IGNORED

Michael Mcindoe

HoldenBall

Had one fox of a gf and I think he has another one now, maybe he isn't small in every department.

Indeed, I expect his bank account is quite large - providing he didn't invest in the scheme he was trying to flog to others!

As a player he had his limitations, but you had to admire his tireless running and commitment. The guy was always fired up - and that was why he clashed with the increasingly tyrannical GJ of course.

Indeed, I expect his bank account is quite large - providing he didn't invest in the scheme he was trying to flog to others!

As a player he had his limitations, but you had to admire his tireless running and commitment. The guy was always fired up - and that was why he clashed with the increasingly tyrannical GJ of course.

Particularly enjoyed his joust with Nick Carle when he came back with Palace. Believe it ended with a fight in the car park afterwards. Great player for us at times though - nobody ever could accuse him of not trying and often made things happen just by sheer bloody-mindedness.

Particularly enjoyed his joust with Nick Carle when he came back with Palace. Believe it ended with a fight in the car park afterwards. Great player for us at times though - nobody ever could accuse him of not trying and often made things happen just by sheer bloody-mindedness.

Mcindoe threw a bottle at him, and chested it down like a football according to neil warnock

Edited by Lan_lodger

One-trick pony - stepover, stepover, stepover...no end result. Powder puff in the challenge. Constantly flattered to deceive with lots of running and little impact.

The fact that we have struggled to find a consistent, technically-competent left winger doesnt change what McIndoe was.

I'm sorry but I can't see how you can have come to that conclusion...

He is probably the best left-winger we have had over the past 20 years I have been watching. Solid and reliable player who scored a few good goals as well. OK, his 2nd season wasn't as good but that was due to GJ playing him all over the place.

He is probably the best left-winger we have had over the past 20 years I have been watching. Solid and reliable player who scored a few good goals as well. OK, his 2nd season wasn't as good but that was due to GJ playing him all over the place.

I agree. Always looked more dangerous with him on the field, and getting the ball out to him not only let him run at defenders but it opened up space for others too. Scored some good goals but sometimes his final ball wasn't the best; should probably have scored more.

One-trick pony - stepover, stepover, stepover...no end result. Powder puff in the challenge. Constantly flattered to deceive with lots of running and little impact.

The fact that we have struggled to find a consistent, technically-competent left winger doesnt change what McIndoe was.

I think Nibor but this to bed, fairly definitively, a few years back by producing McIndoe's assists stats. He was much better than you suggest.

Errrr...hmmmm....Tinman used to play on the left? Surely that's in last 20 years. I was going to say Alan Walsh, but then realised just how old I am...

I think Nibor but this to bed, fairly definitively, a few years back by producing McIndoe's assists stats. He was much better than you suggest.

Absolutely.

I think his two seasons with us saw him score 12 goals (with no penalties) and provide 18 assists, he also missed just one game in that time.

When you compare that what the (largely) various non entities that have played down the left since he went only a fool wouldn't think he was excellent value for money (most of whIch we got back anyway when we sold him to Cov) and never properly replaced.

As much as I'd love to have sympathy with people who gave large sums of untraceable cash to a football player who promised them a 20% p/m ROI...somehow I just can't find the required compassion. 

Anyone who's spent at least, oh, five minutes or so living in the real world would surely have smelled a scam from a mile away?!

Edited by BRISTOL86
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

As much as I'd love to have sympathy with people who gave large sums of untraceable cash to a football player who promised them a 20% p/m ROI...somehow I just can't find the required compassion. 

Anyone who's spent at least, oh, five minutes or so living in the real world would surely have smelled a scam from a mile away?!

Agree, v difficult to feel sorry for super rich footballers....in they're greedy pursuit to try and get even wealthier. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, john from high littleton said:

Agree, v difficult to feel sorry for super rich footballers....in they're greedy pursuit to try and get even wealthier. 

Don't get me wrong, it doesn't in any way justify what MM did, but surely there has been multiple failings of common sense for people to get suckered in like this. People losing in excess of a MILLION pounds to this?!