IGNORED

Welcome To Our World...r*vers Jr

Kid in the Riot

Plea to all football fans - VOTE !!

At any election, local or national, VOTE!!!

Who for? Anybody but the Greens. They hate football and its fans, and they do their utmost to prevent any stadium developments anywhere. Apart from them, it's your choice but, if you love football, kick out the Greens.

The JR and legal system in this country is an effing farce. But that wont stop me laughing at rovers. After seeing the comments on their forum gloating last week, my feelings of being genuinely happy for them reverted back to type. It would be great to see a double wammy of the stadium being taken from underneath their noses as well as being relegated to the conference where they truly belong. Effing minnows.

Plea to all football fans - VOTE !!

At any election, local or national, VOTE!!!

Who for? Anybody but the Greens. They hate football and its fans, and they do their utmost to prevent any stadium developments anywhere. Apart from them, it's your choice but, if you love football, kick out the Greens.

Rovers and football is not a combination of words often used so in this situation I am baffled who to vote for.

Rovers and football is not a combination of words often used so in this situation I am baffled who to vote for.

Don't forget they were up in arms about Ashton Vale. This isn't just about teams in Bristol and South Glos. This is about the future of football.

They can request that they play away for the first couple of weeks if there is a likely delay for completion of the stadium, I can't see it being a problem at all.

The UWE website shows an 18 month build time which already takes them to the end of September without further delays. I am aware this may be approximate but this will imply the first 10+ games will be away - I cannot imagine the FA/league will allow that as it will result in a disproportionate amount of home games in the run in and therefore they may be perceived to have an unfair advantage. Obviously if there are rules which say this is possible I stand to be corrected.

spoke to someone tonight and Rovers are sure the UWE stadium will be open for the 1st home game of 2015/16... the stadium will be built and fitted out for football 1st& foremost to ensure its ready for that date... conferencing, gym ect can wait a few months for their fit out ect.

Building has to start by late june at the latest for this to happen, 

Buckingham group who are the contractors have a large work force on sight already doing prep work, not the sign of a company who appear worried 

spoke to someone tonight and Rovers are sure the UWE stadium will be open for the 1st home game of 2015/16... the stadium will be built and fitted out for football 1st& foremost to ensure its ready for that date... conferencing, gym ect can wait a few months for their fit out ect.

Buckingham group who are the contractors have a large work force on sight already doing prep work, not the sign of a company who appear worried

I know for a fact it won't be ready for the first game that season.

The prep work is probably linked to environmental legislation particularly surrounding nesting birds and mammals. Certain activities have to be completed before the nesting season (widely accepted to be 1st April) or they are legally forced to delay to winter. Nick Higgs having experience of construction will know this and will have planned accordingly.

Loop hole where trash are claiming documental evidence was not seen or something ot worse was witheld. I wonder if that document will surface that states the land can only be used for sport. Interesting either way. I just want the ground to be kept for its intended use of sport and for rugby.

The prep work is probably linked to environmental legislation particularly surrounding nesting birds and mammals. Certain activities have to be completed before the nesting season (widely accepted to be 1st April) or they are legally forced to delay to winter. Nick Higgs having experience of construction will know this and will have planned accordingly.

Will no one think of the hedgehogs?

No, really :(

Will no one think of the hedgehogs?

No, really :(

Aizoon - NH made special efforts to ensure that the South Glos branch of Horace's dynasty had no chance to scupper the building schedule!

"There has been an ecologist on site for the last few weeks assessing for nesting birds. mammals and hedgehogs.

He has given it a clean bill of health and Nick approved the removal of all shrubs and vegetation immediately from the site before the nesting season starts. or other reptiles move back in.

This will save months on the building programme, fantastic start and stops anyone protesting we have killed off nesting sites or local mammals etc."

No doubt TrashHorfield will lodge the next stage of their appeal at 3.59 p.m. on 2nd April. They don't seem at all bothered that the judge tore them a new one re. time wasting, when he made his decision last week. They've certainly picked up a few tips from your Village Green chums.

I know for a fact it won't be ready for the first game that season

The stadium in whole wont be yes , the ability to hold a football match is what they are planning for even if 1 end of the stadium isnt ready for example  (according to a person at the very top of the tree of this project)

It goes to the court of appeal they have 21 days to do this, if it is turned down in the court of appeal that's the end of the road and it gets built

As the nimbys have form a plc they will simply bankrupt the company and be banned from directorship for 8 years

The only lose will be the Bristol tax payer

Also having worked on many major construction projects I can tell you most don't get finished on time

The gas simply ask to play their first 4 fixtures away from home or request us to share ( won't happen) bath or Cheltenham (both won't happen ether

It goes to the court of appeal they have 21 days to do this, if it is turned down in the court of appeal that's the end of the road and it gets built

As the nimbys have form a plc they will simply bankrupt the company and be banned from directorship for 8 years

The only lose will be the Bristol tax payer

Also having worked on many major construction projects I can tell you most don't get finished on time

The gas simply ask to play their first 4 fixtures away from home or request us to share ( won't happen) bath or Cheltenham (both won't happen ether

The trouble with them playing their few 4 fixtures away is the logistical nightmare that it causes not only City, but Bristol Rugby as well, as it kinda forces us to be home for those first 4, which causes issues for POTD fans who can't shell out 100 in a month for match tickets.  The fixture list compilation is extremely complex as it is.  You add the rugby into the mix as well, and it all gets very messy.  Ground share with someone - not us - seems most likely I would say depending on how big a delay we're talking about here, unless they can reach an agreement with Sainsbury.

Archived