IGNORED

The Official City V Birmingham 'd' Day Thread

I remember once the hapless David Steel after a stunning Liberal by election result saying "go home and prepare for government".

I read with interest the words of SL at Wolves a month ago and reading between the lines I heard "go home and prepare for relegation".

The lack of any signings especially loaners said it all to me, I predict a struggle and more embarrassment + another 12 months for Louis.

Bloody cynical, and bloody accurate, sadly, cos we are deeply in the shit...

I remember once the hapless David Steel after a stunning Liberal by election result saying "go home and prepare for government".

I read with interest the words of SL at Wolves a month ago and reading between the lines I heard "go home and prepare for relegation".

The lack of any signings especially loaners said it all to me, I predict a struggle and more embarrassment + another 12 months for Louis.

Its been planned for some time. Correct.

I became interested in the Robins in their last League One season, but I started watching & supporting City only in the following season...so I didn't really experienced League One: this relegation makes me feel in a strange way...but I'm trying to be positive, and considering L1 an opportunity to rebuild a competitive team, and fly back to the Championship soon.

After 6 seasons in the Championship, a new chapter of BC's history is approaching: a relegation is not easy to accept, but our club will come back stronger! Sempre forza Robins!

Unluckily for me my first season following City ended in relegation from division one to division two (championship - league one) however I still became hooked. What I remember of it is again we had to rebuild in the summer as half the players left but we was left with some hangers on. Pulis was the wrong appointment. Screwed this club right over and gave long contracts to crocked or past it players. I'm not lying when I say everyone danced around the stands when he left us and we got compo for him too!!

Our last relegation was horrible, years and years of dull boring football getting beat by teams like Brentford, Gillingham, Colchester etc. Crowds of 8-9 thousand at home. Back then at least it was made interesting by the derbies with Rovers or the games against Cardiff or Swansea. Just thinking back through my memories of league one teams like Wigan, Cardiff, Swansea etc all overtaken us and moved on to the prem whilst we return to league one. Very sad.

League one wasn't enjoyable one little bit and we only got close to getting out of it twice. Returning to them days are gonna be hard. The club does seem to be in a better position this time around, academy, training ground and hopefully SOD is the man to rebuild us but I hope he gets it right otherwise were looking at years more of dark days.

But I guess this roller coaster ride is exactly why we all love bristol City and what always keeps us coming back for me.