IGNORED

Welcome To Our World...r*vers Jr

Kid in the Riot

Can't see R*vers ever needing 26k let alone 35k.

UWE have given them the land on the condition that it will always be called "UWE Stadium" and R*vers can't sell the naming rights. They're not renting.

Bristol City on the other hand are technically tenants of Ashton Gate Ltd as I understand it.

Nope,

Bristol city holdings own ashton gate Ltd, as confirmed to me by a club director at the stadium consultation. So still owned by the football club.

Nope,

Bristol city holdings own ashton gate Ltd, as confirmed to me by a club director at the stadium consultation. So still owned by the football club.

Technically Bristol City Holdings Limited and Bristol City Football Club Limited are two separate entities. However, I believe at present Ashton Gate Limited, Bristol City Football Club Limited and BCFC Limited are all wholly owned subsidiary companies of Bristol City Holdings Limited.

So Rovers get their ground and city develop theirs , Id say , both clubs will have much comfortable surroundings , better facilities , which will no doubt attract more fans , which in time should bring in more money , which should attract good players , which they should be able to afford . The next 10 years should be much more appetising , better than the crap that we have all had to put up with over the last god knows how many years .

So Rovers get their ground and city develop theirs , Id say , both clubs will have much comfortable surroundings , better facilities , which will no doubt attract more fans , which in time should bring in more money , which should attract good players , which they should be able to afford . The next 10 years should be much more appetising , better than the crap that we have all had to put up with over the last god knows how many years .

It should do...

I actually don't begrudge them the stadium, they have had some seriously shit times throughout the years, and it certainly gives them a chance to make the championship one day but it certainly does not guarantee success. I think they are getting slightly carried away thinking they will sell 10k season tickets in UWE playing division 2 football.

I actually don't begrudge them the stadium, they have had some seriously shit times throughout the years, and it certainly gives them a chance to make the championship one day but it certainly does not guarantee success. I think they are getting slightly carried away thinking they will sell 10k season tickets in UWE playing division 2 football.

I begrudge it, its about 500yards from my new house!! Im going to become a NIMBY!!!!

Oh well, thats my house price flattened forever, in the shade of a gert big bowl.

And if i hear that flaming song about that oldbint Irene from my house, well, i may be forced to fly a city flag from my rooftop!!!!!

You only gotta see what's happened to teams like Darlington, Rushden and Diamonds, even what happened with Coventry with the Rioch, I think its a risk for the Gash, As they havent got a rich man to back them like we have SL. My bet is it will be like Notts County a couple years back, when they brought in Sven and the gang. It will start well, but will fizzle all too quick.

I would wish them well but don't give two shits about them, the only way they will get more people in is by offering free tickets, season tickets to uni students etc and don't forget the plastics. Forest Green will soon over take them as the best team in Gloucester, but don't worry Gloucester City haven't got a home either, what's the chances of them asking for a ground share?

Steady on KITR... talking truths like that will upset some  ;)

the capacity is 'sensible' and the opportunity to increase cheaply doesn't hurt either

Still wont believe it till im stood in it mind!

I think I know what you will be stood in :gasmask:

Forest Green will soon over take them as the best team in Gloucester, but don't worry Gloucester City haven't got a home either, what's the chances of them asking for a ground share?

I am guessing you mean best team in Gloucestershire. If so I am sorry to be pedantic but Cheltenham overtook the Gas years ago to become the best Gloucestershire team!

I will still believe it when I see it. I have watched Rovers for 40 years and for 30 of those they have been about to move to a new ground. I see TRASH have 7 days to appeal, and Nick Higgs has mentioned in his statement that the delay has cost time and money, and that this means that there will now be contractual issues to sort out.

Apart from that, I'm a bit of a Luddite when it comes to new football grounds, and talk of 'new revenue streams' always leaves me a bit cold.

You can't stop progress, and I will go along with it, but give me a stadium and pitch like the Baseball Ground circa 1974 anytime!

I wonder what the contractual issues could be? I note both the Memorial Stadium and Ashton Gate were worth much more as supermarkets than housing. However, that was a couple of years back and since then both Tesco and Morrison's have publicly announced they are stopping with the 'space race' for large supermarkets and with Sainsburys and Asda also suffering with sales in large supermarkets they are believed to be the same. The upshot is the value of land with planning permission for supermarkets has fallen drastically and in fact in some cases it is now worth more as housing than supermarkets.

I wonder if the "contractual delays" mentioned above surround the amount Sainsburys are willing to pay for the Memorial Ground (if in fact they still want to purchase it at all).

Sources: http://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/feb/25/tesco-supermarket-price-cuts-profit-forecast; http://www.cityam.com/article/1379036174/morrisons-cut-new-space-it-focuses-online; http://m.hemeltoday.co.uk/news/community/morrisons-pulls-out-of-hemel-hempstead-store-plans-which-would-have-provided-350-new-jobs-1-5920932

Edit: Search "Sainsburys pull out" and similar terms to see where they have cancelled plans to build stores etc at the last minute.

Ignoring the Memorial issue (sorry but I believe a Memorial for sportsman should be in a sports venue irrespective of how great DancinDanny thinks it's going to be), I'm not particularly bothered that they have their new ground in the same way that I wasn't particularly bothered by it this time last year.

Until the board of BCFC come out and officially say that AV is dead in the water then I won't write off that option. I think we are lucky that our worst case scenario appears to be staying in our spiritual home in an impressive redeveloped AG with much improved facilities. People will argue about which option will be better for the club in the long run but as others have mentioned, redeveloping AG will not close the doors for a new stadium at some stage in the future. Hopefully any future applications will be assisted by recent changes in the law. In the Lansdowns we have owners who are willing to invest in the clubs facilities, for me that's a very good thing, I cannot foresee that the current, tired looking (no matter how much I love it) Ashton Gate will not dragged into the 21st Century and personally I love the initial plans that have been on show.

I noticed last night that some retard calling himself 'Tote End' (where the **** is that?) started a thread saying that we are now panicking because they've got their new ground. Well, you carry on piling the pressure on yourselves Gasheads because #1 it isn't built yet and #2 you aren't anywhere near the Prem yet. Don't forget that you aren't the only club in Bristol improving your facilities. Nice to see so many City fans wishing Rovers well in this victory against the NIMBYs, even if ****wits like Tote End and his mates choose to ignore it. I personally think that we also have plenty to look forward to in the coming years. Gasheads should concentrate on their future, their BoD have pulled off a master stroke with this new development. Intresting times on the horizon.

I'm hoping that with them getting their bowl and our redevelopment Bristol football will now push on.

Yep,I'd like to see Bristol football push on as well.

As in we're back in the Championship in a couple of years and the gas sink into the Conference in time for 1500 to welcome in their shiny new bowl.

Peter O'H - sadly, there will always be some who can never bring themselves to acknowledge anything positive which comes from the red side, but will jump on something negative + highlight it.  I can assure you that lots of Rovers fans did appreciate the good wishes from City fans yesterday, and also thought that the AV outcome was a disgrace - unfortunately, I think that those of a negative persuasion always tend to shout louder and more frequently, so the voice of reason goes unheard! :shutup:

You only gotta see what's happened to teams like Darlington, Rushden and Diamonds, even what happened with Coventry with the Rioch, I think its a risk for the Gash, As they havent got a rich man to back them like we have SL. My bet is it will be like Notts County a couple years back, when they brought in Sven and the gang. It will start well, but will fizzle all too quick.

I would wish them well but don't give two shits about them, the only way they will get more people in is by offering free tickets, season tickets to uni students etc and don't forget the plastics. Forest Green will soon over take them as the best team in Gloucester, but don't worry Gloucester City haven't got a home either, what's the chances of them asking for a ground share?

This is the thing, there are so many clubs building new stadiums, they no longer give you a cutting edge over other clubs. It won't be long until there are no older stadiums left in the Country.

You need to have some serious clout in this neck of the woods to make a difference.

Crikey Steve Lansdowns has got shed loads more money than the Gash and look how difficult we found it to stay in (and compete) in the championship.

Don't get me wrong, the new stadium will help the Gash, but they're competing against other clubs who have already established new stadia and are higher up the league pecking order i.e. Doncaster, Bournemouth, Shrewsbury, and for each one of those, there's always a Plymouth, Darlington etc..

This is the thing, there are so many clubs building new stadiums, they no longer give you a cutting edge over other clubs. It won't be long until there are no older stadiums left in the Country.

You need to have some serious clout in this neck of the woods to make a difference.

Crikey Steve Lansdowns has got shed loads more money than the Gash and look how difficult we found it to stay in (and compete) in the championship.

Don't get me wrong, the new stadium will help the Gash, but they're competing against other clubs who have already established new stadia and are higher up the league pecking order i.e. Doncaster, Bournemouth, Shrewsbury, and for each one of those, there's always a Plymouth, Darlington etc..

For every SL there are clubs competing on a more realistic level...... Millwall, Yeovil, Barnsley, Donny, Bournemouth in championship, are all clubs that donr spend big as such and have crowds that arent that high

Its no doubt hard with out the spending power but FFP will help a little especially when you can have income from non football stuff at the stadium

Peter O'H - sadly, there will always be some who can never bring themselves to acknowledge anything positive which comes from the red side, but will jump on something negative + highlight it. I can assure you that lots of Rovers fans did appreciate the good wishes from City fans yesterday, and also thought that the AV outcome was a disgrace - unfortunately, I think that those of a negative persuasion always tend to shout louder and more frequently, so the voice of reason goes unheard! :shutup:

Obviously no offence to Gasheads like yourself or NailseaCookie who has always said he thinks AV should happen and not just on OTIB. I think the thing that most City fans are actually jealous of is not the ground but the fact that Rovers have beaten the NIMBYs. I would love to see the liars who have stifled our plans to be shown up for what they are.

Rovers battle was against TRASH not BCFC. I accept Gasheads are happy that they will get their new ground first but in all fairness Rovers had a 30 year head start. We've got our own battle to keep us occupied. As long as nothing happens to derail the AG redevelopment I genuinely believe that the future is bright for City, not just Rovers.

I'm not going to say I'm happy Rovers have a new ground but I will say I don't begrudge them getting it. Most City fans I know feel the same way.

On a different note, I can't think of any other examples where the new ground vs redevelopmed ground pros and cons argument could be played out in real life with 2 clubs in the same city at roughly the same time.

Obviously no offence to Gasheads like yourself or NailseaCookie who has always said he thinks AV should happen and not just on OTIB. I think the thing that most City fans are actually jealous of is not the ground but the fact that Rovers have beaten the NIMBYs. I would love to see the liars who have stifled our plans to be shown up for what they are.

Rovers battle was against TRASH not BCFC. I accept Gasheads are happy that they will get their new ground first but in all fairness Rovers had a 30 year head start. We've got our own battle to keep us occupied. As long as nothing happens to derail the AG redevelopment I genuinely believe that the future is bright for City, not just Rovers.

I'm not going to say I'm happy Rovers have a new ground but I will say I don't begrudge them getting it. Most City fans I know feel the same way.

On a different note, I can't think of any other examples where the new ground vs redevelopmed ground pros and cons argument could be played out in real life with 2 clubs in the same city at roughly the same time.

I don't get this argument? I keep hearing Gash fans saying "we'll get our stadium before you", but I don't get it? I really don't understand why they hold this in such esteem? It's almost as if it's the only thing they can get over us? I say good luck to them :-)

For every SL there are clubs competing on a more realistic level...... Millwall, Yeovil, Barnsley, Donny, Bournemouth in championship, are all clubs that donr spend big as such and have crowds that arent that high

Its no doubt hard with out the spending power but FFP will help a little especially when you can have income from non football stuff at the stadium

Are Bournemouth not owned by billionaire?

Not being funny but your not gonna earn much from non match day income. You have already given that away to UWE.

And their forum is now full of gloating and comments like **** the teds ! these are the same people who we're suggesting a fans united march a fee months ago, when they needed us it was we're all fans, let's unite against the common enemy, now they don't need us it's back to their true feelings **** the teds,.They are vile hypocrites and I don't see how any city fan can be pleased for them, they certainly wouldn't be pleased for us if the shoe was on the other foot !

Archived