IGNORED

The Official City V Birmingham 'd' Day Thread

Well this is the first match of the season where we could, officially, be saying 'hasta la vista' to our half a decade or so stint in the Championship. It has had its ups and its downs but its been a roller coaster blast. We will be back to grace the division again perhaps as early as the autumn of 2014.

I hope we give a good account of ourselves this evening and indeed in the remaining fixtures; it would be nice if we could battle until the last even if it means we avoid ending up in last place.

I am not even going to try and predict tonights result; I cannot imagine for one moment what is going on inside the 11 players' heads who will take to the pitch. They could freeze or they could play with total abandon and smash the blues back to brum so that we live for another day in what is, for me, the most exciting league in the world.

Come on City... give it all you got and provide us with a performance to rock the roof off.

#BristolCity v Birmingham - Heaton; Moloney, Nyatanga, Bates, Cunningham, Adomah, Kelly, Kilkenny, Anderson, Baldock, Davies.

#BristolCity Subs - Gerken, M.Wilson, Foster, Carey, Howard, Burns, Ajala.

Edited by Super

Exactly. Don't pay lip service, stick them on the bench and then bring Howard and Foster on!! Get them out there and give something for the supporters to get behind.

If we are meant to be improving out academy and youth players we need to do what teams like Southampton do , and play their youth players otherwise they will never reach their potential

People need to take that into account if he actually plays instead of slating him before his career in a city shirt begins

Agreed and a good point, i think tonight is his get a good feel for it night, hopefully also gets 15 mins which for a young lad with all that excitement will be no problem despite yesterday 90 mins

Good luck toby !

Nyatanga captain, one of the most nervous and shaky defenders I've ever seen, interesting. Rather see someone like Heaton captaining the side who at least gives 110% and seems to genuinely care.

Nyatanga is a class above Fontaine and Bates.