IGNORED

Everyones Favourite Journalist Is Now On Twitter...

!james

Doubt it myself.

Was linked by a colleague so no reason to doubt...

Steve Cotton @stevencotton

Welcome my Bristol City, Glos Cricket and boxing-reporting colleague @AndyStockhausen to Twitter. At last! This will be entertaining...

• Admin

Not ashamed to admit I've tweeted him with some career improving advice...

@AndyStockhausen if you follow @alidurdenBBC you'll have a bonafide "trusted source" #properjourno

There. And i didnt even mention rewarding himself with a drink :)

if he didn't write such one sided negitive rubbish or take storys directly from here then people would have more time for him

Modern journo's as did the old journo's rely on either gossip, heresay, or leaks, from whatever source, just shows what crap is posted on here ! Oops

Not ashamed to admit I've tweeted him with some career improving advice...

@AndyStockhausen if you follow @alidurdenBBC you'll have a bonafide "trusted source" #properjourno

There. And i didnt even mention rewarding himself with a drink :)

Ali Durden . . . the bloke who said we had no interest in Marlon Pack.

Ali Durden . . . the bloke who said we had no interest in Marlon Pack.

That was a while back before Kellys injury and before we had Davies off the wage bill, he even said we couldn't make any moves before we shifted someone out. We would have been monitoring him without any firm interest.

Okay, to clarify, on July 16 he said this:

@alidurdenBBC
Despite various reports, I'm told Bristol City are no nearer agreeing a deal with Wigan for Albert Adomah & they are not signing Marlon Pack

He basically knocked down a story that was in the Cheltenham Echo and WDP, but has subsequently used info from those papers, such as the fact that he was training on his own and tweeted it. Just pointing out the Durden love-in on here his about as justified as the Stockhausen hate-fest.

Okay, to clarify, on July 16 he said this:

@alidurdenBBC

Despite various reports, I'm told Bristol City are no nearer agreeing a deal with Wigan for Albert Adomah & they are not signing Marlon Pack

He basically knocked down a story that was in the Cheltenham Echo and WDP, but has subsequently used info from those papers, such as the fact that he was training on his own and tweeted it. Just pointing out the Durden love-in on here his about as justified as the Stockhausen hate-fest.

Just checked his tweets and it actually says:

@alidurdenBBC: I'm told Bristol City are no nearer agreeing a deal with Wigan for Albert Adomah & they have not made an offer for Cheltenham's Marlon Pack.

Then a couple of days later on July 18:

@alidurdenBBC: @McStreety @cotty1966 my understanding is they like him but they have a lot of central midfielders already

Just checked his tweets and it actually says:

@alidurdenBBC: I'm told Bristol City are no nearer agreeing a deal with Wigan for Albert Adomah & they have not made an offer for Cheltenham's Marlon Pack.

Then a couple of days later on July 18:

@alidurdenBBC: @McStreety @cotty1966 my understanding is they like him but they have a lot of central midfielders already

Thanks Eric. Still took him two days to get there though. That's like an ice age in today's world of rolling news, which by definition he is part of.

He was right though wasn't he? We hadn't made a bid and we were interested. He's still 10 days ahead of the Post ;-)

For the records, I think Stockhowson is alright. I don't like the bullying that goes on.

Hmmm. I'm only going to labour this point one more time. He said they had not made an offer for Pack and left it at that originally, effectively dismissing newspaper reports. People on here took it that there was nothing in it. Two days later he realises there was interest all along.

Hmmm. I'm only going to labour this point one more time. He said they had not made an offer for Pack and left it at that originally, effectively dismissing newspaper reports. People on here took it that there was nothing in it. Two days later he realises there was interest all along.

Ha ha. Or you could interpret it that he gave out the facts, and when asked by the two people in the next tweets he said yes we like him but we have to get people out first. In truth, does it really matter. I for one am glad of the info, as its all been correct from what I can tell.

Archived