IGNORED

Not Just City Who Had Ticket Issues

G Block

http://www.gillinghamfootballclub.com/news/article/message-to-season-ticket-holders-971952.aspx

The Chairman offers his sincere apologies for Saturday’s entry problems

Dear Fellow Supporters

I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the problems many of you experienced on entering the stadium last Saturday.

Unfortunately a management decision was taken, of which I was unaware until 14.45pm, to limit gates of entry for Season Ticket Holders.

As soon as I became aware I instructed that all gates should allow access but unfortunately the damage had been done by that stage.

The original decision was well intended but clearly flawed in implementation. Needless to say Season Ticket Holders may use all entry points for their relevant stands in future.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience

Paul D.P. Scally
Chairman

So they also have a ticket issue, say they know what went wrong and say it won't happen again as lessons have been learnt.

Our supporters applaud this as an honest open view, yet our own club say they got it wrong and will have it sorted before the next home game, yet this is written off as same old same old and just lip service.

I don't get the logic in wanting to knock the club at every opportunity.

So they also have a ticket issue, say they know what went wrong and say it won't happen again as lessons have been learnt.

Our supporters applaud this as an honest open view, yet our own club say they got it wrong and will have it sorted before the next home game, yet this is written off as same old same old and just lip service.

Not sure the club have said what went wrong and why it won't happen again. Scally has.

Not sure the club have said what went wrong and why it won't happen again. Scally has.

The problems are something managing director Jon Lansdown has said were unacceptable.

Mr Lansdown said: "This is not up to the high standards that we set ourselves at Bristol City FC.

"I have had a full debrief today, where we have discussed all contributing factors to make sure that any issues are remedied ahead of the Wolves game.

"We must ensure a similar situation does not happen again at this or any other fixture."

Direct quote taken from the EP story, doesn't state how it went wrong, but they have acknowledged there was a problem and it will be sorted for next time.

If the same happens again, then it should be brought up and pointed out that it was supposed to be fixed, but at least give them the opportunity to fix it.

And there is also likely to be a bigger crowd for the Wolves game, so even with more queuing is possible.

If the same happens again, then it should be brought up and pointed out that it was supposed to be fixed, but at least give them the opportunity to fix it.

And there is also likely to be a bigger crowd for the Wolves game, so even with more queuing is possible.

The same has already happened..........they had the opportunity to put things right after the Reading game.....they clearly didn't

The problems are something managing director Jon Lansdown has said were unacceptable.

Mr Lansdown said: "This is not up to the high standards that we set ourselves at Bristol City FC.

"I have had a full debrief today, where we have discussed all contributing factors to make sure that any issues are remedied ahead of the Wolves game.

"We must ensure a similar situation does not happen again at this or any other fixture."

Direct quote taken from the EP story, doesn't state how it went wrong, but they have acknowledged there was a problem and it will be sorted for next time.

Why is it difficult for them to say:

"I've had a full debrief today and what happened was <insert excuse here> and <insert another reason here>. We have taken steps to ensure it won't happen again and will be taking on more match day staff to prevent it from happening again"

There, that's not so difficult is it?

The difference is that the appalling Scally said eaxctly what was wrong and exactly what would be done to repair it in the future. If what he said is true, and I admit that's a big if with Scally, he took steps to fix it at the time, unlike our management.

Read the two statements again and note the differences!

--------------------------------------------------------

Do you really need to know the details of what went wrong? Surely the fact the club acknowledge it was unacceptable, will address it so it won't happen again is all fans need to know. Job done. Why are people still days later going on about it?

--------------------------------------------------------

+1

Some people just enjoy compaining!

Archived