IGNORED

I Am Not A Customer - I Am A Fan

Bat Fastard

I have also followed the City for sixty years. But up to this season i have managed to use the technology to buy/order season tickets. Now i am being told that my seat has been sold for the Rovers Game !!!!!

Why has this club needed to change the technology, i guess money comes into the equation.

Like a simple soul i went to Ashton Gate this morning to try and buy my ticket. I found it closed.

More fool me, seeing that their has been large cues over the last couple of days.

I perhaps thought this club would be eager to quickly sell me a ticket, which would help (in a small way) to reduce the 50 million of debt ?

I had a round trip of thirty miles, but who will really cares. After all i am just another customer willing to give my money.

Well perhaps the Golden Goose is beginning to see the light.

Brilliant mixed metaphor, but I get the point!

I have also followed the City for sixty years. But up to this season i have managed to use the technology to buy/order season tickets. Now i am being told that my seat has been sold for the Rovers Game !!!!!

Why has this club needed to change the technology, i guess money comes into the equation.

Like a simple soul i went to Ashton Gate this morning to try and buy my ticket. I found it closed.

More fool me, seeing that their has been large cues over the last couple of days.

I perhaps thought this club would be eager to quickly sell me a ticket, which would help (in a small way) to reduce the 50 million of debt ?

I had a round trip of thirty miles, but who will really cares. After all i am just another customer willing to give my money.

If it's any help Dave, try clicking on the Reservations tab and you may find your seats available there. I tried with mine a few days back and all was well. :)

Still got to say the changes they've made with the ticketing, turnstiles etc this season have been a massive backwards step and nobody at the club could honestly pretend this has 'improved the fans' experience' of trying to attend matches.

:source:

I believe that BCFC chose the appalling Lindley's for the same reason as did Glos CCC - they give the maximum financial return to the club. The fact that the food is expensive pigswill doesn't matter to the club management, because they don't eat it.

Not so much of a problem at Nevil Road because I can come and go as I please and get a good meal at the Sportsman just down the road. A real problem for evening matches at the Gate.

Of course. Do you think we got the new ticketing system due to how revolutionary it is and "fan friendly" or do you think there was more profit in a worse product so **** the fans?

I know which one City chose

Probably, because GCCC only signed a contract with Lindley's this season. Before that it was Fosters who were excellent.

Lindley were there in the 90's when sexton was there. I worked for them in the summer months!

Lindley were there in the 90's when sexton was there. I worked for them in the summer months!

Interesting. Any insights into their methods of ruining perfectly good food? ;)

Up to this season, it was Fosters for about four years, and I thought they were excellent.

Does anyone know how I can get radio Bristol here outside Taunton. Driving home after the match, I lose the signal about four miles from home. I would rather spend £100 or more on a radio than dive another penny to those bastards.

I know exactly how you feel matey.

Here in Glastonbury we have to put up with the old Radio Somerset 95.5fm, beemed from the Mendip Transmitter, multi-Kw... and always having the bloody Green-hooped inbreeds playing on it.

The 94.9fm signal for Radio Bristol is very week, due to the Mendip Hills in the way, I can pick it up on the car radio if I manoever the car into the right position on the drive.

The 1548mw (that they usually have either City or the Sags on when they're home) is a complete pile of poo.

The problem with Taunton, which seems to have crap radio reception of ANY decent station is that it is shielded by the Quantocks and the Mendips, good reception of the Welsh stuff, erg!

I would imagine that a decent FM antenna with some signal boost would do the job for you.

HTH

I know exactly how you feel matey.

Here in Glastonbury we have to put up with the old Radio Somerset 95.5fm, beemed from the Mendip Transmitter, multi-Kw... and always having the bloody Green-hooped inbreeds playing on it.

The 94.9fm signal for Radio Bristol is very week, due to the Mendip Hills in the way, I can pick it up on the car radio if I manoever the car into the right position on the drive.

The 1548mw (that they usually have either City or the Sags on when they're home) is a complete pile of poo.

The problem with Taunton, which seems to have crap radio reception of ANY decent station is that it is shielded by the Quantocks and the Mendips, good reception of the Welsh stuff, erg!

I would imagine that a decent FM antenna with some signal boost would do the job for you.

HTH

Finding a decent radio shop and exploring these reception issues is high on the "to do" list for Tuesday. You are right about the welsh stuff and it is a real pain.. In the car it seems to keep switching to welsh stuff all on its own. 'orrible!

Does anyone know how I can get radio Bristol here outside Taunton. Driving home after the match, I lose the signal about four miles from home. I would rather spend £100 or more on a radio than dive another penny to those bastards.

I have the same issue, I only have player to listen to games (when the service works) that I have already paid to listen to. I would happily stop paying them if I could get radio Bristol in Taunton.

It's about time the local BBC stations realised that City fans are spread all over the area, not strictly within the boundaries of Bristol.

Go knock on the BBC Somerset studios door in Taunton, next to the Council House buildings, tell them to get their act together! ;-)

Interesting. Any insights into their methods of ruining perfectly good food? ;)

Up to this season, it was Fosters for about four years, and I thought they were excellent.

Their catering for the masses was buy cheap knockout as much of the filth as possible. But when catering for the vip tents everything changed!

That said that was in the 90's but I doubt much has changed!

Their catering for the masses was buy cheap knockout as much of the filth as possible. But when catering for the vip tents everything changed!

That said that was in the 90's but I doubt much has changed!

I can't speak for the VIPs, but the prole food is the same :(

Bat Fastard, on 24 Aug 2013 - 9:30 PM, said:snapback.png

My latest brush with the club further emphasises the gulf between them and me. There was a bog up about renewing the player facility to listen to the game. I was told that I should have had my account frozen because I had tried to log in more than once in my frustration. Just when I was about to listen to the match!!

This is just another unsatisfactory incident following on from ticketing fiascos, problems with getting in to the ground, parking.........lousy food, difficulty in getting a pee in the Dolman - and lots more.

The trouble is that our "wet behind the ears" management are treating us as customers and not fans - they clearly do not understand the difference. A customer can choose to take their custom elsewhere - a fan cannot. If I could choose not to do business with a company that treats it's "customers" so badly - I would. I cannot vote with my feet and start supporting Yeovil, Rovers or the Mangos. After nearly 50 years of supporting City I feel frustrated at nearly every turn - and it must be due to the people who run our club.

How can they display such gross incompetence at every turn? How can they not understand that us elderly fans ar confused by all this technology - Customer Relationship Management they call it!!

Having spent tens of thousands of pounds supporting City - it would be nice to get a bit of respect. All I can do is not buy the food or merchandise in protest. I know many lifelong fans who have now stopped being active supporters because of the issues such as those mentioned. The people running our club are costing the club a fortune. For two pins - and if I could get a reliable radio signal in Taunton, I would stop going to the games and listen on the radio. But why should these people drive me away from one of the greatest passions in my life?

It feels very personal. Does anyone else feel the same?

Hi Guys. Thanks for the advice, been online this afternoon at 15.05 only to see that there is only ONE Seat left in the Dolman Block D. What a shower this club has become.
I sincerely hope some one like our illustrious Chairman reads this forum.
I did manage to find a club e-mail address yesterday where i could explain my problem.
I am not expecting a call. :grr:

I will.

I said that I would give a progress report - aerial being fitted on Friday! £110 plus VAT. The chap said that I should have no problem getting a good signal. As we are in a bungalow - I hope that we can get sufficient height to get "line of site" over the Polden Hills.

I said that I would give a progress report - aerial being fitted on Friday! £110 plus VAT. The chap said that I should have no problem getting a good signal. As we are in a bungalow - I hope that we can get sufficient height to get "line of site" over the Polden Hills.

That'll be one mighty big mast to get direct over the Poldens! Would likely be as big as the Mendip tranmitter! :laugh:

Seriously, as long as you can get some signal then a decent directional high gain antenna should be fine. Happy listening!

edit - Did mean to add, make sure they understand you want Radio BRISTOL NOT SOMERSET!

Thanks for the advice! It would be a disaster to simply end up with a more powerful Somerset Sound signal! I guess the Mendit transmitter is pretty high and the Poldens are not very high and about ten miles from here. With a pole on top of the bungalow chimney, there must be a significant improvement. I will ask the chap if he can give it a boost with some kind of device. I did manage to get a signal in my car in the driveway yesterday - so it may not be too much of a problem.

Archived