IGNORED

Bournemouth V Real Madrid (Merged Threads)

G Block

Puts the

£60!

Is that a record for a friendly?

Puts the £16 v Rangers into perspective!

I guess if I was a Cherries fan I'd be happy to pay £60 for a 'once in a lifetime' opportunity to watch my team play Real Madrid. I would also reckon the Real fee would account for most of the price increase!

Just guessing but I reckon the Madrid fee will be pretty large, would probably be loss-making at normal prices?

Then what is the point exactly? Must be a Madrid 'B' team as well?

Imagine this place if Pitman nets a hat trick against that lot though.....melt down!

Puts the

Puts the £16 v Rangers into perspective!

I guess if I was a Cherries fan I'd be happy to pay £60 for a 'once in a lifetime' opportunity to watch my team play Real Madrid. I would also reckon the Real fee would account for most of the price increase!

True, even £16 is steep.

Still, Bournemouth will make money out of this so why not.

Just saw this on sky sports news with the presenter questioning the chairman. 60 pound is outrageous, if this was a European game I would have a strong mind to refuse to pay that price (and would definitely not pay half that to watch City vs Madrid in a pre-season friendly!) - how the chairman tried to justify it I will never know and I hope it doesn't sell out.

Does put 16 quid against Rangers into perspective.

I was surprised Ashton & Backwell didn't try and pull something like this.

You couldn't blame them charging £60 for the visit of the Giants of South West football, still would have sold out.

True but would Ashton & Backwell fans now want a refund after hearing star player Lewin Nyatanga has left the City?

What an absolute disgrace they are.

"We see the fixture as a well earned gift to our fans for their unwavering dedication to AFC Bournemouth"

And then you charge them £60 for the privilege.

Shocking.

Archived