IGNORED

Fielding Booing

beaverface

Thank god someone started this as I'm still raging. WHY!!!! Why the booing?!? You bunch of *****. Makes one of the best saves I've seen to give us a point, has an assist for Baldock's goal but apparently it's not good enough.

If its because he was his time wasting then even more **** points. Obviously told to slow down and after the Coventry game it would've been foolish to go all out for another goal. Poor guy looked heartbroken at the end looking at an obvious group at the back giving him stick.

Idiots.

Disgraceful booing him, he did ok and clearly SOD didn't have a problem with it. The whole team where taking their time. Fielding looked gutted he had his head down and then was asking Flint why he got booed. What a mess, we're supposed to be supporters, those who booed should be ashamed.

Admittedly, only a small minority at the back not all away fans.

Fielding made some top class saves against wolves and sounds like he made some more great saves today, it's clear to see that this guy is desperate to be accepted by the fans and become a crucial part of our team.

I hope that he understands that the booing is a minority, and that the majority of supporters are backing him to be successful at the club.

The booing was because he was wasting time at the end under SOD's instructions so Fielding definitely didn't deserve it.

Bit frustrating that we didn't go for it at the end as the game was there to be won.

Agree to a degree. It was there to be won but I think if we were to go all out for it at 2-2 after the 'lessons to be learnt' after the Coventry game, we would've deserved to lose and probably would've. Just my opinion.

Call me naïve if you like but that really didn't look clever at the end today. Surely you need to take the occasional risk to try and win a game away from home? And such blatant timewasting in stoppage time can backfire if the ref adds on additional stoppage time for it.

Our away record under SOD is dire and not helped by such a negative mindset away from home IMO.

I'll take the offer: you are naïve. We are away from home against a very good side who had breached our defence twice already. A point at MK Dons is a very good result and given our start to the season a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

He was at times shaky again and in my opinion he really does punch the ball out too often when he could easily catch it, but again he did make one or two excellent saves.

However his time wasting at the end really did annoy me. Now in no way did he deserve to be booed and I fully expect he was under orders to run the clock down, but the last five minutes of today's game was embarrassing.

I expected us to lose today, so a draw is decent result and I'm not suggesting we should have been throwing men forward in some gung ho attempt that could have nicked a goal, but our time wasting tactics were embarrassing. The kind of thing you would see Accrington Stanley doing if they found themselves 1-0 up at Old Trafford in the 3rd round of the cup. Now I wouldn't be so ignorant as to say we have a divine right to be beating teams like MK Dons, and in fact a draw at their place is a decent result, but seeing us resort to desperate time wasting measures (when we were the team that had been on top after their second goal) was cringe worthy.

It was fortunate that the referee was an imbecile as Fielding should have been booked for his antics and what a sorry state of affairs that would be. Having a keeper booked for time wasting when drawing with Milton Keynes Dons.

Call me naïve if you like but that really didn't look clever at the end today. Surely you need to take the occasional risk to try and win a game away from home? And such blatant timewasting in stoppage time can backfire if the ref adds on additional stoppage time for it.

Our away record under SOD is dire and not helped by such a negative mindset away from home IMO.

Yup. Naive or naïf if you want to be pedantic.

He was at times shaky again and in my opinion he really does punch the ball out too often when he could easily catch it, but again he did make one or two excellent saves.

However his time wasting at the end really did annoy me. Now in no way did he deserve to be booed and I fully expect he was under orders to run the clock down, but the last five minutes of today's game was embarrassing.

I expected us to lose today, so a draw is decent result and I'm not suggesting we should have been throwing men forward in some gung ho attempt that could have nicked a goal, but our time wasting tactics were embarrassing. The kind of thing you would see Accrington Stanley doing if they found themselves 1-0 up at Old Trafford in the 3rd round of the cup. Now I wouldn't be so ignorant as to say we have a divine right to be beating teams like MK Dons, and in fact a draw at their place is a decent result, but seeing us resort to desperate time wasting measures (when we were the team that had been on top after their second goal) was cringe worthy.

It was fortunate that the referee was an imbecile as Fielding should have been booked for his antics and what a sorry state of affairs that would be. Having a keeper booked for time wasting when drawing with Milton Keynes Dons.

Agree with every word of this.

Time wasting is one of the things I hate most in football. I could have just about understood it if we were leading 2-1, but doing so at 2-2 in what was a very end to end game against a team with a dodgy looking defence just screamed 'lack of ambition' to me.

And people wonder why we are yet to win away from home in the league under SOD.

Great. We've moved on from destroying the confidence of players who've done badly to destroying the confidence of players who've done well. Thank God for smileys - words fail me.

:facepalm::grr:

Can't help thinking that our club would be far better off if a few of our so called 'fans' ****** off over to north Bristol and followed the pikeys instead :fingerscrossed:

Can't help thinking that our club would be far better off if a few of our so called 'fans' ****** off over to north Bristol and followed the pikeys instead :fingerscrossed:

Can't help but thinking if everyone who posts, criticises and moans on this forum actually went to away games City might not be so shit.

If he was wasting time then fair enough in my opinion, we gave MK Scum too much respect they're not league1 fodder got nothing.

If people are happy with drawing to there's we definitely lack ambition.

Anyone on here saying we should of taken a point probably wasn't there, we should of won it comfortably.

Yeah and I bet a few of our super tolerant and understanding supporters on here would have cut S'OD plenty of slack if we'd got caught with a sucker punch and lost. Would they hell!!!

Can you imagine the uproar if it had been one draw and three defeats from our first four games?

Can't help but thinking if everyone who posts, criticises and moans on this forum actually went to away games City might not be so shit.

If he was wasting time then fair enough in my opinion, we gave MK Scum too much respect they're not league1 fodder got nothing.

If people are happy with drawing to there's we definitely lack ambition.

What, the sort that go away and boo your own keeper when he's following orders.

Reckon we can manage perfectly well without bellends like that.

What, the sort that go away and boo your own keeper when he's following orders.

Reckon we can manage perfectly well without bellends like that.

Well the boos should be directed at the person who gave him those orders. Those "bell ends" you refer to travel length and breadth of this country and deserve to have a go it we feel we've not done everything possible to get 3 points.

Franchise are not Manchester United and were there for the taking.

Tend to agree with this - under normal circumstances.

But a part of me says going gung ho for the win and conceding another goal in the last couple of minutes to lose the game wouldn't have done much for confidence and morale.

One thing that worries me is when our manager says that MK Dons are a benchmark for us. Really ? I don't bloody think so mate - 7k there today in a stadium with a current capacity of 22k with another 10k seats that they're not bothering to install as there's no point. And if he means aspire on the playing side, well we should have beaten them - they aint Barcelona. If I felt that we have something to learn from MK Dons, then I'd know we were in shite a lot deeper than we actually are. He's talking out of his arse. Or did I mishear/misunderstand ?

It's a fair point about morale and confidence if we'd ended up losing 3-2, and I take that.

That said, I was never suggesting we should have gone gung ho with all ten outfield players pressing forward in the four minutes of stoppage time. Just that we should have at least tried crossing the half way line - the MK defence had tired by that point (hence the decent openings we'd had a few minutes earlier with the JET shot / Baldock missed follow up, and the Bryan penalty incident) and we may well have come away with all three points - which would of course have lifted everyone's morale.

But a part of me says going gung ho for the win and conceding another goal in the last couple of minutes to lose the game wouldn't have done much for confidence and morale.

One thing that worries me is when our manager says that MK Dons are a benchmark for us. Really ? I don't bloody think so mate - 7k there today in a stadium with a current capacity of 22k with another 10k seats that they're not bothering to install as there's no point. And if he means aspire on the playing side, well we should have beaten them - they aint Barcelona. If I felt that we have something to learn from MK Dons, then I'd know we were in shite a lot deeper than we actually are. He's talking out of his arse. Or did I mishear/misunderstand ?

Gave them soooo much respect they not yet earnt. Time wasting really winds me up and with 2 points to go for with Big Hareeood up there Jesus .....

I am sure he meant that they repeatedly make the playoffs almost year after year - so by matching / looking better than then we can guage our potential over the season. They are the first club we have played that were in this league last season (Wolves and Coventry being Champioship clubs, and Bradford coming up from L2).

Well the boos should be directed at the person who gave him those orders. Those "bell ends" you refer to travel length and breadth of this country and deserve to have a go it we feel we've not done everything possible to get 3 points.

There's plenty of differing views on what supporting the club is all about, but I've got far more respect for fans who don't dish out shit to a player who has just helped keep us in the game.

It really pisses me off that people want everything now and here we are only four games into the season and some morons are already booing our own players :facepalm:

If that's what supporting the club is all about, I'll pass on that thanks.

There's plenty of differing views on what supporting the club is all about, but I've got far more respect for fans who don't dish out shit to a player who has just helped keep us in the game.

It really pisses me off that people want everything now and here we are only four games into the season and some morons are already booing our own players :facepalm:

It's pretty standard for this club. And we wonder why we are where we are? For me, I would never boo. I'm far from a happy clapper but I just don't agree with booing. Especially not after witnessing our keeper making a world class save to keep us in the game.

Theres also plenty of non bell ends who travel the country and dont boo a particular player thats following his coaches instructions.

If you dont like it, take it up with SO'D not Fielding.

I think we've established that people are not booing FF for his ability or performance. He's a good keeper I think all city fan would agree with that. He got booed by-proxy for his actions because of his orders.

Negative football is never popular, I'm not going to defend it.

Archived