IGNORED

Keith Millen - Premier League?

cityfan

A lot of good asistants make poor managers. I reckon it's because you can be more matey with the players as a assistant/coach and some find it difficult to step up and be the boss and make the difficult choices. I liked Millen when he was here but felt he struggled to pick the team up after a loss.

I'd wish him luck but can't have any going holloways way!

Following Gary's departure and when having to recover the mess Coppell had created, Keith did a great job.

Sadly didn't make the most in the summer of the 2011/12 season, possibly due to limitations with the budget due to the mess of a squad we had at the time. Even at times at the start of that season we were unlucky in a lot of the games, the greatest example being the 3-2 loss to Reading at home which could easily have been 5-0 to us (I also remember it as one of the rare nights we got to see Pitman and Maynard together up front too), he did have us playing some good football at times, but as usual the defence let us down. Kilkenny was obviously the bad luck charm.

Good luck to Keith if they reach the Premier League, just a shame who he's working alongside.

Good luck to him. Was a loyal servant to BCFC as a player and in various coaching/management posts. Dont think he ever really got the credit he deserved whilst at our club.

Probably another who should add to his CV "should nt have taken the top job".

Fair play to km an holloway hope they make it tbh km was great for us as player and assistant but didn't quite cut the mustard as manager. Like him or hate him holloway has yet again proved he his good manager! I'm sure I will get shot down for my comments ....

Fair play to km an holloway hope they make it tbh km was great for us as player and assistant but didn't quite cut the mustard as manager. Like him or hate him holloway has yet again proved he his good manager! I'm sure I will get shot down for my comments ....

Yeah fair play to him, he took Dougie Freedmans top two team, just scraped into the play offs after a run of 1 win at 10 at the end of the season, and may well spawn into the Prem

Cant wait to hear is stupid interviews on MOTD next year, where once again he will play the card that is "woe is me, no one takes us seriously and everyone is against us"

Yeah fair play to him, he took Dougie Freedmans top two team, just scraped into the play offs after a run of 1 win at 10 at the end of the season, and may well spawn into the Prem

Cant wait to hear is stupid interviews on MOTD next year, where once again he will play the card that is "woe is me, no one takes us seriously and everyone is against us"

Fair play to you keith and good luck in the final.just proved yourself as a very good no.2

Yup - met him a few times and a very good bloke - wish him all the best.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but we'd probably have been better off keeping him and not getting Macinnes.

Very good assistant, just not a great number 1.

As a number 1 he was a number 2.

To be fair, he did well when he took over from GJ, but his lack of experience was ultimately his undoing. Could be the sort of guy that will be good as an assistant but never quite good enough to be the main man.

We probably were. But sacking him didn't make a great deal of difference in the long run did it? Apart from allowing us to savour the sublime talents of morris pearson foster players who millen no doubt would have been unable to attract to the club!

The sacking was the correct decision but the replacement in hindsight was not. Players you've just mentioned are three of numerous reasons why.

Archived