IGNORED

Cunningham Called Up By Ireland - Misses Derby...

!james

Greg Cunningham has been called up to the Republic of Ireland squad for the upcoming World Cup qualifiers against Sweden and Austria.

Cunningham will report in time for training in Malahide tomorrow at 11am ahead of the match with Sweden on Friday in the Aviva Stadium.

Shorey left back then....

This is getting more than a bit annoying now - the gas will be laughing their heads off.

So that's Elliot, Cunningham and Burns definitely unavailable from the last match squad due to international call - ups.

Is Shorey even fit to play a full game? :dunno:

I'm more annoyed Marv won't be playing. He's exactly the type of player we need on the pitch for the derby game, especially the way he's been playing

Those were my thoughts exactly.We need someone to put himself about against teams like the Gas, they won't let us play the passing stuff.

Greg hasn't been playing well so far this season and so I'm hoping he will be safer playing in an international rather than having lumps kicked out of him. Shorey had positive comments after Saturday, and although his lack of matches is a worry the passion of a Derby might be enough to get him through.

Those were my thoughts exactly.We need someone to put himself about against teams like the Gas, they won't let us play the passing stuff.

No we don't. Quality will always find a way through if we stick to a game plan and don't panic. On our pitch in front of our own fans we shouldnt be worried.

No we don't. Quality will always find a way through if we stick to a game plan and don't panic. On our pitch in front of our own fans we shouldnt be worried.

Normally I'd agree, but this is a derby remember, against a team who have more experience at playing at this level than we have. I saw the Arsenal v Spurs derby yesterday, and you can't tell me that was a great show of passing football. I've seen a few City v Rovers games in my time and we've always been a good footballing side, until we play them when we are dragged down to their level more times than not, derbies tend to be more about brute force and a test of bravery than skills.

This is getting more than a bit annoying now - the gas will be laughing their heads off.

So that's Elliot, Cunningham and Burns definitely unavailable from the last match squad due to international call - ups.

Is Shorey even fit to play a full game? :dunno:

Nogbad, man. I'm surprised. You're giving them to much credit. ''The gas will be laughing their heads off''..?!

Sounding like a bunch of pussies, here - that's what they'll be laughing at. The few sags that actually have opposable thumbs are forecasting we'll have too much in terms of quality and they'll only knick it through their own methane spirit or the pressure getting to much for us.

Chilled out confidence, I say. FTG

Nogbad, man. I'm surprised. You're giving them to much credit. ''The gas will be laughing their heads off''..?!

Sounding like a bunch of pussies, here - that's what they'll be laughing at. The few sags that actually have opposable thumbs are forecasting we'll have too much in terms of quality and they'll only knick it through their own methane spirit or the pressure getting to much for us.

Chilled out confidence, I say. FTG

Can't be chilled out against the gas, WTF, too much at stake. I've seen far too many crushing disappointments and I well remember freak late goals by the likes of Smart and Hibbitt sending us out of AG completely shattered. Cameron, Beadle and Lambert have scored similar ridiculous wondergoals. This has happened far too regularly for me to approach any match with the gas in a relaxed manner.

It's not so much Elliot - although his experience and muscular midfield presence would have been ideal for this game - or Cunningham individually, it's more a cumulative effect of players being unavailable and undoubtedly weakening our squad.

We ARE better than the gas man for man and as a team, but obviously the more trustworthy first choice players who become unavailable the less our advantage. Then there's the undoubted fact that their 'players' will try to kick ours to pieces (as per usual) and the ref will be lenient 'because it's a derby' and my concern is that the number of players we have who can not only hold their own but give a bit back is decreasing.

I'm sure the gas will be 'laughing' and taking confidence at our withdrawals but so long as the squad stays strong enough for us to have the last laugh a victory will be all the sweeter for that.

Thoroughly agree with your last 3 letters by the way.

Archived