IGNORED

Welcome To Our World...r*vers Jr

Kid in the Riot

delaying the enevitable... as nimbys do...

make no mistake Sainsburys and the UWE are happening

The appeal is to the same judge... do u think he will say  oh yeah i got it wrong...

he will chuck it out then its 14 days to appeal to the court of appeal and then they will throw it out even if it goes that far!

building work wasnt due to start till 1st week of june at best... prep work /ground clearence has already started.

Im more worried about winning a game or 2 to be honest! :fear:

The greens have pulled out ... leaving 4 local people and some cash from co op or tesco

The appeal is to the same judge... do u think he will say  oh yeah i got it wrong...

he will chuck it out then its 14 days to appeal to the court of appeal and then they will throw it out even if it goes that far!

building work wasnt due to start till 1st week of june at best... prep work /ground clearence has already started.

The greens have pulled out ... leaving 4 local people and some cash from co op or tesco

You will need to if you want to make the play offs.

it will go though via the court of appeal because the legal profession hasn't finished milking money out of the process yet

it will go though via the court of appeal because the legal profession hasn't finished milking money out of the process yet

agree to a point... they can only take the money thats in the pot though...... the big question is how much is in the pot and who put it in there ... my money is on Co-Op (big mentions in the JR ) Tesco (in their interest) and possibly Bristol Uni ( high up employee started a petition for the Memorial) and it effects them if UWE get better facilities

agree to a point... they can only take the money thats in the pot though...... the big question is how much is in the pot and who put it in there ... my money is on Co-Op (big mentions in the JR ) Tesco (in their interest) and possibly Bristol Uni ( high up employee started a petition for the Memorial) and it effects them if UWE get better facilities

and if those 3 supermarkets are behind it you can bet it will go on for a long time yet, all have more money then Rovers

and if those 3 supermarkets are behind it you can bet it will go on for a long time yet, all have more money then Rovers

ITs delays that cost rovers as such not anymore Lawyers or legal bills this is nimbys v's the courts now ... if they are turned down at the court of appeal thats its . As as soon as 2 courts ( high court and court of appeal) turn it down legally you cant appeal anymore (according to Trash's own laywers website)

The judge from the JR could turn it down on Friday or up to 7 days ... then it could be as little as 14 days after that before its all over ....

Big IFS but none of this was unexpected ( by me anyway) NIMBYS do this its how they work ... but they rarely win

they have no ground to appeal imo

Yeh, they're just going through the motions. Once this gets rejected, expect an appeal to be made....i forget how many times they can keep pushing it back. Ours is still ongoing. If they think this is bad, wait until the hearing's get delayed for several months due to "child care arrangements".

ITs delays that cost rovers as such not anymore Lawyers or legal bills this is nimbys v's the courts now ... if they are turned down at the court of appeal thats its . As as soon as 2 courts ( high court and court of appeal) turn it down legally you cant appeal anymore (according to Trash's own laywers website)

The judge from the JR could turn it down on Friday or up to 7 days ... then it could be as little as 14 days after that before its all over ....

Big IFS but none of this was unexpected ( by me anyway) NIMBYS do this its how they work ... but they rarely win

they'd find away, Money always does

If Rovers getting their stadium sees Tesco out of pocket and with egg on their faces then I'm all for it!! Regardless of the rivalry there is room for two sporting arenas in the area (one in Bristol and one in South Glos obviously). And I'm positive that something will get built at Ashton Vale eventually - whether it's a ground for us, who knows?

If Rovers getting their stadium sees Tesco out of pocket and with egg on their faces then I'm all for it!! Regardless of the rivalry there is room for two sporting arenas in the area (one in Bristol and one in South Glos obviously). And I'm positive that something will get built at Ashton Vale eventually - whether it's a ground for us, who knows?

They'll be house on AV by 2016, that was all about not having a stadium and nothing to do with protecting green belt

They'll be house on AV by 2016, that was all about not having a stadium and nothing to do with protecting green belt

But if the Village Green thing gets overturned, we go back in for planning at some stage, and it goes through again they will be stuffed. If that's what Lansdown wants to do obviously. I'd build a sewage plant there myself or perhaps open it back up as a landfill site.

• Admin

Out of interest how high can they go with these appeals?

With both developments, we've seen and heard this all before -waiting for the first brick to be laid

Out of interest how high can they go with these appeals?

With both developments, we've seen and heard this all before -waiting for the first brick to be laid

If the judge and court of appeal turn them down thats it, it can't go any further,

one disagrees and the appeal goes through it can go up to the supreme court I think

If the judge and court of appeal turn them down thats it, it can't go any further,

one disagrees and the appeal goes through it can go up to the supreme court I think

yep... spot on ...

will take some u turn from the JR judge to give them much chance

so far BCC Planning said yes build it, judge pickles at the high court said yep nowt wrong ... carry on and build.... then Judge higgingbottom said ill take a look at this for JR... then took less than 2 mins to throw said JR out and say yep carry on and build it

now they are hoping he will change his mind (7days maximum wait & not a chance , just read the full JR , he all but called TRASH timewasters)

so there final chance will be an appeal to the court of appeal who have up to 21days to decide  ..IF they so no then its all over

It's the same judge too, so in a sense it gets personal - they are questioning his original decision.  Therefore I see this as no more than a final f** y** by the opposition and this time next week it'll have been kicked to touch.

It's the same judge too, so in a sense it gets personal - they are questioning his original decision.  Therefore I see this as no more than a final f** y** by the opposition and this time next week it'll have been kicked to touch.

it won't be when it goes to the court of appeal, it will be a different judge,

back to the orginal judge first who will turn them down

then to a different judge at the court of appeal if that one turns them down it goes ahead if he finds that Trash have a valid arguement then it can go to supreme court,

its a limited company thats appeal so the only loser is the Bristol Tax Payer

Reading some of the comments on this thread --- I am bitterly disappointed some of you are so ******g jealous of what Rovers have achieved. I am one of the few that attend both grounds and in my honest opinion Rovers have had to put up with more shit than City over the 50+ years I have been watching. For gods sake it can only be for the good of Bristol they have won this battle and now hopefully Lansdown will get his act together and do likewise.

And for those fans that think having the Rugby sharing their facilities is a good thing well I can tell you it ain't.

Why? I often hear this argument put forward but I can't think for the life of me why it will be for the good of Bristol. Explain.

It's generally thought to be Coop as was lots of references to them in the JR. They have form for it too, did it to Sainsbury's application in Portishead

Archived