. If you don't comment then the post eventually disappears.

I think those that are against him feel he has the gravitas to persuade the club owners with substantial sums of money, unlike his predessors, and so has a far better chance of moving the club significantly forward.

Of course, you also have to manage to ensure cohesion and some perhaps forget that.

Personally, I think he is one of the best managers in the game; his record sort of speaks for itself but there is someone about him that owners and decision makers seem put off by. I assume it is partly because he stands for no nonsense and can be grumpy and abrasive. That is just an outside view mind and if I was an owner I would accept his foibles, as we all have them, and let him manage.

If he keeps QPR in the Prem he will have done a Houdini act; he has a harder task than even SOD has in my opinion.

thanks for that,i thought i was going daft not finding the 'other' football section.my memory is getting terrible these days but i did think it used to be alright. i apologise to anyone my topic may have upset but i was bored of reading about doom and gloom then saw how the qpr and villa match bore the same importance.their situation would have been so much more achieveable if they had beaten a team in poor form,same as city.

anyway,enough of my ramblings,thanks for all the on topic replies,wont bother again unless a seperate section is there :igiveup:

If you recall about a year back we had a discussion about how to head up the various subjects.. I suggested, perhaps others did also, that we make it all a lot more simple, to avoid confusion, and have two essential football headings; one for all things BCFC and the other 'all other football'. That was adopted but I think some MOD, in their ultimate incorrect wisdom imo, changed that, yet again, to just one heading.

Hence we have a situation whereby someone, rightly, posts a topic in here about a non BCFC subject and gets hammered for it.

MODS... put it back to the two headings.. it made an awful lot of sense when you changed it to that.. most people i seem to recall agreed at the time and lets be done with the tinkering.

If he keeps QPR in the Prem he will have done a Houdini act; he has a harder task than even SOD has in my opinion.

I don't agree with that at all. He took over the job way back in November after only 11 games into the season. He's broken their transfer record twice in January and has had more than enough time to get them into a position to get out of it. They are still bottom.

Remember his comments about how ridiculous the wages were at QPR when he came, so he went out in January and got Samba on a reported 100k a week.

The man has won 1 FA cup with Portsmouth, the championship with Pompey, promotion with Bournemouth, the Johnstones Paint cup and the awe inspiring Intertoto Cup. Sir Alex he is not. I'll give him this, he's won the media over as well for being approachable. Apart from Spurs, no other big club have touched him, and Spurs are a much better outfit without him, plus Redknapp had the luxury of Bale and Modric in his team.

I don't agree with that at all. He took over the job way back in November after only 11 games into the season. He's broken their transfer record twice in January and has had more than enough time to get them into a position to get out of it. They are still bottom.

Remember his comments about how ridiculous the wages were at QPR when he came, so he went out in January and got Samba on a reported 100k a week.

The man has won 1 FA cup with Portsmouth, the championship with Pompey, promotion with Bournemouth, the Johnstones Paint cup and the awe inspiring Intertoto Cup. Sir Alex he is not. I'll give him this, he's won the media over as well for being approachable. Apart from Spurs, no other big club have touched him, and Spurs are a much better outfit without him, plus Redknapp had the luxury of Bale and Modric in his team.

I don't argue with your detail but I still think he has a harder job than Sean and I think I am right in saying QPR were further adrift when he came in? In addition to that you cannot realistically say anybody can beat anybody; the top 6, apart from an off day, will not be beaten with regularity unlike the Championship.

I don't argue with your detail but I still think he has a harder job than Sean and I think I am right in saying QPR were further adrift when he came in? In addition to that you cannot realistically say anybody can beat anybody; the top 6, apart from an off day, will not be beaten with regularity unlike the Championship.

He's also got Jordan, Cotterill & Bond to help him out, not a bad back up team !

Exactly, this is obviously causing friction.

Or, let us know why this can't be done perhaps?

Or, Just ignore it.

Exactly, this is obviously causing friction.

Or, let us know why this can't be done perhaps?

Or, Just ignore it.

It's a really, really odd thing for people to get annoyed about though. The forum's hardly over-flowing with non-Bristol City related posts and, as people have said, you can always just not click if you're not interested in the subject.

I think the people who get annoyed by something about this probably ought to take a long, hard look at what really matters in life.

It's a really, really odd thing for people to get annoyed about though. The forum's hardly over-flowing with non-Bristol City related posts and, as people have said, you can always just not click if you're not interested in the subject.

I think the people who get annoyed by something about this probably ought to take a long, hard look at what really matters in life.

But it was only Jake and Aizzon who voiced any disapproval, a very minute minority! I have enjoyed reading the thread and whilst looking at the Prem and Champs table, couldn't help but draw the same comparison between Arry and Sod.

Exactly mate, it clearly says Harry Redknapp in the title, so why do these people click on the topic to be disappointed that it's a topic about Harry Redknapp. Like you say, 95% of this forum is City, I find it breaks the monotony of the usual Skuse, we are staying up/going down posts we have on here.

Archived