IGNORED

Welcome To Our World...r*vers Jr

Kid in the Riot

Rovers know it too, as they have considered plan b and c etc. A velodrome was discussed but would not bring in the finances. If that document ever gets found and I hope it does I hope there are massive repercussions one of which gives bristols rugby players and playing public a ground back.

ive heard of some scaling back on the extras till after the ground is open and the 3 sides thing i heard was possible if the appeal went on for another 6 months or more....

as for the post above about giving the rugby club there ground back... they will have left and gone and if a covenant was going to be found i believe it would be already found , the rugby chairman at  the time tried to sell the whole lot to Amtrak and then sold half the 'memorial ground land' for housing ... nobody kicked up a fuss then funnily enough!!

im all for the mem staying as a rugby ground if someone wants to pay what sainsburys are offering ... i believe the rugby club have a very wealthy owner who earnt enough in a few hrs last week to buy it for the rugby club if it is that important to Bristol Rugby?

The fact is it suits Rovers to move , Its suits SL and Bristol Rugby to play at Ashton Gate ... a memorail garden and the gates will remain an important place , its sadly a fact of life that things move on , it would be lovely if somethings didnt like the Mem , but lets get realistic here money rules the world and some need to face it that some on here who claim to care so much about the Memorial Ground disrespect the very place by calling it the Minimal ect ... the arguments abut how rovers aquired the stadium ect have been done .. Rovers own it its theres to sell

It strikes me as funny that you can say to people to chill when you are so happy to desecrate a war memorial I am not in the least bit jealous. I am appalled and repulsed by how you are not ashamed at your clubs actions. If I went down to the city centre and started knocking down the cenotaph I would rightly be despised

the land was given for sport in memory for the war dead. No matter how you try and butter it up its vile. I have never dissed the mem and hold Bristol Rugby as much to blame. I can not tell you how angry about it and frankly your move on comments are vile in the extreme. I hope justice is done

I would like to add that its your comments I find vile and not something I feel toward you personally. It is great that Bristol will get two great stadiums but not great that it is being funded by this desecration

the rugby chairman at  the time tried to sell the whole lot to Amtrak and then sold half the 'memorial ground land' for housing ... nobody kicked up a fuss then funnily enough!!

No one kicked up a fuss because the purpose of the venue remained the same (sporting activity), also the ground was never sold to Amtrak and thus was never developed into something else by that company so you have no idea how people would've reacted at the time. I've put these points to you in the past when you used the same argument but you didn't respond, obviously you're a busy man.

Ultimately Rovers and Sainsburys have gone through the courts and have broken no laws in regards to selling the Mem so what's now done is done. If there ever was a legal document stating that the ground could only be used for sporting activities then the Rugby Club are possibly most guilty if it has been lost. I will always think a sports venue is the best Memorial for sportsmen however the Royal British Legion have given the Memorial Garden their blessing so that's a pretty big thumbs up in anything to do with these matters. We're all entitled to our own opinions obviously.

Rovers will have their new ground, our spiritual home is going to be redeveloped into an impressive sporting venue. I imagine that for the first time in a long time most football fans in Bristol are excited about the future for our clubs. No offence but I think ours looks much better, you will disagree...that's the nature of football fans.

ive heard of some scaling back on the extras till after the ground is open and the 3 sides thing i heard was possible if the appeal went on for another 6 months or more....

as for the post above about giving the rugby club there ground back... they will have left and gone and if a covenant was going to be found i believe it would be already found , the rugby chairman at  the time tried to sell the whole lot to Amtrak and then sold half the 'memorial ground land' for housing ... nobody kicked up a fuss then funnily enough!!

im all for the mem staying as a rugby ground if someone wants to pay what sainsburys are offering ... i believe the rugby club have a very wealthy owner who earnt enough in a few hrs last week to buy it for the rugby club if it is that important to Bristol Rugby?

The fact is it suits Rovers to move , Its suits SL and Bristol Rugby to play at Ashton Gate ... a memorail garden and the gates will remain an important place , its sadly a fact of life that things move on , it would be lovely if somethings didnt like the Mem , but lets get realistic here money rules the world and some need to face it that some on here who claim to care so much about the Memorial Ground disrespect the very place by calling it the Minimal ect ... the arguments abut how rovers aquired the stadium ect have been done .. Rovers own it its theres to sell

I actually agree with the Sag. And I think a proper memorial garden will be better than probably the worst 'football league' (if you can call it that) ground in the country. Im a bit gutted that rovers actually got their stadium and we for some reason couldn't (but hey we had a top back up plan), everything they have done has been above board and legal, or they wouldn't have got away with it. From what I've seen in the post they will build the ground as quickly as they can, and all the trimmings may not be finished but they will have enough done for people to watch football in it. Cookie am I right in that your ground will only take a year to build? or is It two?

Something else I found out, UWE will still own the freehold on the ground with Roverzzz taking on an approximate 100 year lease, so you're still rent boys ;-)

Now I thought that AG is now owned by Bristol Sport, so does that mean you are also rent boys?

Most football clubs do not own their own grounds, they are owned by a separate company so in the event of bankruptcy of the football club, the stadium do not form part of its assets.

One thing is for sure. In about 2/3 seasons both clubs will have stadiums fit for the 21st century

I actually agree with the Sag. And I think a proper memorial garden will be better than probably the worst 'football league' (if you can call it that) ground in the country. Im a bit gutted that rovers actually got their stadium and we for some reason couldn't (but hey we had a top back up plan), everything they have done has been above board and legal, or they wouldn't have got away with it. From what I've seen in the post they will build the ground as quickly as they can, and all the trimmings may not be finished but they will have enough done for people to watch football in it. Cookie am I right in that your ground will only take a year to build? or is It two?

Higgs has said the building is planned to take 62 weeks, which explains why they were so keen to avoid delays as unless they are started within the next couple of months, they won't make the start of the 2015/16 season. That would also be bad for Sainsburys. The league don't allow mid-season ground moves and so if they can't move in for August 2015, the supermarket construction start will be delayed by a year.

No one kicked up a fuss because the purpose of the venue remained the same (sporting activity), also the ground was never sold to Amtrak and thus was never developed into something else by that company so you have no idea how people would've reacted at the time. I've put these points to you in the past when you used the same argument but you didn't respond, obviously you're a busy man.

Ultimately Rovers and Sainsburys have gone through the courts and have broken no laws in regards to selling the Mem so what's now done is done. If there ever was a legal document stating that the ground could only be used for sporting activities then the Rugby Club are possibly most guilty if it has been lost. I will always think a sports venue is the best Memorial for sportsmen however the Royal British Legion have given the Memorial Garden their blessing so that's a pretty big thumbs up in anything to do with these matters. We're all entitled to our own opinions obviously.

Rovers will have their new ground, our spiritual home is going to be redeveloped into an impressive sporting venue. I imagine that for the first time in a long time most football fans in Bristol are excited about the future for our clubs. No offence but I think ours looks much better, you will disagree...that's the nature of football fans.

Sorry meant to add reply ... ive always come on here tried to be respectful and honest... with regards the sale of the ground to amtrak.. your right we will never know ... the fact of matter is the rugby club chose to sell the memorial ground for profit (the ground should never been allowed to be sold at all) the rovers deal the training pitch and land by the centenary stand all of ot was for profit and the time for objections should have been then and carried on ... its sad indeed that amother sports ground is going and one with such strong emotional attachments but at least the gates and a new memorial garden will remain as a reminder and all 3 Bristol sports clubs will soon be playing on stadia fit for purpose ... finally the memorial garden and indeed this whole scheme has the backing of the ex bristol players society and the british legion .. they are about the most important people alive today that are due a real say in all this and if its good enough for them then im ok with it all ....

I can see this uwe flat pack stadium going the same way as Stoke or even Oxford. In stokes case theirs was built in about 6 months and never got fitted with all the little bells and whistles that was promised which make a ground a bit more than concrete and corrugated iron. The stadium got old very quickly and maintenance wasn't really kept up until they reached the prem.

Oxford was just a sham and the money ran out as I'm sure most of you are aware.

3 sides to the ground, they just can't let go of the tent can they?

or watch out tax payer, when the begging bowl comes out.

I can see them going to the housing developers down there cap in hand when the money runs out. They will try and convince them they have a better chance of selling their new builds with a fully developed stadium and not just a concrete bowl with no facilities.

It wouldn't surprise me if they are contributing to the cost already.

Sorry meant to add reply ... ive always come on here tried to be respectful and honest... with regards the sale of the ground to amtrak.. your right we will never know ... the fact of matter is the rugby club chose to sell the memorial ground for profit (the ground should never been allowed to be sold at all) the rovers deal the training pitch and land by the centenary stand all of ot was for profit and the time for objections should have been then and carried on ... its sad indeed that amother sports ground is going and one with such strong emotional attachments but at least the gates and a new memorial garden will remain as a reminder and all 3 Bristol sports clubs will soon be playing on stadia fit for purpose ... finally the memorial garden and indeed this whole scheme has the backing of the ex bristol players society and the british legion .. they are about the most important people alive today that are due a real say in all this and if its good enough for them then im ok with it all ....

In fairness to you, you've always voiced a pro AV opinion on here and elsewhere. I'm not anti UWE Stadium, I certainly don't begrudge Rovers getting a new ground....as long as City also progress off the pitch then I'm happy. As I said Rovers went through the correct channels, the law is on their side along with the Royal British Legion so for that I say fair play, I don't see it as desecration of a War Memorial because the Memorial will remain with the blessing of organisations that really matter ie RBL.

IMO in an ideal world, the site wouldve remained as a sports venue of some description (even as something like a velodrome) but unfortunately the only people prepared to stump up the cash for the Mem were Sainsburys. You could argue that Lansdown himself could've bought the Mem although in reality, from his own business perspective, that's massively unrealistic as it makes more sense for the Rugby and the Football to be under one roof. I'm not naive enough to think that Rovers should be held back in their ambitions until someone comes along with a huge amount of cash to fund a sports venue. Difficult to see what else Rovers could've done under the circumstances. What some Gasheads need to understand is that not everyone who voices concerns about selling a War Memorial are 'anti Rovers' or jealous of Rovers getting a new ground.

On the subject of the new ground, whilst I'm not overly impressed with the appearance (I'm obviously biased and I don't expect my opinion to shared by most neutral football fans), I can understand why Rovers want it so badly. I've noticed on Facebook a fair few Gasheads making grand predictions about how the balance of power in Bristol football is changing...City will be left behind etc etc. the thing is, talk is cheap and the pressure is on you, especially as it appears that we will also have a much improved ground plus revenue from the Rugby. You get a new ground, we get our home of 100+ years brought into the 21st Century. No envy here because I genuinely wouldn't swap AG for a carbon copy UWE Stadium, no matter how much some of your fellow fans would love to believe otherwise. Older Gasheads would no doubt feel the same attachment to Eastville.

Let the games begin.

On the subject of the new ground, whilst I'm not overly impressed with the appearance (I'm obviously biased and I don't expect my opinion to shared by most neutral football fans), I can understand why Rovers want it so badly. I've noticed on Facebook a fair few Gasheads making grand predictions about how the balance of power in Bristol football is changing...City will be left behind etc etc. the thing is, talk is cheap and the pressure is on you, especially as it appears that we will also have a much improved ground plus revenue from the Rugby. You get a new ground, we get our home of 100+ years brought into the 21st Century. No envy here because I genuinely wouldn't swap AG for a carbon copy UWE Stadium, no matter how much some of your fellow fans would love to believe otherwise. Older Gasheads would no doubt feel the same attachment to Eastville.

Let the games begin.

Fully agree. I would rather have our spiritual home redeveloped than a new idenkit bowl on the edge of the city.

Plus all this talk of Bristol rovers being the larger club etc, their ground is only due to hold 22,000 until they can prove their is demand for more seats which on recent attendances is a long way off. We meanwhile will be up to 27,000 and the advantage of the groundshare with the rugby to share costs.

Don't think rovers will be catching up with us commercially anytime yet but a little competition never hurt anyone!

as for the post above about giving the rugby club there ground back... they will have left and gone and if a covenant was going to be found i believe it would be already found , the rugby chairman at the time tried to sell the whole lot to Amtrak and then sold half the 'memorial ground land' for housing ... nobody kicked up a fuss then funnily enough!!

You really do have a cheek don't you? The rugby club can have it back if they pay what Sainsburys are offering? So why the hwll didn't you pay the rugby club the same? You stole it and took advantage of their plight at the time. The money you get from the sale will be dirty money money, I hope because of that UWE will be cursed. As for the rest of your story that's complete crap. We been over it many times on here in the past and it's proven your version of events is incorrect. Isn't the former rugby owner now a president or something at your club?

Can you confirm if the naming rights is a direct swap for a 125 year lease? So you get a lease for 125 years and they get naminf rights for 125 years?

Good luck with Laycock, isn't that the guy for us who chose Pulis over Moyes? His time at City was rather forgetable. Level playing field are you having a laugh? We will still be miles ahead of you on and off the pitch. Your ground is rubbish and in the most bizzare location there is. Enjoy your pre match pints at Holiday Inn wont you.

452 posts about a rubbish, soulless, 3 sided stadium on rented ground, in a "bizarre location" near a motorway, railway stations and growing population, that won't get built as they don't have the money. Hmm Rather playing into their hands I think.

Good luck with Laycock, isn't that the guy for us who chose Pulis over Moyes? His time at City was rather forgetable. Level playing field are you having a laugh? We will still be miles ahead of you on and off the pitch. Your ground is rubbish and in the most bizzare location there is. Enjoy your pre match pints at Holiday Inn wont you.

the Bulldog, foxden, goldon bottle, new pub in chiswick village , (the gainsbrough poss re opening as well as the king george, so a few options less than 10mins walk for a drink plus huge bar at the stadium, direct rail link at abbeywood, just off the m32 on the ring rd within walking distance of filton, frenchay, northville, lockleaze, horfield .... a bizarre location? hardly

And by leve lplaying field , i mean a stadium with proper facilities and a chance of off field revenue

Archived