IGNORED

Welcome To Our World...r*vers Jr

Kid in the Riot

Haha Jelous of the sags? Never in my life have I laughed so much. When I was a youngster tge 1st ever game I attended was a Rovers game due to being given free tickets but it just didn't do it for me, a few weeks later and I was taken to a City game, instantly I caught the bug despite being from north of the river. I find Rovers suffer from small club syndrome and like wise your fans all suffer from small dick syndrome.

I find your club and your fanbase vile and disgusting, I can give you many reasons for this if you wish?

You keep telling yourself your stadium is in a brilliant location (keep telling yourself you got a massive dick too) but the truth is your getting a shitty concreate bowl in a location that is a 20 min walk from anywhere. I would much rather be at Ashton Gate with all the traditional pubs very nearby instead of having to walk 20 mins to a Holiday Inn. Oh and as already pointed out Parson Street is less of a walk than Abbeywood. Your Stadium will be hidden behind UWE and the MOD, best place for it imo.

I think your the jealous one because SL chose to invest in us rather than yourselves.

Do you not feel slightly bad that you stole a ground off the rugby club and will now be using that to part fund your new stadium?But saying that I doubt even the rugby club are bothard now considering they are owned by a billionaire and are about to move to the largest and only sports stadium in Bristol.

These new houses you speak of? Considering it's not a council estate they are building then these well off well educated residents are hardly gonna choose to follow one of the worst teams in the entire football league with no morals with a very poor track record for welcoming families.

I think you will see a surge in attendences to start with, all clubs do but you certainly wont do a Reading etc. It takes more than a new stadium to achieve that.

No one has yet explained how you will be debt free and making money from this yet?

I remember hearing all this noise when you was going to redevelop the Memorial Ground, everything was all set to go ahead, contracts had been signed to move to Cheltenham, season tickets even went on sale and the ground was never touched. The fat lady hasn't started singing just yet.

How confident are you that Sainsburys still want to go theough with the deal? A lot has changed in the retail word since the deal was agreed and the big supermarkets are becoming more of a rariety. You may well be aware that Sainsburys already have a store close to the site of your proposed stadium, it's what a ten min drive down Filton Ave to the prosed site of the new store? Considering the way retail is at the moment they may think it's not really necessary to build one so close to an exisiting store.

thats the salient point-the Rovers are thinking the new stadium will in a few years propel them into the top flight but its not fresh bricks and mortar that do it-its the drive,ambition and more importantly knowledge/having the correct FOOTBALL people in place to push on....  

• Admin

I remember hearing all this noise when you was going to redevelop the Memorial Ground, everything was all set to go ahead, contracts had been signed to move to Cheltenham, season tickets even went on sale and the ground was never touched.

Blimey I had forgotten about that fiasco!

Let's cut the crap, the rugby club were in trouble and you took advantage of that to gain ownership of the site. Didn't you also try and do the same to us in 82? So you have form for it. Dunford then pocketed the money from the housing. Remember around the same time you sold some players for high value and Dunford put that into his bank account also.

Let's cut the crap, the rugby club were in trouble and you took advantage of that to gain ownership of the site. Didn't you also try and do the same to us in 82? So you have form for it. Dunford then pocketed the money from the housing. Remember around the same time you sold some players for high value and Dunford put that into his bank account also.

The rugby club invited us to be tenants because they needed the money. They would have gone into administration and lost the ground whether Rovers were there or not. In 1982 an offer was made for Ashton Gate to the receivers by a member of the Rovers board. The offer was rejected by the receivers and one from the new board of the reformed club accepted. I wouldn't have thought that making an offer for a football ground when you don't own one of your own was particularly reprehensible. Certainly no worse than leaving unpaid debts and torn up contracts.

I do hope you have some facts to back up your comments about housing money and transfer income. If you are suggesting that he did anything illegal, Mr Dunford does have form for involving solicitors.

The rugby club invited us to be tenants because they needed the money. They would have gone into administration and lost the ground whether Rovers were there or not. In 1982 an offer was made for Ashton Gate to the receivers by a member of the Rovers board. The offer was rejected by the receivers and one from the new board of the reformed club accepted. I wouldn't have thought that making an offer for a football ground when you don't own one of your own was particularly reprehensible. Certainly no worse than leaving unpaid debts and torn up contracts.

I do hope you have some facts to back up your comments about housing money and transfer income. If you are suggesting that he did anything illegal, Mr Dunford does have form for involving solicitors.

hahaha threatening me with solicitors oh dear how sad. Just going by what your own fans have said.

hahaha threatening me with solicitors oh dear how sad. Just going by what your own fans have said.

I'm not threatening you with anything. I'm just pointing out that a number of Rovers fans have found themselves in an inconvenient position when making allegations they couldn't substantiate, even when doing so on a theoretically anonymous forum. I doubt that Geoff Dunford reads this forum anyway.

• Admin

I'm not threatening you with anything. I'm just pointing out that a number of Rovers fans have found themselves in an inconvenient position when making allegations they couldn't substantiate, even when doing so on a theoretically anonymous forum. I doubt that Geoff Dunford reads this forum anyway.

Perhaps we will find out the truth now.....

If there are libelous comments in this thread am sure going on the previous track record you talk about Mr D will soon be in touch?

But if he doesn't ?????

Archived