IGNORED

Welcome To Our World...r*vers Jr

Kid in the Riot

And their forum is now full of gloating and comments like **** the teds ! these are the same people who we're suggesting a fans united march a fee months ago, when they needed us it was we're all fans, let's unite against the common enemy, now they don't need us it's back to their true feelings **** the teds,.They are vile hypocrites and I don't see how any city fan can be pleased for them, they certainly wouldn't be pleased for us if the shoe was on the other foot !

was ever thus, it's just the "small man" syndrome !  I wouldn't piss down their throats if their teeth were on fire .

Fair comment Norwegian red, but it's entertaining when they loose ! I checked it tonight to see what they though of their superlative draw with soutend and couldn't help reading a thread entitled jealous teds ! wish I hadn't, but at least it reminded me what a bunch of tunts they are !

Fair comment Norwegian red, but it's entertaining when they loose ! I checked it tonight to see what they though of their superlative draw with soutend and couldn't help reading a thread entitled jealous teds ! wish I hadn't, but at least it reminded me what a bunch of tunts they are !

Don't do it to yourself! Don't put yourself through it. Be kind to yourself.

Distraction, that's what you need-you get the urge, the thought, "let's see what they're saying" you drop to the floor and do ten press ups, or go to the fridge and stuff yer face/ pour a drink, phone a friend, go for a walk, kick the cat. Anything! Just don't go on their forum. Not until they have a crap week at least.

I was under the impression that the teaching space that Rovers fans seem to think will make them money was part of the deal ofleasing the land. Do they really believe UWE have basically gave them the land based on just naming rights and then UWE will go on to pay Rovers to lease teaching space on the land they already own? The most like scenerio is that teaching space and naming rights were swapped for a lease on the ground.

I believe there is also to be a Sainsburys local there? They will also unlikely recieve no future income from that as that woukd have been tied up in the memorial ground deal so paid in one lump sum.

If I was a sag I would be wary on Tescos silence. A huge supermarket being built inbetween their golden hill and eastville stores yet they have remained unusally quiet on this? Very sttange considering Tescos planning fights in the past.

Roverzzz will receive ALL non-matchday revenue from the UWE stadium.

How much you can actually make out of impoverished students on pound-a-pint nights is another matter...

The stadium will have a shit load of new housing (Cheswick Village) on its doorstep though so one assumes theyll be other opportunities...

And their forum is now full of gloating and comments like **** the teds ! these are the same people who we're suggesting a fans united march a fee months ago, when they needed us it was we're all fans, let's unite against the common enemy, now they don't need us it's back to their true feelings **** the teds,.They are vile hypocrites and I don't see how any city fan can be pleased for them, they certainly wouldn't be pleased for us if the shoe was on the other foot !

Too right.

The majority of comments on here were (surprisingly) supportive of their bulldozing of a stadium built to honour Bristol's war dead, their forum is however full of bitter comments about us, I'm with Slartibartfast on this one...

Rovers are who they are and it will never change.

There's no point rising to it. On Saturday my dad said to my eldest who is 8, that The game was a derby match, to which he corrected him as we weren't playing Cardiff!

Will Rovers ever be relevant again?

Who knows? Who cares? Forest Green in the Gloucestershire derby?

Roverzzz will receive ALL non-matchday revenue from the UWE stadium.

How much you can actually make out of impoverished students on pound-a-pint nights is another matter...

The stadium will have a shit load of new housing (Cheswick Village) on its doorstep though so one assumes theyll be other opportunities...

Apart from the teaching space.

Considering Dunford used to milk money out of them then I wouldn't be surprised if Higgs did the same.

You only gotta see what's happened to teams like Darlington, Rushden and Diamonds, even what happened with Coventry with the Rioch, I think its a risk for the Gash, As they havent got a rich man to back them like we have SL. My bet is it will be like Notts County a couple years back, when they brought in Sven and the gang. It will start well, but will fizzle all too quick.

I would wish them well but don't give two shits about them, the only way they will get more people in is by offering free tickets, season tickets to uni students etc and don't forget the plastics. Forest Green will soon over take them as the best team in Gloucester, but don't worry Gloucester City haven't got a home either, what's the chances of them asking for a ground share?

:laugh:

what utter garbage... get a grip... 

Rovers are who they are and it will never change.

There's no point rising to it. On Saturday my dad said to my eldest who is 8, that The game was a derby match, to which he corrected him as we weren't playing Cardiff!

Will Rovers ever be relevant again?

Who knows? Who cares? Forest Green in the Gloucestershire derby?

I get a feeling some people come on forums and just make things up....

Why should it be made up Pepsi?

Not everyone has the same over inflated opinion of Bristol Rovers as you and most of your fellow fans. 13 years since we were last in the same division, if you want respect you've got to earn it...not give it large about everything that's absolutely definitely going to happen in the future...maybe.

It is what it s mate.

In the 80s something was going on, but the last 20 years has just been an irrelevance. Christ when I was in my late teens Stoke was the real battle.

Maybe one day things will change for you. Perhaps Darlington said the same.

Who knows? Who cares?

It is what it s mate.

In the 80s something was going on, but the last 20 years has just been an irrelevance. Christ when I was in my late teens Stoke was the real battle.

Maybe one day things will change for you. Perhaps Darlington said the same.

Who knows? Who cares?

OK, i was referring to an 8 year old having any clue whatsoever to be honest about rivalry :laugh:..

Ok, so would you say that any of your games V Cardiff blues or anyone else local compares to our poxy 1st round JPT?? Just wondering like????

Why should it be made up Pepsi?

Not everyone has the same over inflated opinion of Bristol Rovers as you and most of your fellow fans. 13 years since we were last in the same division, if you want respect you've got to earn it...not give it large about everything that's absolutely definitely going to happen in the future...maybe.

I have no over inflated view of the gas, maybe a higher one than you though. 

Its you lot with the big club is it not?? massive

Ha, nice try Pepsi. Yeah we are huge, obviously.

Seriously though, I've heard several Gasheads use the term 'sleeping giant' in relation to Rovers over the last few days, plus if you get beat by anyone in L2 my Gas colleagues always moan about losing to 'tinpot ' clubs the following Monday.

Its your lot who genuinely believe your a massive club.

Btw, out of interest, how many did you pack into the Mem last night? I know you guys like to keep an eye on attendances and given recent events you must have had a bumper turn out last night to show Higgs and co that you appreciate all they've done and get behind the team.

I don't know if you have kids but an 8 year old going on 9 has an understanding of rivalry and he knows who city's are.

As for the games you mention, I was personally more up for Cardiff away in the league than our Johnstones Tin pot cup game.

Of course I wanted to win, I want city too win all games.

Just my opinion if course, I get stick from city fans about it, but to me the rivalry means the most to the late seventies eighties generation.

I don't know if you have kids but an 8 year old going on 9 has an understanding of rivalry and he knows who city's are.

As for the games you mention, I was personally more up for Cardiff away in the league than our Johnstones Tin pot cup game.

Of course I wanted to win, I want city too win all games.

Just my opinion if course, I get stick from city fans about it, but to me the rivalry means the most to the late seventies eighties generation.

Maybe your right about the rivalry fading out, possibly like you say cus i was brought up in 70s and 80s..I personally dont feel it fading atall, I have interaction with city fans every day and its always banter mostly good natured.

Ha, nice try Pepsi. Yeah we are huge, obviously.

Seriously though, I've heard several Gasheads use the term 'sleeping giant' in relation to Rovers over the last few days, plus if you get beat by anyone in L2 my Gas colleagues always moan about losing to 'tinpot ' clubs the following Monday.

Its your lot who genuinely believe your a massive club.

Btw, out of interest, how many did you pack into the Mem last night? I know you guys like to keep an eye on attendances and given recent events you must have had a bumper turn out last night to show Higgs and co that you appreciate all they've done and get behind the team.

Tinpot/sleeping giant is how i see it ..... :laugh:

Unsure how many were there last, didnt go personally.. doubt it was anymore than 7000 though...... The last few games have been shocking..

Archived