IGNORED

Welcome To Our World...r*vers Jr

Kid in the Riot

Excellent post. The sort of reply I would expect from most level headed true Bristol football supporters.

I can't talk for anyone else on here but I personally don't give a toss about 'Bristol Football' or both clubs competing at the highest level. I only want Bristol City to do well. Does that make me a bad supporter?

I can't talk for anyone else on here but I personally don't give a toss about 'Bristol Football' or both clubs competing at the highest level. I only want Bristol City to do well. Does that make me a bad supporter?

No, That makes you a Bristol City fan. Anything to do with any other club is irrelevant. What it says for you as a Bristol resident is another point, bt you can have you r point heard at local elections - that don't mean you have to fight on the Rovers' behalf.

Judge will give his decision at 2 p.m. next Thursday. :fingerscrossed:

I'm hoping that KITR might have some inside information before then! ;)

Doubtful, I can't read the judge's mind!

I think the judge announcing he'll have a decision ready within a week is another little indication that he'll be chucking TRASH's case out though.

Doubtful, I can't read the judge's mind!

I think the judge announcing he'll have a decision ready within a week is another little indication that he'll be chucking TRASH's case out though.

That was my take on it as well.

When he says he'll announce his decision next thursday, it doesn't necessarily mean he'll be mulling it over until then, as some of the blue bunch seem to have presumed.

Judges are very busy people with full diaries.

I'd think it much more sensible to assume that he's already come to a decision, just needs to find a bit of time to write it up and a suitable gap in his diary to be able to announce it...ie next thursday at 2pm.

Could be wrong but.

Pretty much fair comment.

I was speaking to Steve Lansdown about the UWE bowl going tits up and he was grinning like a Cheshire cat.

Not really surprising is it...

"Nobody will talk of bristol rovers anymore"..

That didnt really go to plan did it???

That was my take on it as well.

When he says he'll announce his decision next thursday, it doesn't necessarily mean he'll be mulling it over until then, as some of the blue bunch seem to have presumed.

Judges are very busy people with full diaries.

I'd think it much more sensible to assume that he's already come to a decision, just needs to find a bit of time to write it up and a suitable gap in his diary to be able to announce it...ie next thursday at 2pm.

Could be wrong but.

Oh yeah, he certainly will already know which way he's going.

Apparently TRASH brief took 5 hours yesterday and the Council's defence just 1.

Assuming the judge goes in the Council's favour then the big question is: will he allow TRASH the right to go to the Court of Appeal?

If he does allow an appeal, I fancy TRASH will take it and that is just as bad news for Roverzzz as it means further delay.

Oh yeah, he certainly will already know which way he's going.

Apparently TRASH brief took 5 hours yesterday and the Council's defence just 1.

Assuming the judge goes in the Council's favour then the big question is: will he allow TRASH the right to go to the Court of Appeal?

If he does allow an appeal, I fancy TRASH will take it and that is just as bad news for Roverzzz as it means further delay.

Surely an appeal would cost them more money that they don't have?

One of the main bits of TRASH's claim was about a 12% Loss of custom for Co OP Ltd .... so much for caring about the independent traders but possibly a big clue as to where the funding has come from so far... it sounded like a ... and now a word from our sponsors...

Yeah I have a feeling they would take any option for appeal as well.

Be hard for the dog to let go of the bone when so much has already been invested in it and as we already know from our own experience things are never set in stone.

They might have questions to answer from the traders and residents who had already donated if they didn't.

On the other hand an appeal would likely coincide with the local elections, so the likes of Radice might not be willing to risk it.

Surely an appeal would cost them more money that they don't have?

They would risk incurring the Council's costs as well. They've come this far though and I'm sure they'd take it further.

Their arguments look weak to me though, really wouldn't surprise me if it was a failed case, no right to appeal and you have to pay the Council's costs! Then they'd be stuffed.

Not really surprising is it...

"Nobody will talk of bristol rovers anymore"..

That didnt really go to plan did it???

I believe that nobody would talk of Bristol Rovers anymore primarily because you'd renamed yourselves Barcelona of League Two. Ironically that didn't go to plan either.

Yeah I have a feeling they would take any option for appeal as well.

Be hard for the dog to let go of the bone when so much has already been invested in it and as we already know from our own experience things are never set in stone.

They might have questions to answer from the traders and residents who had already donated if they didn't.

On the other hand an appeal would likely coincide with the local elections, so the likes of Radice might not be willing to risk it.

Think they're already burned their bridges !!

I believe that nobody would talk of Bristol Rovers anymore primarily because you'd renamed yourselves Barcelona of League Two. Ironically that didn't go to plan either.

Dont worry Fred, you too can become the new Barca of L2 next season....

Dont worry Fred, you too can become the new Barca of L2 next season....

I prefer the reality, which will be Bristol City of League One. It is the equivalent of the real Barcelona playing in League Two in terms of size and status though, I'm sure you'll agree.

Good luck in your quest to avoid relegation to non-league football. Yet again you deluded lot got your wild predictions of promotion, overtaking City and dominating the world horribly, horribly wrong. Much to our continued amusement.

Archived