IGNORED

The Official City V Birmingham 'd' Day Thread

It all started with Johnson after a fluke season offering poor players long term contracts holding us back. LJ was here for 5½ season. McAllister for six. Carey, Skuse and Nyatanga are still here.

What a load of total BOLLOX.

Tell me one thing Tommy, did you know and say this at the time? or did you like everybody enjoy the ride?.

I'll tell you what if that was fluke season, please god let's have a few more of them before I die.

Edited by Esmond Million's Bung

Sorry but the blame lies well and truly at the board's door. They ultimately control everything that happens at this club, from managerial appointments to financial matters. In every department we are in an embarrassing state and must have a thorough change and a fresh start next season.

Tell me one thing Tommy, did you know and say this at the time? or did like everybody enjoy the ride?.

I'll tell you what if that was fluke season, please god let's have a few more of them before I die.

Hes right Esmond, it was a fluke season, the same team failed to repeat it the following season, and those players referred to have been part of Johnson's, Millen's & McInne's relegation campaigns. That first season was fantastic, but undoubtedly a fluke...

and you knew that at the time FFS

Actually, I did, the following season, and suggested as much after we finished 10th, and got shot to pieces for suggesting it, by the form taste police..Never ever ever thought, we'd keep drifting aimlessly though, thought the board would do the right thing, and yes I did think McInnes was the answer, when he came in, and like very many others bitterly disappointed when he ****** it up..

Tell me one thing Tommy, did you know and say this at the time? or did you like everybody enjoy the ride?.

We have been on the backfoot since promoted. Not easy to complain as contracts were made up in secrecy.

It was a fluke season on +1 in goal difference. thank god for very much of the season benched genious of trunde and Noble. .

Edited by bristolcitysweden

Hes right Esmond, it was a fluke season, the same team failed to repeat it the following season, and those players referred to have been part of Johnson's, Millen's & McInne's relegation campaigns. That first season was fantastic, but undoubtedly a fluke...

not sure you can say the same team / players failed to repeat it. johnson dramatically changed the tactics somewhere toward the end of that first season, and played much more narrow, direct football the following season and it was the beginning of the demise. the promotion and playoff season were based on somewhat more open play, and a heck of a lot of spirit

Actually, I did, the following season, and suggested as much after we finished 10th, and got shot to pieces for suggesting it, by the form taste police..Never ever ever thought, we'd keep drifting aimlessly though, thought the board would do the right thing, and yes I did think McInnes was the answer, when he came in, and like very many others bitterly disappointed when he ****** it up..

Jesus anybody could have seen it the season after even David Blunketts guide dog FFS, that's not seeing it before it happened though.

in football management most managers have a formula which they stick to because it brings them results, when it starts going wrong they go into panic mode and do things they would normally not do, sometimes it works but usually it dosen't and that is exactly what happend with GJ and it took him until he returned to Yeovil to realise that.

and Millen and DMC despite signing their own players always reverted back to GJ's failures and that can hardly be blamed on GJ.

Edited by Esmond Million's Bung

not sure you can say the same team / players failed to repeat it. johnson dramatically changed the tactics somewhere toward the end of that first season, and played much more narrow, direct football the following season and it was the beginning of the demise. the promotion and playoff season were based on somewhat more open play, and a heck of a lot of spirit

Wouldnt argue with any of that, but the players were kept on/ stayed on too long, and successive managers including Johnson couldnt/wouldnt/didnt replace or strengthen the squad...the longer it went on the more in the shit we went, and most of our alleged "Championship Quality" players definitely aint...