IGNORED

Welcome To Our World...r*vers Jr

Kid in the Riot

the Bulldog, foxden, goldon bottle, new pub in chiswick village , (the gainsbrough poss re opening as well as the king george, so a few options less than 10mins walk for a drink plus huge bar at the stadium, direct rail link at abbeywood, just off the m32 on the ring rd within walking distance of filton, frenchay, northville, lockleaze, horfield .... a bizarre location? hardly

And by leve lplaying field , i mean a stadium with proper facilities and a chance of off field revenue

Only one pub within ten minutes walk of the new ground mentioned there. The train station is further away than Parson street is to AG and very few use that. So I estimate that there will be an awful lot of congestion, a lot of people with long walks and a very sanitised type of football experience to be had by Rovers supporters compared to recent years of attending the Rugby ground. I imagine the South Glos Bowl, to be somewhat like MK, the Ricoh or Reading but smaller. 

With greatest respect despite my name on here I live in lockleaze it rakes me 5mins to walk to abbey wood stn im about 3 mins fron the bottle it rakes 5/6 mins to bulldog same to new ground site and 15 mins tops to foxden... parson st to the gate is about the same as abbeywoid will be to uwe vis the cycle path route

With greatest respect despite my name on here I live in lockleaze it rakes me 5mins to walk to abbey wood stn im about 3 mins fron the bottle it rakes 5/6 mins to bulldog same to new ground site and 15 mins tops to foxden... parson st to the gate is about the same as abbeywoid will be to uwe vis the cycle path route

Unless I'm mistaken the only access into the new stadium will be from the ring road. That is unless there will be unlimited access to all of the UWE site from Chiswick village and surrounding area, which I seriously doubt. Post us a link to the access routes in the travel plans, I seriously am interested.

Unless I'm mistaken the only access into the new stadium will be from the ring road. That is unless there will be unlimited access to all of the UWE site from Chiswick village and surrounding area, which I seriously doubt. Post us a link to the access routes in the travel plans, I seriously am interested.

Only access by car is from the ring road. There will be a pedestrian route through Chiswick Village. Access by bus will be possible via the bus only road that runs past the stadium.

The then chairman (Arthur Holmes) did not sell the training ground, the Memorial stadium company did. This was after the rugby club went into administration and folded, giving the Rovers board the chance to buy the remaining 50% of the shares .

It's perfectly true to say the Memorial Stadium Company sold the training ground, however the option to buy it had already been sold by the rugby club. It was up to the housing firm to decide when or if they wanted to exercise their right to buy.

Only access by car is from the ring road. There will be a pedestrian route through Chiswick Village. Access by bus will be possible via the bus only road that runs past the stadium.

There will be no public parking for fans at chiswick village, (residenta only) so only residents from that new estate will have access, Bus only road passing the stadium from where, Ring road?

Despite the bitching, we can now say that for the first time in decades, both City and the blue few are moving forward off the pitch. In two years time, both will have great stadiums that the population of Bristol can be proud of. Ive no reason to deny Rovers this development providing it wont change the status quo in Bristol.. And with them struggling to stay out of the conference, and a new stadium that will be smaller than pre development ashton gate, i dont think we've got anything to worry about. Heres for a swift return to the championship for bcfc and league 1 for the gas! I think both clubs would be satisfied with that short term!

Despite the bitching, we can now say that for the first time in decades, both City and the blue few are moving forward off the pitch. In two years time, both will have great stadiums that the population of Bristol can be proud of. Ive no reason to deny Rovers this development providing it wont change the status quo in Bristol.. And with them struggling to stay out of the conference, and a new stadium that will be smaller than pre development ashton gate, i dont think we've got anything to worry about. Heres for a swift return to the championship for bcfc and league 1 for the gas! I think both clubs would be satisfied with that short term!

Get back to Korea with your overly reasonable attitude. I hope they'll be happy in their South Glos Bowl.

the Bulldog, foxden, goldon bottle, new pub in chiswick village , (the gainsbrough poss re opening as well as the king george, so a few options less than 10mins walk for a drink plus huge bar at the stadium, direct rail link at abbeywood, just off the m32 on the ring rd within walking distance of filton, frenchay, northville, lockleaze, horfield .... a bizarre location? hardly

And by leve lplaying field , i mean a stadium with proper facilities and a chance of off field revenue

With the greatest respect I can tell you right now none of those pubs are a ten minute walk away. It may look close on a map but I can assure you I have lived in this area all my life, I have walked thise streets near your stadium many times and none of what you mention is within ten minutes walk. I admit I havn't seen any plans but as it is there is only the cycle path which is a bugger and is massive. The king george is miles away from your stadium, it would be an almost half hour walk.

Abbeywood again is at least a 15 minute walk, the problem is you have to walk all the way around the MOD and then over the ramps etc. Frenchey withjn walking distance? Haha yea ok. Even Horfield is pushing it for walking distance and that is onky if you live in the bit close to the stadium, upper horfield and no chance of walking it within a reasonable time same for Filton. Lockleaze you may be able to walk from but only if they open up a path to the stadium by Rodney Road but again you live in the lower part of Lockleaze and it aint gonna be a walk you would likr to do too often.

You keeo telling yourself it's in a brilliant location, typical sag. Truth is it's stuck behind UWE and the MOD, access is very very poor, the ring road is rammed with traffic as it is. None of the pubs you mention are wuthin walking distance. Even Mcdonalds Nandos etc is a 20 minute walk away. Stop looking at the maps and go and walk the routes then try coming on here telling me all the pubs and places are within a ten minute walk. Your deluded.

Only one pub within ten minutes walk of the new ground mentioned there. The train station is further away than Parson street is to AG and very few use that. So I estimate that there will be an awful lot of congestion, a lot of people with long walks and a very sanitised type of football experience to be had by Rovers supporters compared to recent years of attending the Rugby ground. I imagine the South Glos Bowl, to be somewhat like MK, the Ricoh or Reading but smaller.

That's the reality of it. Maps can be deceiving. Out of interest on the training ground at the memorial ground there also used to be a car park, it has always baffled me that instead of building houses there they could have easily fitted a new stadium there so why didn't they?

With the greatest respect I can tell you right now none of those pubs are a ten minute walk away. It may look close on a map but I can assure you I have lived in this area all my life, I have walked thise streets near your stadium many times and none of what you mention is within ten minutes walk. I admit I havn't seen any plans but as it is there is only the cycle path which is a bugger and is massive. The king george is miles away from your stadium, it would be an almost half hour walk.

Abbeywood again is at least a 15 minute walk, the problem is you have to walk all the way around the MOD and then over the ramps etc. Frenchey withjn walking distance? Haha yea ok. Even Horfield is pushing it for walking distance and that is onky if you live in the bit close to the stadium, upper horfield and no chance of walking it within a reasonable time same for Filton. Lockleaze you may be able to walk from but only if they open up a path to the stadium by Rodney Road but again you live in the lower part of Lockleaze and it aint gonna be a walk you would likr to do too often.

You keeo telling yourself it's in a brilliant location, typical sag. Truth is it's stuck behind UWE and the MOD, access is very very poor, the ring road is rammed with traffic as it is. None of the pubs you mention are wuthin walking distance. Even Mcdonalds Nandos etc is a 20 minute walk away. Stop looking at the maps and go and walk the routes then try coming on here telling me all the pubs and places are within a ten minute walk. Your deluded.

Sure your right about the walking distances, this could go two ways, if there are sufficient bars in the new ground then the match day income could be greatly increased, insufficient parking and poor bus routes could have a detrimental effect on attendances.

There's always the student union bar, and UWE may jump on the chance to provide drinking facilities.

For away fans there are the facilities inside the ground or nothing.

Visitors arriving by car from the motorway will see nothing of our fair city.

Sure your right about the walking distances, this could go two ways, if there are sufficient bars in the new ground then the match day income could be greatly increased, insufficient parking and poor bus routes could have a detrimental effect on attendances.

There's always the student union bar, and UWE may jump on the chance to provide drinking facilities.

For away fans there are the facilities inside the ground or nothing.

Visitors arriving by car from the motorway will see nothing of our fair city.

Call me a tradionalist but I would much rather have a pint in the lions etc than drink at a football stadium.

For away fans it will be a dump of a stadium to visit, if you come to AG you can get off the train at BTM and enjoy our City as we are only a few miles down the road from the centre, that always adds a few onto away support at the gate, they wont get that at UWE as there is nothing around there of any interest.

Personally i'm dreading evening games. Being realistic the sags are likely to get around 10k a game, the ring road around by the MOD is a nightmare anyways in the evenings so it's going to be even worse when they have an evening game especially considering the stadium is out of walking distance and poor public transport.

Deluded ... it dont drive my friend i walk all up roiound there 3/4 times a week there are cycle paths and footpaths from bonnington walk/landseer ave, bridge over from northville cycle path from Frenchay and the walk from abbeywood retail park (the maccy d's u mention is 5 mins tops... try going and looking instaed of using google maps as that map is well out of date the access is much improved and will be even more so when chiswick village is complete, you talk of roads being clogged up!! its a football stadium if course it will be , 5- 10k people all leaving an area at once causes this, bedminster is a nightmare on City matchdays, as are most areas arounf football stadiums ... i dont expect you to look for anything other than negatives , but kepp em coming , the fact is this will be a massive improvement on Eastville , Twerton and The Mem

5 minutes maybe if there was a direct path in a straight line. Tell you what next time your on one of your power walks you video it and put it on youtube, then we will know who is right but you wont do that cos you know your wrong.

The point is the area is congested enough, adding a football stadium into it is just madness imo.

Unlike your stadium a lot of City fans do live close by to the ground. This traffic you mention in Bemmy is a myth. I can easily leave the ground at the final whistle walk 5 mins to my car and then be on the portway within 5 mins. Yes there is traffic but it's hardly ever gridlock apart from maybe a sell out but around by our ground there is plenty of places to grab a drink and food etc so the fans arriving is more staggard than it will be at yours.

You think it will be an improvement but if I was you I would rather stay at the memorial ground. Good location with Glos Road nearby, a traditional stadium where you can stand and the pasties as top notch.

Unfortunatly your new stadium will be completely stripped down and built on the cheap and will be a souless bowl and once again you wont even own it! You didn't answer my previous question about the naming rights, to me it looks as if you have swapped the naming rights for 125 years for a lease on the land for 125 years. You got a bum deal there if that's the case. I'm sure UWE will also enjoy the free teaching space on offer that you wont make a penny on!

Call me a tradionalist but I would much rather have a pint in the lions etc than drink at a football stadium.

For away fans it will be a dump of a stadium to visit, if you come to AG you can get off the train at BTM and enjoy our City as we are only a few miles down the road from the centre, that always adds a few onto away support at the gate, they wont get that at UWE as there is nothing around there of any interest.

Personally i'm dreading evening games. Being realistic the sags are likely to get around 10k a game, the ring road around by the MOD is a nightmare anyways in the evenings so it's going to be even worse when they have an evening game especially considering the stadium is out of walking distance and poor public transport.

My god dont you go on, just rambling/shouting nonsense for the sake of an arguement..

There are gonna be pro's and cons for every new stadium.. I'm thinking Ashton Gate is your plan b is it not? I would of loved to have built our new stadium outside the hippodrome next to the waterfront so the away fans can really enjoy themselves.. Don't think they would let us do it though. Shame really..

I look forward to your next post where you write exactly the same post but change the words a bit..

5 minutes maybe if there was a direct path in a straight line. Tell you what next time your on one of your power walks you video it and put it on youtube, then we will know who is right but you wont do that cos you know your wrong.

The point is the area is congested enough, adding a football stadium into it is just madness imo.

Unlike your stadium a lot of City fans do live close by to the ground. This traffic you mention in Bemmy is a myth. .

No it's not..

Traffic is horrendous on match days.

Have you not seen the traffic coming towards the cross hands/miners from bishopsworth/ bedminster down areas???

Unlike your stadium a lot of City fans do live close by to the ground. This traffic you mention in Bemmy is a myth. I can easily leave the ground at the final whistle walk 5 mins to my car and then be on the portway within 5 mins. Yes there is traffic but it's hardly ever gridlock apart from maybe a sell out but around by our ground there is plenty of places to grab a drink and food etc so the fans arriving is more staggard than it will be at yours.

ok mate , if it suits you your right despite you living elsewher and driving everywhere ,and yes there are ways and means of leaving Ashton gate quickly , you say bemmy isnt busy then go on to say you dont drive that way ..!!!! if you live in North Somerset or out off the portway Ashton gate is great for access the other ways not so good, but thats football traffic for you.... The area around MOD is congested... weekday rush hours especially but 1 oclock on a saturday its okay... now tell me when are most football games held? oh yeah saturdays !!... the 3/4 evening fixtures will be different kettle of fish but even then its ok around 7 ish... im guessing from your name on here you live in Patchway.... drive down that way next saturday about half 1 you'll find its free flowing bar the filton airfield bit! and thats nearer you than the UWE

And basically you wont be going near it bar once a year at best so why worry your little head about it, you've a nice redevelopment of AG to look forward to , it looks a good plan , enjoy it instead of getting all worried about little ol rovers and there traffic congestion and drinking venues

And basically you wont be going near it bar once a year at best so why worry your little head about it, you've a nice redevelopment of AG to look forward to , it looks a good plan , enjoy it instead of getting all worried about little ol rovers and there traffic congestion and drinking venues

Talking about plans, i think I've asked previously - do Roverzzz have one? Aside from building a new stadium and hoping for the best? ie Academy, training facilities etc??

Despite what the Nick Griffin lookalike says, you'll move to UWE with debt and if the team remains shite and the crowds don't come then in a larger stadium with higher maintenance and running costs the debt will continue to rise...

You think it will be an improvement but if I was you I would rather stay at the memorial ground. Good location with Glos Road nearby, a traditional stadium where you can stand and the pasties as top notch.

Unfortunatly your new stadium will be completely stripped down and built on the cheap and will be a souless bowl and once again you wont even own it! You didn't answer my previous question about the naming rights, to me it looks as if you have swapped the naming rights for 125 years for a lease on the land for 125 years. You got a bum deal there if that's the case. I'm sure UWE will also enjoy the free teaching space on offer that you wont make a penny on!

oh no... the pasites!!!! your right , what are we thinking off.... 

oh yeah we can still sell those at UWE!!

The Mem is a tip and traffic there is ten times worse you are a just contradicting yourself

let it go

Talking about plans, i think I've asked previously - do Roverzzz have one? Aside from building a new stadium and hoping for the best? ie Academy, training facilities etc??

Despite what the Nick Griffin lookalike says, you'll move to UWE with debt and if the team remains shite and the crowds don't come then in a larger stadium with higher maintenance and running costs the debt will continue to rise...

that what worries Me KITR

will prob be same old same old, but we can but hope!!

at least with this stadium someone else might show some interest

God someone got out of bed the wrong side this morning! Touched a nerve have I? Anyways you still havn't answered my question, Have you swapped the naming rights for 125 years for a lease of the land for 125 years? Estimates I've read on here value the land at 8 million, spread over 125 years that's 64k a year roughly and you wont ever see a penny of that.

God someone got out of bed the wrong side this morning! Touched a nerve have I? Anyways you still havn't answered my question, Have you swapped the naming rights for 125 years for a lease of the land for 125 years? Estimates I've read on here value the land at 8 million, spread over 125 years that's 64k a year roughly and you wont ever see a penny of that.

i dont know the answer ... thats why i havent answered.. no nerve touched my friend... now u'd best get going from pathway that traffics horrendous on the ring road!! ;)

edit

appears your answer has been given by KITR

I think it's a good move by rovers, personally.

I'd doubt the naming rights would extent to a set in stone 125 years. There would be some kind of review/re negotiation date or clause I'd imagine.

The point is though, roverz couldn't have done it any other way; they have no money to buy land. The sainsbury money doesn't even cover thre build cost.

Regards to location, I think there are pros and cons. Glos road was a really good location, but I think the uwe will grow into something quite decent after a decade or so. Remember there is a link road about to be built from the eastern end of parkway down to the ring road near the m32, which will improve congestion as it will allow much of the traffic from the station or the business parks to bypass the abbeywood/uwe part of the ring road.

I gotta be honest I'm actually happy for them, and glad trash got trashed.

Il look forward to us visiting the south glos bowl one day to see city humiliate them.

EDIT: just seen the naming rights have already been clarified above.

To be fair, I've never had a problem going to or leaving AG on a match day, and I've lived away from Bristol or WOT or Longwell Green. Then again, I do tend to get around the ground early and the biggest crowds have been 19k or so in recent years, if we ever fill the redeveloped stadium it may well be different.

I am in a similar situation and hopefully the reopened railway (if it ever happens!) will help greatly. Brighton have limited traffic issues surrounding the Amex due to the great incorporation with the local station.

Deluded ?... it dont drive my friend i walk all up around there 3/4 times a week there are cycle paths and footpaths from bonnington walk/landseer ave, bridge over from northville,cycle path from Frenchay and the walk from abbeywood retail park (the maccy d's u mention is 5 mins tops... try going and looking insteda of using google maps as that map is well out of date the access is much improved and will be even more so when chiswick village and the stadium is complete, you talk of roads being clogged up!! its a football stadium if course it will be , 5- 10k people all leaving an area at once causes this, bedminster is a nightmare on City matchdays, as are most areas arounf football stadiums  ... i dont expect you to look for anything other than negatives , but keep em coming , the fact is this will be a massive improvement on Eastville , Twerton and The Mem

You've highlighted my post in your statement, as if you intend to tackle one, or maybe some of the points but, you've not actually addressed a single point. Why did you highlight it? Was it to pretend that you'd addressed the thorny issue of your club stealing the Rugby ground and shafting the only professional rugby club that represents Bristol, if not, why highlight it? I'd say it's because the truth hurts and you have no answers, so you ignore the truth and spin a load of shyte tales to confuse the issue.

Archived