IGNORED

Chelsea To Sign 14-Year-Old Bristol City Teenager Jacob Maddox

!james

The FA have well and truly f00ked FL clubs by bringing in the EPPP.

They say it is to help the England team but they have just bent over and taken another one from the PL.

This is why we have to push on and achieve Cat 1 status ASAP as it will just be a waste of time & resources feeding the fat cats.

Angry......

The FA have well and truly f00ked FL clubs by bringing in the EPPP.

They say it is to help the England team but they have just bent over and taken another one from the PL.

Angry......

The majority of clubs voted in favour

It's called BLACKMAIL, the FL allowed their clubs to be blackmailed into it........that is disgusting.

The FL should have fought for higher fees.

the clubs should of spoke to each other and held a protest vote but they didn't, We can't complain about it because we as a club voted in favour of it full stop,

the FL rejected the first 2 offers from the Prem if I recall so they did fight for the best possible deal,

The majority of clubs voted in favour

My lad was at Yeovil's Centre of excellence when it was voted in.

I spoke to one of the Yeovil directors, he told me that the majority of lower league clubs were dead against it. But he said that clubs voted it in because otherwise they would have got NO funding at all from the FA and the Premier League.

He said, and I quote " it's turkeys voting for Christmas"

Are we feeling a little 'francais' aujourd'hui?

:laugh: i feel a little 'française ' everyday ' my wife was born hère in the sunny south of France.

Sorry it is spellcheck 'à la française '.

Just thinking could n't Mr Lansdown build a stadium hère? Much easier for me to go to matches and you lot would get a bit of sun on your backs.

What you say? Ralph where are you ? Bit of support s'il vous plaît

nothing postive at all but we can;t argue about it ether

this will be a first.................besides, he's only 14 so his parents have obviously advised him which direction to take

all i can say is good luck to the kid, but the system is sooo biased towards the big boys.....again

Everyone is talking about how much the EPPP is '****ing over FL clubs' is slightly missing the point (and I think getting confused between different initiatives) in favour of some more Premier League bashing. There are (to my knowledge) only 8 Cat1 academies, meaning there are only 8 clubs who can automatically steal a player from us. I'm pretty sure that if Chelsea decided they wanted to sign one of our 14 year old players 2 years ago they could have done it with impunity and for little cash. Such is the way of the world. In addition, the new system can work in a club like ours favour. We will be in a decent position to pick up 18 year olds released from Cat1 Academies who've been subject to the best coaching and facilities, especially if we develop a reputation for giving youth a chance. It might not be. Fair system, but I'd actually say we're in a better position to exploit it now than under the previous way of doing things

no there are no rules now these were scrapped under the EPPP the Cat one academys can take pretty much who they want at next to nothing,

We as a tier two can do that to a tier 3 club

So GJ was right to scrap the Yeovil academy?

For those of you wanting us to be Cat 1 it would cost 7 million a year to run at least, that doesn't include the millions it would cost to set up.

The league clubs voted in favour of the new youth system as the premier league had threatened to stop a payment to the football league clubs, it was blackmail.

What a waste of talent, he'll end up being released at the age of 18 most probably

I'm hopeful that young Joe Morrell will benefit from turning down Liverpool to stay with us as it's gave him a greater chance of first team football when he does reach senior age, well, as long as he continues to put in the hard work and doesn't get complacent because Liverpool showed interest! Which will probably be what happens to this lad if he goes to Chelsea at the age of 14.

How is it remotely a 'waste of a talent'. What a ridiculous remark.

Yes, it is a loss to BCFC, stating the blinding obvious, but for Jason Maddox we can only wish him the very best and the brightest of futures. One day, perhaps if he can be nurtured under a bigger club, he could even play for the national team. I wish his every success.

How is it remotely a 'waste of a talent'. What a ridiculous remark.

Yes, it is a loss to BCFC, stating the blinding obvious, but for Jason Maddox we can only wish him the very best and the brightest of futures. One day, perhaps if he can be nurtured under a bigger club, he could even play for the national team. I wish his every success.

Unless Abramovich suddenly deserts Chelsea or Maddox is coincidentally the next Messi, Chelsea will continue to spend ridiculous amounts of money on top class players and will not give youth a chance as is the case now. If he's as talented as it seems he should stay at City and prove himself at a lower level in 5 years time and get a move from there, gaining 1st team experience on the way, Zaha's a prime example of this. Countless players have gone the same way as this kid, admittedly the big name of a team like Chelsea may blind their judgement at that age but that doesn't make the decision any less of a mistake, and if you seriously believe he'll get in the Chelsea team and not end up released like the vast majority of their youth players feel free to come back and quote this post in however many years time!

He might make it at Chelsea, he might not

Had he stayed then he could of made it here, but again he could of struggled, he's going onto a better club with better coaches and better opponents, he will improve but again he might not be good enough

We need to encourage the lad, best of luck Maddox

Tbh, look at it from this point of view... He's gone to Chelsea now where he will receive quality education in a first class surrounding. He will learn a lot even if he is released down the line. Given he came from us, it might mean that he will return some day. This means we would profit on the whole as we would receive a good player trained at another clubs expense.

Any of that making sense? Just talking off the top of my head....

So after the great news that we've been recommended CAT2 status we lose one of out most promising players?

What's the point...

Exactly. That was my main worry concerning the expense and man power developing an academy. Unless we have assurances that we can develop into cat 1 is see it being a costly mistake. Sure we can nick from lower academies, but then they can be stolen from us. So what is the point seeing the price we can get for the top players is insignificant.

Time will tell., and it isn't really the clubs fault, but this has the signs of a massive white Elephant.

So after the great news that we've been recommended CAT2 status we lose one of out most promising players?

What's the point...

Earned ourselves 80 grand. A couple more and it's a quarter of the yearly budget. If we then bring a couple through into the first team we're saving transfer fees and we may attract bigger offers. That's how it's supposed to work. Next thing we need to see is someone really making the breakthrough.

Unless Abramovich suddenly deserts Chelsea or Maddox is coincidentally the next Messi, Chelsea will continue to spend ridiculous amounts of money on top class players and will not give youth a chance as is the case now. If he's as talented as it seems he should stay at City and prove himself at a lower level in 5 years time and get a move from there, gaining 1st team experience on the way, Zaha's a prime example of this. Countless players have gone the same way as this kid, admittedly the big name of a team like Chelsea may blind their judgement at that age but that doesn't make the decision any less of a mistake, and if you seriously believe he'll get in the Chelsea team and not end up released like the vast majority of their youth players feel free to come back and quote this post in however many years time!

S'OK. They'll pay his wages, give him a bit of top coaching - and loan him back to us, I expect.

Everyone's happy.

If we are looking for a degree of comfort from this situation, didn't we pick up Lita (at the exit trials) from Chelsea?

A player who managed to get an England U-21 cap whilst playing for us, and then got sold for a significant profit.

Not suggesting for one moment then pennies that will likely be paid for a promising young player in the current climate are sufficient, but it's food for thought.

Archived