IGNORED

Fielding Booing

beaverface

Theres also plenty of non bell ends who travel the country and dont boo a particular player thats following his coaches instructions.

If you dont like it, take it up with SO'D not Fielding.

You may well still be a bell end. I don't even know you.

So you were happy not going for the win when the chance of two points was available?

You may well still be a bell end. I don't even know you.

So you were happy not going for the win when the chance of two points was available?

You get it do you?

Its not about whether we were or werent going for the win, but about people booing a player for following instructions.

I do get it. It's nothing personal, FF got the boos that should have been aimed at the person giving those orders. Yes a scapegoat but it happens.

...and its wrong! and our fans need to understand that. FF was shrugging his shoulders and asking his teammates why he was being singled out. It was bully boy tactics by a minority of our fans.

...and its wrong! and our fans need to understand that. FF was shrugging his shoulders and asking his teammates why he was being singled out. It was bully boy tactics by a minority of our fans.

So fans should just accept what's served up. That minority you speak of were not happy with just one point when three were on offer. They were not booing FF as a person, player, or individual. They were booing his actions which they are entitled to as Bristol City "customers" as the club likes to label

Well the boos should be directed at the person who gave him those orders. Those "bell ends" you refer to travel length and breadth of this country and deserve to have a go it we feel we've not done everything possible to get 3 points.

Franchise are not Manchester United and were there for the taking.

No, they're not. And neither are we...

I am sure he meant that they repeatedly make the playoffs almost year after year - so by matching / looking better than then we can guage our potential over the season. They are the first club we have played that were in this league last season (Wolves and Coventry being Champioship clubs, and Bradford coming up from L2).

Cov were in this division last season.

Yeah and I bet a few of our super tolerant and understanding supporters on here would have cut S'OD plenty of slack if we'd got caught with a sucker punch and lost. Would they hell!!!

Can you imagine the uproar if it had been one draw and three defeats from our first four games?

the uproar? what would that consistent of that fans don't already do?

Not sure about that. Most of the team had over 100 senior appearances (bar Reid and Brian)

Agreed. But they've hardly met each other. I think this is a seriously encouraging result. Curiously, so does everyone else I've met tonight.

They aren't Man U - neither are we. They're a successful Division 3 side, we're an untried bunch of youngsters.

We have some strong players capable of playing in higher divisons, we conceded two soft goals and could of had scored one or two more. The result was disappointing because we lead twice and twice we conceded two soft goals.

I'm amazed at the reaction on here from a goalie protecting a point away from home when the previous away league record under SOD was LLLLDLLLDLL.

Looking at that record I'd have thought the whole team would be desperate to cling on to the point, you should be applauding him not booing him securing your 3rd away point out of 36!

So fans should just accept what's served up. That minority you speak of were not happy with just one point when three were on offer. They were not booing FF as a person, player, or individual. They were booing his actions which they are entitled to as Bristol City "customers" as the club likes to label

So tell me, how does FF differentiate between boos directed at him personally and boo's towards his instructions he's been told to follow?

I notice the other players didn't get booed - so is FF the spokesman who has direct communication to SO'D?

Seriously encouraging? Well yes it is serious, I will grant you that, the acceptance that we are really rubbish and that some are content with scrapping out a point with MK Dons is testament to the way the club is heading.

Again, we have not won a league match in 13 attempts, sorry but that is not acceptable, that has to mark us down as the worst performing club in the four divisions, but never mind eh?

To be accurate, we haven't won a league match in four attempts, as last season is gone, as have most of the players!

Tucked into our four match winless run this season, we've also managed to comfortably beat one of our bogey teams away for our first cup win in a number of years, so things really aren't that bad.

Would I be right in thinking you're a glass half empty type of person by any chance??

Anyone on here saying we should of taken a point probably wasn't there, we should of won it comfortably.

Disagree, they had chances as well. Point was a fair result.

Booing was nuts. Fielding was told to time waste. He'd just saved an absolute peach of a free kick, which I thought was going in. He also set up a goal with a mahoosive clearance to Baldock.

I took my kids to their first ever game today, and had to explain the booing. Sometimes words fail me.

So tell me, how does FF differentiate between boos directed at him personally and boo's towards his instructions he's been told to follow?

I notice the other players didn't get booed - so is FF the spokesman who has direct communication to SO'D?

He doesn't. The other players were not blatantly time wasting. Don't people get it, some fans are not happy to see city players (instructed or otherwise) waste time when not in a winning position.

It could have been Wagstaff take the ball into the corner, or an attacking free kick passed back to the goalkeeper. It's NOTHING personal.

Some people are happy with a point away at MK Turd but I for one think Bristol City are better than that and should be going out to beat them. Apparently they are our barometer but if that is the case Jesus this club has never sunk so low.

FF is a big boy, if he has to take some shit to know what we are all about so be it, he'll get over it. Don't be so ******* precious

I'd boo ANY player who didn't try his best to get the maximum out of game. Call me a false supporter all you like I'd rather go balls out and lose than go home saying we never even tried.

He doesn't. The other players were not blatantly time wasting. Don't people get it, some fans are not happy to see city players (instructed or otherwise) waste time when not in a winning position.

It could have been Wagstaff take the ball into the corner, or an attacking free kick passed back to the goalkeeper. It's NOTHING personal.

Some people are happy with a point away at MK Turd but I for one think Bristol City are better than that and should be going out to beat them. Apparently they are our barometer but if that is the case Jesus this club has never sunk so low.

FF is a big boy, if he has to take some shit to know what we are all about so be it, he'll get over it. Don't be so ******* precious

I'd boo ANY player who didn't try his best to get the maximum out of game. Call me a false supporter all you like I'd rather go balls out and lose than go home saying we never even tried.

It's all about ,do you motivate with carrot or stick ?

You fall into the stick camp whereas others prefer carrot.who's right ? Who's wrong ?

That depends on the person who recieves the message.

We as supporters don't know which players will respond best to what ( unlike the coaches who work with guys on a daily basis) so best we say nothing is my logical but farcical conclusion.

Oh well back to the drawing board.

Oh yes sorry "false supporter" there you go :0)

Seriously encouraging? Well yes it is serious, I will grant you that, the acceptance that we are really rubbish and that some are content with scrapping out a point with MK Dons is testament to the way the club is heading.

Again, we have not won a league match in 13 attempts, sorry but that is not acceptable, that has to mark us down as the worst performing club in the four divisions, but never mind eh?

But you be praising FF/ SOD for their ambition if he hurried his goal kick & it went to one of their forwards to score a winner right?

Not sure about that. Most of the team had over 100 senior appearances (bar Reid and Brian)

Actually bar Moloney, Flint, Williams and Cunningham, too, plus Wynter as well.

So our entire back four, then.

Tricky things facts, aren't they?

Booing Fielding for following orders was moronic. And there's no doubt that the numpties sitting behind me were getting at Fielding, not the tactics - they spent most of the second half slagging him off.

It was a good result in the end. I do think, though, that going so negative for the last few minutes actually increased the risk of us losing, as we just invited pressure.

That negativity does concern me. If we'd just played the last five minutes the way we'd played the previous 85 there was just as much chance that we'd have nicked a goal as that we'd have conceded one. And the two points we might have gained would have been twice as valuable - psychologically as well as practically - as the one we might have lost.

Booing Fielding for following orders was moronic. And there's no doubt that the numpties sitting behind me were getting at Fielding, not the tactics - they spent most of the second half slagging him off.

It was a good result in the end. I do think, though, that going so negative for the last few minutes actually increased the risk of us losing, as we just invited pressure.

That negativity does concern me. If we'd just played the last five minutes the way we'd played the previous 85 there was just as much chance that we'd have nicked a goal as that we'd have conceded one. And the two points we might have gained would have been twice as valuable - psychologically as well as practically - as the one we might have lost.

All ifs. buts and maybes. Fact is we didn't lose, we got a point and that point after 2 defeats at a place that's going to be bloody tough for a lot of teams this year will probably be more valuable psychologically than losing again.

All ifs. buts and maybes. Fact is we didn't lose, we got a point and that point after 2 defeats at a place that's going to be bloody tough for a lot of teams this year will probably be more valuable psychologically than losing again.

Someone with a brain in his head at last :)

Archived