IGNORED

Bournemouth V Real Madrid (Merged Threads)

G Block

The people who are saying they would pay £60 (whether reluctantly or willingly) to watch this game represent everything that is wrong with football today.

You need to kick the club squarely in the nuts when they show you these prices, to show them that you are in charge of what you will and wont pay, £30 for a friendly would be ridiculous.

I'd pay £60 (reluctantly) if it was a guaranteed senior squad as I can't imagine it would go down well if Real Madrid B turn up.

"Real Madrid superstars Mesut Özil, Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo will grace the Goldsands Stadium for a one of a kind game against the Cherries."

you cant just go and publish something like that if they're not going to be there. it doesnt say they'll "play" mind, but i think refund demands would be close to 100% if they dont play a fairly senior side for at least half the game

Ive got two boys 8 and 10 who both like Real as their second team and watch them on sky when there playing.I would absolutely love to take them to see Real play live if they were playing city but £120 ? And you might get a few star players taking some part ? Scandalous in my eyes and taking advantage of people like me as im sure there are others with kids who will harp on not to miss a chance like that.no way would I pay those prices on point of principal but they probably believe harry redknapp and his sandbanks neighbours and hangers on will fill the ground anyway.they don't give a toss about the loyal supporters who attend regularly but thats how where football seems to be heading at present unfortunately.

I'd pay £60 (reluctantly) if it was a guaranteed senior squad as I can't imagine it would go down well if Real Madrid B turn up.

You'd actually pay 60£? Sorry to sound rude but what a complete mug you are.

Football fans by and large in this country are so spineless its laughable. Sooner or later it is going to implode. How can things slowly carrying on rising when the average salary isnt? I cant wait to see football completly ****** in a decade or so's time.

Hopefully Bournemouth fans boycott

Unfortunately the new breed of football fan from sandbanks will be all over it I expect

A mass boycott is what is needed right across this country.

The word 'loyal fan' makes me sick these days, you are not loyal you are a very sad spineless individual if you follow modern football in my opinion.

True, even £16 is steep.

Still, Bournemouth will make money out of this so why not.

Perspective - when I watched Madrid regularly at the Bernebeu in the early / mid noughties it would cost less than EUR20. Sometimes it was as low as EUR6 depending on ticket sales. Football is stupidly expensive here in the UK nowadays.

A mass boycott is what is needed right across this country.

The word 'loyal fan' makes me sick these days, you are not loyal you are a very sad spineless individual if you follow modern football in my opinion.

Does that go for season Ticket holders at clubs like City, Rovers, Rochdale??

How are you defining these "spineless individuals"? Are you applying it to the loyal fans on here who are following their club in modern times, many of whom have been going since the dark days of the 80's and before. Will they still be sad in your eyes if they continue to watch City if we ever reach the prem? Genuine fans.

As for the Bournemouth friendly, I hope nobody turns up and their chairman is lumbered with a big bill to pay, but it won't happen, look at Cardiff.

All Bournemouth had to do was put the season tickets up by £60 quid and then state with every one purchased there would be a free gift as a thank you, entry to the game, everybody happy.

I know that this probably would not have worked, their season tickets probably went up more than £60 just because of promotion alone, also the game was possibly not definite when ST's went on sale etc, etc

What a contrast this fixture is with Yeovil's pre season which consists of Poole Torquay Exeter Plymouth and Forest green- hardly what you call inspiring and not sure it is preparing them for life in the championship.

but last season we were playing all tinpots as well, except southampton

But if they didn't charge 60 quid the game wouldn't happen. Catch 22,would I pay 60 quid to watch a full strength Madrid side at Ashton Gate for that? Well paid simular to watch city v hull at Wembley so for a once in a lifetime game then I think I most likely would.

All Bournemouth had to do was put the season tickets up by £60 quid and then state with every one purchased there would be a free gift as a thank you, entry to the game, everybody happy.

I know that this probably would not have worked, their season tickets probably went up more than £60 just because of promotion alone, also the game was possibly not definite when ST's went on sale etc, etc

What. That is the worst idea ever.

Archived