IGNORED

Welcome To Our World...r*vers Jr

Kid in the Riot

Rich, on 03 Apr 2014 - 12:33 AM, said:snapback.png

Ok , ive done my best to source the facts and figures of deal done to sell the training ground land , and the sale of the mem ... i cant find a thing,

i, ll endevour to find out but doesnt seem alot on the net

AS previously stated ... nobody forced BRistol RFC to sell anything , the entered a deal that both parties accepted , when rovers took sole ownership of the mem the training ground had already been sold (im unaware as to if it was before the 50/50 deal , but was aroound that time)

if this is untrue please feel free to furnish me with proof and links to that proof? i genuinely am going buy how i remember it but life was hazy between the late 80,s and 2005 for me :drunk2:

Not forced but they hardly had a choice did they? Sell the ground and remain tennents or go bust. I'm just annoyed that you picked up the ground for peanuts and now you are selling it for 20 odd million. It's dirty money in my book as you stole the ground. You may remember what you did with Bris you also tried doing with us in 82! Your club is a rotten club and will steal and cheat as it suits you. Remember before the 2nd leg where you called a game off on the saturday, despite the rain you failed to cover up the pitch and in fact you even had the sprinklers on the pitch! Cheats!

Not forced but they hardly had a choice did they? Sell the ground and remain tennents or go bust. I'm just annoyed that you picked up the ground for peanuts and now you are selling it for 20 odd million. It's dirty money in my book as you stole the ground. You may remember what you did with Bris you also tried doing with us in 82! Your club is a rotten club and will steal and cheat as it suits you. Remember before the 2nd leg where you called a game off on the saturday, despite the rain you failed to cover up the pitch and in fact you even had the sprinklers on the pitch! Cheats!

Remember, only one of Bristols two professional football clubs has gone bust, written off debts for loads of local businesses leaving them in desperate hardship or going bust themselves.

Clue: it wasn't the Gas (who have always honoured all of their debts).

Edit: on the subject on discounted land values - was the Council-owned land at Ashton Vale sold to City for them to build their new stadium on sold at a fair price for the Bristol taxpayer?

Anyway, why all the vitriol? You're getting AG spruced up into a nice little bowl, we're getting the SGB (South Glos Bowl). Everyone's happy. Right?

Good luck to you at a revamped Gate, I hope we can play each other in front of two 20k + crowds in the Championship in the not too distant future :)

By the way KITR, most of what you say is accurate, but the 8 million believe it or not is not including the car park. Rovers will pay for that, and let UWE have it for nowt. The only stipulation is that we have full use of it on match days or concert days, and we keep all the revenue pertaining to those events.

This will then enable further developments to be carried out by UWE on part of their existing car park.

Yep, I know - same with the teaching space I think. As I've said before Roverzzz take all non-matchday revenue from the stadium, which is also a good deal - considering they had nothing to start with!

Forget about the 125 year lease - the lifetime of the stadium will only be 50-60 years, then need redeveloping/rebuilding.

Reading between the lines of the statement on bristolrovers.co.uk I would say that the new ground at UWE is a lot further away than most gasheads would hope...

"We now have to assess the financial impact this delay has had on the Stadium project and do what we can to minimise the effect of these losses."

GasStatement

I wish them well; but a lot of their projects seem to have fallen by the wayside for various financial reasons in the past.

FOTUWETCIO

Cider jar, I was at the site today. It took me 12 minutes to get to it from the Mem. Yes, I actually clocked it. And that included a hold up of a couple of minutes when two buses got jammed up in Filton Avenue.

Of course I was driving, don't know how long it would be to walk, but not more than 30-40 mins I would suggest. But luckily, there s plenty of public transport that goes between the two. There is buses every few minutes, so no problem there.

Really? Higgs in the Bristol Post today :

Working backwards from the start of the new season in 2015, the build-time for the new stadium is 62 weeks. This means all the contracts must be signed off and construction workers on site by the end of May at the latest.

You believe what Higgs says?

Deary me. No chance of building work starting as early as May, so I've heard.

You believe what Higgs says?

Deary me. No chance of building work starting as early as May, so I've heard.

Well let's see shall we. He knows more about construction than me so I'll be waiting to see when the diggers roll on site.

If it's delayed it's delayed. I know the FL rules are that clubs aren't meant to move mid season but if it's only a few weeks late (2 or 3 home games into a season) I wonder if the League could give special dispensation?

Yep, I know - same with the teaching space I think. As I've said before Roverzzz take all non-matchday revenue from the stadium, which is also a good deal - considering they had nothing to start with!

Forget about the 125 year lease - the lifetime of the stadium will only be 50-60 years, then need redeveloping/rebuilding.

50-60 years????

Wouldn't last 5 minutes after the FGR nutters get in there :boxing:

Well let's see shall we. He knows more about construction than me so I'll be waiting to see when the diggers roll on site.

If it's delayed it's delayed. I know the FL rules are that clubs aren't meant to move mid season but if it's only a few weeks late (2 or 3 home games into a season) I wonder if the League could give special dispensation?

Well I hope a proper survey has been done on the sinkhole problem in the frome valley delta, or you might find yourselves playing your football 20,000 leauges under the sea.

Haha Jelous of the sags? Never in my life have I laughed so much. When I was a youngster tge 1st ever game I attended was a Rovers game due to being given free tickets but it just didn't do it for me, a few weeks later and I was taken to a City game, instantly I caught the bug despite being from north of the river. I find Rovers suffer from small club syndrome and like wise your fans all suffer from small dick syndrome.

I find your club and your fanbase vile and disgusting, I can give you many reasons for this if you wish?

You keep telling yourself your stadium is in a brilliant location (keep telling yourself you got a massive dick too) but the truth is your getting a shitty concreate bowl in a location that is a 20 min walk from anywhere. I would much rather be at Ashton Gate with all the traditional pubs very nearby instead of having to walk 20 mins to a Holiday Inn. Oh and as already pointed out Parson Street is less of a walk than Abbeywood. Your Stadium will be hidden behind UWE and the MOD, best place for it imo.

I think your the jealous one because SL chose to invest in us rather than yourselves.

Do you not feel slightly bad that you stole a ground off the rugby club and will now be using that to part fund your new stadium?But saying that I doubt even the rugby club are bothard now considering they are owned by a billionaire and are about to move to the largest and only sports stadium in Bristol.

These new houses you speak of? Considering it's not a council estate they are building then these well off well educated residents are hardly gonna choose to follow one of the worst teams in the entire football league with no morals with a very poor track record for welcoming families.

I think you will see a surge in attendences to start with, all clubs do but you certainly wont do a Reading etc. It takes more than a new stadium to achieve that.

No one has yet explained how you will be debt free and making money from this yet?

I remember hearing all this noise when you was going to redevelop the Memorial Ground, everything was all set to go ahead, contracts had been signed to move to Cheltenham, season tickets even went on sale and the ground was never touched. The fat lady hasn't started singing just yet.

How confident are you that Sainsburys still want to go theough with the deal? A lot has changed in the retail word since the deal was agreed and the big supermarkets are becoming more of a rariety. You may well be aware that Sainsburys already have a store close to the site of your proposed stadium, it's what a ten min drive down Filton Ave to the prosed site of the new store? Considering the way retail is at the moment they may think it's not really necessary to build one so close to an exisiting store.

As a City fan, of course you will prefer Ashton Gate just as Rovers fans will prefer UWE. Both sets of supporters should be happy, I don't understand why the UWE site provokes such a lively response from you. A neutral observer might think you were worried by it for some reason. To regard an entire fan base as "vile and disgusting", is no more logical than disliking all people of a different nationality or religion.

Sainsbury's have already signed legally binding contracts to acquire the Mem. They will make an awful lot of money in the BS7 area, which is why they are willing to pay a premium for the site.

Just to buck the trend slightly, I for one will be popping the champagne corks when Rovers move into their new stadium outside of the City if Bristol, as we will finally be rid of them for good.

I can't wait.

Everyone knows there is truly OTIB, but soon it comes official, I can't wait for the day they move out of our fine city

Archived