IGNORED

Everything Fontaine Related

Fuber

I'm not sure what to make of this, it's frustrating to see the same errors being made again. Maybe SoD thought it was a step too far to change both CB's and the keeper this season, and so he kept Fontaine in there for stability? He perhaps believed and hoped as we all did having Flint besides him he will come good again.

Ok we are only 3 games into a long season, but the partnership doesn't seem to have gelled yet or have any understanding, infact from what I read on here the defence have got themselves into a mess and put extra pressure on themselves and their team mates. You can't conceed 5 and expect your teammates to score 6 in order to win a match.

Harsh to heap it all on one player, but he must be the most experienced player on the pitch though. A previous Captain numerous times and god knows how many professional games under his belt, more than all of his other defenders and keeper put together I bet. I don't know what's gone wrong, has he gone stale here and needs a fresh challenge? I to noticed he hasn't been the same since his move to Southampton collapsed, does he look at them and rue what might have been? It's very sad to see him like this and sadder still how it affects the team.

So SoD stick or twist?

Luxury? There's nothing luxurious about Liam. At all. Apart from his pampered lifestyle.

and dont we ****** know it, his is still one of the flashest motors in the car park....biggest cars for the worst players it seems...

I'm not sure what to make of this, it's frustrating to see the same errors being made again. Maybe SoD thought it was a step too far to change both CB's and the keeper this season, and so he kept Fontaine in there for stability? He perhaps believed and hoped as we all did having Flint besides him he will come good again.

Ok we are only 3 games into a long season, but the partnership doesn't seem to have gelled yet or have any understanding, infact from what I read on here the defence have got themselves into a mess and put extra pressure on themselves and their team mates. You can't conceed 5 and expect your teammates to score 6 in order to win a match.

Harsh to heap it all on one player, but he must be the most experienced player on the pitch though. A previous Captain numerous times and god knows how many professional games under his belt, more than all of his other defenders and keeper put together I bet. I don't know what's gone wrong, has he gone stale here and needs a fresh challenge? I to noticed he hasn't been the same since his move to Southampton collapsed, does he look at them and rue what might have been? It's very sad to see him like this and sadder still how it affects the team.

So SoD stick or twist?

You can only get rid of a player if someone is willing to buy them or you pay them up otherwise you're stuck with them for the length of their contract. I really doubt SOD was wary about changing too much of the defence & would gladly have seen Fontaine and his wages leave the club this summer but who was ever going to take him? He could've brought in another expensive centre half with Fontaine as back up but that would have impacted on where could strengthen the rest of the squad so we brought in a young player with potential to develop in the hope I'm guessing that Fontaine would handle the league below better. To have 3 left sided centre backs n the squad when we don't currently have any cover at full back (I don't count Wilson), are light up front & could do with a right sided midfielder might not be considered the best use of what money we have got left in the budget. We always knew we were going to have to get through this year before some of the high earners could be moved on for good. Some of them may be useful, Elliott I think will do a job this season but Fontaine? Not banking on it.

They'll be calls for SOD's head if Fontaine is picked against Wolves this week . They'll be demands for his head if Fonts plays and we lose .

He can't defend the indefensible anymore . Williams has to play . Wilson /Carey bench .

Fontaine needs to be loaned out for the season .

They'll be calls for SOD's head if Fontaine is picked against Wolves this week . They'll be demands for his head if Fonts plays and we lose .

He can't defend the indefensible anymore . Williams has to play . Wilson /Carey bench .

I've already got a ticket for Saturday but have threatened to only commit to watching City again on the guarantee he is not starting.

Was challenged to write to SOD personally to explain this to him which I'm also tempted to do, diplomatically and with all due respect of course <angle>

Not paying to watch professional football games ruined like that any more. I will go up the downs and watch 'football' for free.

Disclaimer: I'm not joking.

Carey is crocked again (of course he is the season has started) get used to it.

Archived