IGNORED

Welcome To Our World...r*vers Jr

Kid in the Riot

Good luck to Rovers. I want to see this built. For the benefit of Bristol South Gloucestershire as a whole and an end to JRs.

My only regret is we didn't fight as hard for AV. Club did their upmost. That twonk Ferguson didn't back AV even though he said he would (shock a politician who says one thing and does another). Too busy worrying about cars and putting people out of work. God I hate that guy.

Just got that one for you...

They will get the same amount of support from me as they gave us over av, childish I known, but the sheer eruption of ecstasy, gloating sneering and name calling from their fan base when av went pear shaped was truly nauseating and I for one will neverf forget it ! of course now they've got their own problems it's, " football fans should unite against the green, our new stadium is desperately needed by the city of Bristol ( ours wasn't of course ) out of 5 major local sporting clubs, bath rfc, Bristol rfc, Gloucestershire ccc Somerset ccc, and Bristol rovers afc, four of them publicaly supported our plans for a new stadium, guess which club did not ? now some gas heads have even got the nerve to claim that anybody who cares about Bristol sport must back their application ! the sheer nerve of this nasty hypocritical club and their nasty hypocritical fans never ceases to amaze me ! hope they loose the judgement and go bust ! which is exactly what the vast majority of them would wish for us !

They will get the same amount of support from me as they gave us over av, childish I known, but the sheer eruption of ecstasy, gloating sneering and name calling from their fan base when av went pear shaped was truly nauseating and I for one will neverf forget it ! of course now they've got their own problems it's, " football fans should unite against the green, our new stadium is desperately needed by the city of Bristol ( ours wasn't of course ) out of 5 major local sporting clubs, bath rfc, Bristol rfc, Gloucestershire ccc Somerset ccc, and Bristol rovers afc, four of them publicaly supported our plans for a new stadium, guess which club did not ? now some gas heads have even got the nerve to claim that anybody who cares about Bristol sport must back their application ! the sheer nerve of this nasty hypocritical club and their nasty hypocritical fans never ceases to amaze me ! hope they loose the judgement and go bust ! which is exactly what the vast majority of them would wish for us !

Pretty much fair comment.

I was speaking to Steve Lansdown about the UWE bowl going tits up and he was grinning like a Cheshire cat.

Also their failure to back the world cup bid.

Bang on,    f--k 'em

our new stadium is desperately needed by the city of Bristol ( ours wasn't of course ) out of 5 major local sporting clubs, bath rfc, Bristol rfc, Gloucestershire ccc Somerset ccc, and Bristol rovers afc, four of them publicaly supported our plans for a new stadium, guess which club did not ? now some gas heads have even got the nerve to claim that anybody who cares about Bristol sport must back their application

I think the Football Club themselves showed neither support or opposition towards AV which is probably what you would expect to be fair, given that they are in direct rivalry with us (unlike the cricket clubs for example).

If the tables were turned and we were a mid table league 1 club playing in a Rugby ground and Rovers had recently been on the brink of the Premiership, I wouldn't expect City to actively show support for anything that would potentially put our nearest neighbours even further ahead of us on and off the field, I include the World Cup bid in that.

I've stated my personal view on the War Memorial aspect of this situation in the past, so I'll leave it at that.

Well said Mr Tim.

Fully in agreement on this one tim, well said. :clapping:

Early doors, but it's beginning to sound like a BCC administrative failure could de-rail yet another stadium.

Lunch break, and it is sounding a bit more positive (depending on your preferred outcome!). Judge has pulled up the TRASH barrister on a couple of occasions, apparently he's not looking overly convinced by their case so far.

Bloody well hope so. Traffic is gonna be a nightmare if their stadium is built. It's bad enough as it is.

As by the time it's built there support will have dwindled even less I can't imagine it creating that much extra traffic. In fact it may improve things around the area as people will avoid it lest they get tarred as a rovers fan!

:clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:

Gas heads now moaning on about a tiny minority of selfish people ruining it for the majority ! these are the same people who lauded the av 22 as heroes, and vociferously defended their " Democratic right " to thrawt our plans, as always from the family club, total and utter hypocrisy !

I for one am hoping they get the stadium. If it means we can both eventually be challenging for and in the championship and beyond, its time for Bristol football to get into the 21st century. Am I right in thinking the JR period for the original plans is over with next week? If so could be a massive week for Bristol football on the whole!

Let's also not forget that a solicitor based in Queen Square who acts for BRFC, actually made FOI requests in order to give any help he could to those opposing AV. Whether that was an individual act or he was acting for BRFC is not known. The gas friendly Post tried to integrate them into the WC/ stadium support, by printing statements by former gas staff and supporters. BRFC were against AV because they'd have been leaft behind, so did their utmost to hinder it.  So I'm with Tim on this.

I for one am hoping they get the stadium. If it means we can both eventually be challenging for and in the championship and beyond, its time for Bristol football to get into the 21st century. Am I right in thinking the JR period for the original plans is over with next week? If so could be a massive week for Bristol football on the whole!

Excellent post. The sort of reply I would expect from most level headed true Bristol football supporters.

Archived