IGNORED

Welcome To Our World...r*vers Jr

Kid in the Riot

As much as it makes me chuckle, I do feel sorry for the blue few.

We have and are still going through this ourselves.

Its crazy that the 2 football clubs who generate money for the city can be rail roaded like we have.

Makes me sad.

Bristol Rovers' move to Frenchay hit by judicial review warning

This report (posted today) says that the council is aware that someone is considering lodging an application for a judicial review, but that they have not done so yet.

I wonder if there is any truth in the rumour that the person involved is based in the Channel Islands?

I believe that that is the first step to get a JR... you have to have contacted the organisation you are complaining about and give them the chance to take action to rectify the issue before you can make a formal JR application

Really????

Pretty much yeah,

It was a formality that some weaselish little scrote was gonna pipe up and start sticking there snouts in where its not wanted, you lot knows that one already..

His far they will get with it is another matter, not very far I'd imagine..

Just a minor setback which will put a few weeks on top of our wait for building...

Good luck at Coventry today. Not.

You should read some of the crap being spouted on their forum. This situation may come to nothing but they are so in denial and desperate to try and deflect their frustrations.......

I quote.....

"I find it hard to believe that this was started by local Horfield Nimbys or due to the incompetence of BCC. Sainsbury's and other supermarket chains build their stores all the time without too many problems. This is hardly a new build in an historic controversial area.

Far more likely in my opinion that this has been started by people with a vested interest in seeing our club lose their new stadium, and we can all imagine who those people might be. I'm seeing Red about this."

Unquote

So building on a war memorial is not an "historic, controversial area"???

We have our own stadium issues to deal with and they seriously think SL or city related people are behind this!

I, for one, hope it is City behind it.

So R*vers fans openly and actively attempt to highjack City's desired move and that is all fair game of which they are proud. Then with no claims from us or a shred of evidence you have outrage from people like you've quoted.

What is it with these dillussional, self-pitying hypocrites? Also, self-profiteering from areas of extreme, iconic value such as war memorials built in honour of Bristol's sacrificed is in every way wrong but try explaining this to the dillussional blue few. It will be them, happily condoning such actions and you with a bollocking about attempting to take moral high ground.

Un-#####-ing believable this lot, honestly. They're as a shitty little football club as their supporter base deserves, long may it continue!

I, for one, hope it is City behind it.

So R*vers fans openly and actively attempt to highjack City's desired move and that is all fair game of which they are proud. Then with no claims from us or a shred of evidence you have outrage from people like you've quoted.

What is it with these dillussional, self-pitying hypocrites? Also, self-profiteering from areas of extreme, iconic value such as war memorials built in honour of Bristol's sacrificed is in every way wrong but try explaining this to the dillussional blue few. It will be them, happily condoning such actions and you with a bollocking about attempting to take moral high ground.

Un-#####-ing believable this lot, honestly. They're as a shitty little football club as their supporter base deserves, long may it continue!

I took the liberty of browsing their forum this morning and the vitriol and bile directed towards us is just incredible. It is so OTT that it is comedy gold!

We seem to have got right under their skin and yet their own evidence suggests the JR is absolutely nothing to do with us! What a bizarre bunch of simpletons.

I took the liberty of browsing their forum this morning and the vitriol and bile directed towards us is just incredible. It is so OTT that it is comedy gold!

We seem to have got right under their skin and yet their own evidence suggests the JR is absolutely nothing to do with us! What a bizarre bunch of simpletons.

It's ******g brilliant especially as they were calling KITR all sorts!! Stupid *****.

Lets hope they lose again today so I can start watching all the posts about JOhn ward and is he the right man!!

We're fickle but they are worse!!

Its amazing how almost every thread somehow degenerates into a dig or swipe at the city regardless of the topic. They deflect all their own failings on and off the pitch towards us to try and perpetuate this myth they are something special or different to us and any other fans.

Nobody at the moment knows who is behind this JR application but without any knowledge or evidence they are pushing the usual "sheeds" line. Maybe just maybe somebody has a legimate claim and is not happy with how the process was carried out. Unfortunately, it's too easy for them to ignore that and vent their long standing bitterness and anger towards us

Pretty much yeah,

It was a formality that some weaselish little scrote was gonna pipe up and start sticking there snouts in where its not wanted, you lot knows that one already..

His far they will get with it is another matter, not very far I'd imagine..

Just a minor setback which will put a few weeks on top of our wait for building...

Good luck at Coventry today. Not.

If you think that you could be in for a nasty shock we didn't think it would get this far with ours but here we are a couple of years down the line.

It is amusing though how smug you lot were about all this I said to a gashead mate of mine that don't believe your through it all until the diggers have moved in and I got called jealous. No building work goes through smoothly in Bristol even you lot should know this.

Oh and we're playing tomorrow thought you know that with your little obsession with us

Some kiddy put a post on Facebook last week about the death of his father, a staunch gashead, it was quite touching really,all about how great the rovers board had been and how grateful he was for their support and compassion, he then took the opportunity of his fathers death to have a dig at city, utterly beyond belief.

Some kiddy put a post on Facebook last week about the death of his father, a staunch gashead, it was quite touching really,all about how great the rovers board had been and how grateful he was for their support and compassion, he then took the opportunity of his fathers death to have a dig at city, utterly beyond belief.

Nothing surprises me with them, they could be talking about any subject even irrelevant to football and still have some pathetic dig at City.

I see they seem to think SL is possibly behind this. I can't see that SL would have anything to do with this for 2 reasons.

1. It has no bearing on Bristol sport or the ongoing debacle re AV.

2. Should the AV town green decision go our way, it would be rather silly of our owner to seriously piss Sainsburys off when they are planning to build on the AG site forming a fair old chunk of the funding for AV.

I can't see it being SL, what would his motivation be?

I see they seem to think SL is possibly behind this. I can't see that SL would have anything to do with this for 2 reasons.

1. It has no bearing on Bristol sport or the ongoing debacle re AV.

2. Should the AV town green decision go our way, it would be rather silly of our owner to seriously piss Sainsburys off when they are planning to build on the AG site forming a fair old chunk of the funding for AV.

I can't see it being SL, what would his motivation be?

It is not SL, I can guarantee you that. It was the mention that the person behind the JR is wealthy that sparked the paranoia from that lot that 'Pantsdown', as they so humorously like to call him, was that person.

They are weird.

thats pretty incredible..how could he in any way give even one percent of himself to such a thing at such a time.very sad individual.my old fella was City through and through as am i and certainly no thaught of the Rovers invaded my mind at the time of his passing.

I have an update on this.

It seems BCC are going to make representations denying any procedural wrong doing (no surprise there).

HOWEVER, an opinion has been expressed to me that everything is not all good and well with the decision specifically the Section 106 Agreement.

It is therefore a strong possibility that BCC will take the application back to Committee with some proposed re-wording.

Realistically, it ain't going to a Committee meeting until October at the earliest and so a delay on building work seems a strong possibility.

Wonder if the gappers will tell me I'm making all this up as well?!

Oh, and also the slags might want to bear in mind that ANOTHER JR is still of course possible.

Supermarkets love a JR on the last day deadline.

It would be well worth Tesco slapping one in purely to delay the build by 6 months as it's 6 months extra profit for their stores which easily covers their legal costs. Happens all the time.

Might not happen hashtag justsaying

No I cant :)

It's not the last day of the JR period yet, that's in mid-September.

I hope whoever submitted the JR is wealthy, because as far as I'm aware no incorrect procedures were followed - remember you can't call for a JR just because you don't agree with the outcome, only if due process hasn't been followed.

The planning application considered the impact on retail, had expert reports prepared for BOTH sides, recognised there would be an impact on a limited part of the retail sector (mainly co-op express type shops) but introduced s106 measures to mitigate those impacts including free car parking and funds for promoting the area proactively etc

The application was passed noting those concerns but realising the bigger picture benefits to the area - and Eric Pickles felt there was nothing in the decision that warranted government intervention via a Public Inquiry.

If you call for a JR and lose, you become liable for all costs .... ;)

I'll not lose any sleep on this yet .... ;)

Maybe a sleepless night tonight then.

Archived