IGNORED

Michael Mcindoe

HoldenBall

12 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

As much as I'd love to have sympathy with people who gave large sums of untraceable cash to a football player who promised them a 20% p/m ROI...somehow I just can't find the required compassion. 

Anyone who's spent at least, oh, five minutes or so living in the real world would surely have smelled a scam from a mile away?!

Sadly a good conman will make most thing seem plausible.

Regardless of your intelligence, perceived wealth or social standing.

If you have a quid or a million quid, the return being offered was far better than the banks were paying and if he was able to pay a convincer for the first 6 months of a low investment a lot of people would have trusted him with even more.

• Like 1

Little sympathy for supreme rich players suckered into McIndoe's s heme.

Lots of sympathy for lower league players and family members who were not super rich but conned into parting with money they could probably not afford  to lose.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, john from high littleton said:

Agree, v difficult to feel sorry for super rich footballers....in they're greedy pursuit to try and get even wealthier. 

These aren't super rich, though. They're well paid compared to the average for sure but nothing like the top players get.

Being a footballer is a short career and the sensible ones will try to invest as much of their earnings as they can to prepare for a retirement that could come at pretty much any moment. Obviously these invested very badly and should have been suspicious of anything promising 20% pm ROI but there is nothing wrong in principle with them wanting to grow their wealth (or indeed with anyone wanting to, rich or poor).

I have never, ever heard of the former Wolves goalkeeper, Matt Murray but the fact that he had £1.6m to invest with McIndoe makes one realise how stupidly crazy are professional footballer salaries.

I've just googled him - he played for Wolves for his entire career which ran from 1998-2010 during which time he amassed just 87 first team appearances, retiring due to injury aged 29. An average of just over 7 games per season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I have never, ever heard of the former Wolves goalkeeper, Matt Murray but the fact that he had £1.6m to invest with McIndoe makes one realise how stupidly crazy are professional footballer salaries.

I've just googled him - he played for Wolves for his entire career which ran from 1998-2010 during which time he amassed just 87 first team appearances, retiring due to injury aged 29. An average of just over 7 games per season.

Works for Sky Sports now.

8 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

4 minutes ago, glynriley said:

And he loves a good pout at the end of everything he says...

If you haven't noticed, I'm sure you will from now on.

Edited by Scrumpy
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Little sympathy for supreme rich players suckered into McIndoe's s heme.

Lots of sympathy for lower league players and family members who were not super rich but conned into parting with money they could probably not afford  to lose.

Agree but the old adages remain. 'Too good to be true and it probably is' and 'don't gamble what you can't afford'. Simple. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, glynriley said:

38 minutes ago, Scrumpy said:

And he loves a good pout at the end of everything he says...

If you haven't noticed, I'm sure you will from now on.

I do recognise him but only as a Sky match summariser - I never realised he was a pro footballer. Wiki also states that he's a goalkeeping coach for the Nike Academy, whatever that is?

I remember when it was compulsory for all former footballers to become publicans or postmen. How times change.

10 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I do recognise him but only as a Sky match summariser - I never realised he was a pro footballer. Wiki also states that he's a goalkeeping coach for the Nike Academy, whatever that is?

I remember when it was compulsory for all former footballers to become publicans or postmen. How times change.

Sky have obviously picked him up to tap into all his experience of 80 odd professional games. The fact he has a black country accent was obviously just a bonus.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I literally bumped into Matt Murray in the toilets under the South Stand before the Brum game. He was wearing a Sky Sports jacket.

Interesting, eh....

If I ever bumped into Michael McIndoe I would challenge him to a duel.

I reckon I could have him.

Matt Murray on the other hand I did actually meet once, in a rather nice cafe in a park on the outskirts of Sutton Coldfield.

He is a substantial physical presence, and I would certainly not challenge him to a duel.

If I did then I would probably die...

Edited by Nicky Morgan's Organ