IGNORED

Welcome To Our World...r*vers Jr

Kid in the Riot

Would make sense for it to be on the last day...

However Alistair Durden put on twitter June 12th

Bristol Rovers aim to start work on UWE Stadium at end of September. Mem Stad Section 106 signed by all parties. 3 month JR period begins

3 month period would mean there would still be a couple of weeks? and it would be about 1 and a half months till now?

Would make sense for it to be on the last day...

However Alistair Durden put on twitter June 12th

Bristol Rovers aim to start work on UWE Stadium at end of September. Mem Stad Section 106 signed by all parties. 3 month JR period begins

3 month period would mean there would still be a couple of weeks? and it would be about 1 and a half months till now?

Correct

To kitr, would you like to explain retail grounds a bit more, tbh it's about time gloucester rd had some competition as it's way too expensive in the existing shops

Maybe Dancin Daniel can shed some light on this for us.

No I cant :)

It's not the last day of the JR period yet, that's in mid-September.

I hope whoever submitted the JR is wealthy, because as far as I'm aware no incorrect procedures were followed - remember you can't call for a JR just because you don't agree with the outcome, only if due process hasn't been followed.

The planning application considered the impact on retail, had expert reports prepared for BOTH sides, recognised there would be an impact on a limited part of the retail sector (mainly co-op express type shops) but introduced s106 measures to mitigate those impacts including free car parking and funds for promoting the area proactively etc

The application was passed noting those concerns but realising the bigger picture benefits to the area - and Eric Pickles felt there was nothing in the decision that warranted government intervention via a Public Inquiry.

If you call for a JR and lose, you become liable for all costs .... ;)

I'll not lose any sleep on this yet .... ;)

I'll leave the winding-up to Randy Marsh mate - he's much better at it.

Fair enough if it wasn't the last day yesterday - unusually courteous for a NIMBY!

The JR is in though...and BCC have been notified of that fact.

Fair enough we will wait to hear news.

I'll leave the winding-up to Randy Marsh mate - he's much better at it.

Fair enough if it wasn't the last day yesterday - unusually courteous for a NIMBY!

The JR is in though...and BCC have been notified of that fact.

Talking litter..

Move along, nothing to see here...

Correct

To kitr, would you like to explain retail grounds a bit more, tbh it's about time gloucester rd had some competition as it's way too expensive in the existing shops

There are more than enough supermarkets in the area and with them offering free parking it is a threat to local businesses.

I hate supermarkets though so I'm a bit biased.

There are more than enough supermarkets in the area and with them offering free parking it is a threat to local businesses.

I hate supermarkets though so I'm a bit biased.

I'll agree to disagree, the only threat to businesses on glos rd are themselves, overpriced ,sluggish service, there's one shop there where they are so far up thier own anuses its untrue, the only shops i use are daltons, maplin and the post office. and will continue to do so when sainsburys is built as for the other shops, when a lot of them realise they are only shopkeepers and lower the prices then people like me might use them more simple as.

I wanted kitr to answer as his original post was vague, need more specifics to believe what he wrote

There could be a bit of confusion about the JR period because as of the 1st July 2013... The JR period changed from 3 months to 6 weeks...

Therefore, if you were to apply the new 6 week period, the Sainsbury JR period would have ended this week. However, this is somewhat trivial, as the application was determined pre-1st July and thus the JR period will end on the 14th September 2013.

The new shorter period, however, was introduced to stop claimants abusing the JR system to delay development proposals. Under the old legislation (which still applies to the Sainsbury's application) it was possible for the judge to throw out a claim if they felt it wasn’t a timely application. Therefore, if a claim has indeed been made, it would probably be advisable (given the context of the new 6 week period) to get any application in front of a judge before the expiry of the six weeks period (which coincidentally ended this week…) to avoid the risk of the judge throwing out the application on grounds that it was not made in a timely fashion (as he is likely to have regard to the new 6 week period in his decision even though doesnt legally bite to the Sainsbury's decision).

I have also heard a rumour that a JR has been made; but the source is a third party (albeit one which is close to the project).

In the end of the day a JR is unlikely to do anything other than delay the commencement of the stadium.

I have also heard a rumour that a JR has been made; but the source is a third party (albeit one which is close to the project).

In the end of the day a JR is unlikely to do anything other than delay the commencement of the stadium.

Glad I'm not the only one, my sources are also very close to the project.

As the defendant BCC would've had to be notified first as the claimant had to first attempt to reconcile to avoid litigation.

Assuming this fails then the JR is heard before the High Court who either choose to accept it or reject it.

That's my understanding anyway.

Agree it's a delaying tactic but as we saw with AV what can appear to be the most spurious of claims can end up massively delaying a project and having huge knock on effects.

I continue to watch this one with interest :)

Glad I'm not the only one, my sources are also very close to the project.

As the defendant BCC would've had to be notified first as the claimant had to first attempt to reconcile to avoid litigation.

Assuming this fails then the JR is heard before the High Court who either choose to accept it or reject it.

That's my understanding anyway.

Agree it's a delaying tactic but as we saw with AV what can appear to be the most spurious of claims can end up massively delaying a project and having huge knock on effects.

I continue to watch this one with interest :)

Do they get an appeal as well if the JR is rejected.....i lose track of what happened with ours. Either way, if it has gone in, i cant see them breaking ground this year.

Do they get an appeal as well if the JR is rejected.....i lose track of what happened with ours. Either way, if it has gone in, i cant see them breaking ground this year.

you can basically appeal until some one gives up thats how the courts seem to act these days

No I cant :)

It's not the last day of the JR period yet, that's in mid-September.

I hope whoever submitted the JR is wealthy, because as far as I'm aware no incorrect procedures were followed - remember you can't call for a JR just because you don't agree with the outcome, only if due process hasn't been followed.

The planning application considered the impact on retail, had expert reports prepared for BOTH sides, recognised there would be an impact on a limited part of the retail sector (mainly co-op express type shops) but introduced s106 measures to mitigate those impacts including free car parking and funds for promoting the area proactively etc

The application was passed noting those concerns but realising the bigger picture benefits to the area - and Eric Pickles felt there was nothing in the decision that warranted government intervention via a Public Inquiry.

If you call for a JR and lose, you become liable for all costs .... ;)

I'll not lose any sleep on this yet .... ;)

Talking litter..

Move along, nothing to see here...

You pair of absolute clowns.

And by the way dancinfanny, yes the person who submitted the JR is VERY wealthy.

Best of luck girls.

Archived