IGNORED

Tickets For The Rangers Game

Bat Fastard

Just spent a happy half hour trying to reach the ticket office on the phone to get tickets. It was a complete shambles - nobody answered the phone, then some American sounding recording about a mail box and how you could not leave a recorded message and then call the operator who answered on the fourth time of trying. Needless to say it was someone from the commercial department who promised someone would call back - yeah - right.

If this club was more professional with selling tickets maybe there would be more turnover before the 60% financial fair play rules are applied. What a waste of time and effort. Even the recorded messages are crap. I am fuming!

Rant over.....but still no tickets. It is a 100 mile round trip for me to get to the "Megastore" - or do I just not bother..... Thanks City! A great start to the season. SNAFU

I guess I was lucky, got through first call only holding for about 30 seconds. In the background it sounded busy so I think it's manned as well as they can. Not sure why the online booking isn't working. Either way, I prefer being able to phone than having to queue around the Williams and East End like in the past.

It's a joke!! I've been on hold for 42 minutes now!!!

Why is the online site down!?!

It's part of the new 'IT platform' that the club have adopted.........it's having 'major teething problems' and is not online yet.

Madness that the online system is not up and running yet. Don't envy the job of those in the ticket office today.

Anyone know time scales for the new online system? Don't fancy messing around in long queues on the phone and quite like seeing how many tickets we have sold for different areas of the ground - hope the new online system also provides this function.

Madness that the online system is not up and running yet. Don't envy the job of those in the ticket office today.

Anyone know time scales for the new online system? Don't fancy messing around in long queues on the phone and quite like seeing how many tickets we have sold for different areas of the ground - hope the new online system also provides this function.

chalky as my post above still waited 20mins with 15 other people at ag.i think it will resolve itself just have to be patient...

So a 6 minute turnaround?

Not bad considering volume of calls. Perhaps retract your entire rant now eh?

Happy to retract part of the rant. I have been a fan for nearly 50 years and want to be a peace with my club.....sometimes it is not easy!!

Happy to retract part of the rant. I have been a fan for nearly 50 years and want to be a peace with my club.....sometimes it is not easy!!

Some times better to have a breather then a rant ;)

Very frustrating Etherway and it's not good enough that the online ticketing is not up yet but I don't think that's the clubs fault

Had a bit of a mare not getting through. Then did the above and gave my number to a chap in the commercial dept. Got a nice lass calling back five minutes later tickets sorted. Sounds like their phones are in meltdown tbh. Fair play to them for getting back to us as opposed to just giving us the runaround like some would.

• Admin

Just spent a happy half hour trying to reach the ticket office on the phone to get tickets. It was a complete shambles - nobody answered the phone, then some American sounding recording about a mail box and how you could not leave a recorded message and then call the operator who answered on the fourth time of trying. Needless to say it was someone from the commercial department who promised someone would call back - yeah - right.

If this club was more professional with selling tickets maybe there would be more turnover before the 60% financial fair play rules are applied. What a waste of time and effort. Even the recorded messages are crap. I am fuming!

Rant over.....but still no tickets. It is a 100 mile round trip for me to get to the "Megastore" - or do I just not bother..... Thanks City! A great start to the season. SNAFU

I had the same problem today and also when I called to renew my season ticket last week.

Not impressed by the fact you get to a strange inbox message, and then get cut off.

At least in the past when you were on hold you were in a queue and the message was updated with any progress made.

Glad I won't be using this service too much again this season!

Have to say as always WHEN I did get through the staff were their usual helpful self

It seems they have been inudated with calls from Rangers fans trying to buy tickets thats why the phonelines have been in meltdown. I think we have since put a message on the OS asking Gers fans to contact their own club for away tickets.

• Admin

It seems they have been inudated with calls from Rangers fans trying to buy tickets thats why the phonelines have been in meltdown. I think we have since put a message on the OS asking Gers fans to contact their own club for away tickets.

Was the same before the Rangers tickets went on sale

It's not the fact the number is busy, the problem is the call goes to some strange mailbox where you are told that you can't leave a message

I had the same problem, in the end I just bit the bullit and went down to get mine. Not impressed at all though.

Had the same problem, then spoke to a very helpful lady in the commercial dpt who explained there was a problem with the phones which they were trying to rectify with BT. She gave me a direct number to call and also said she'd get someone to call me back incase I couldn't get through.

Got through to another helpful person and had a call back - customer service a*

Been trying all morning on the phone but keeps going to voicemail after a few minutes.

Looks like my season ticket seat has already been sold.

Am now at the stage that really cannot be bothered with this game, might just goto Forest Green instead...

Same here, I've phoned about 7 times from work, but the phone just keeps ringing and ringing. I can't afford to wait on the phone all day.

I've used the option 1 button each time, but next time I may just let it go through to whichever the default is.

Archived