IGNORED

Ticket Office

lenred

The club gets a lot of stick on here for its administration 'skills' from time to time so in the interest of balance I wanted to let you know of the fantastic service I have had from the ticket office today.

I had ankle surgery last week and as such was resigned to missing tomorrow as I'm on crutches and in plaster. Anyway I decided this morning to man up and go tomorrow ( how could I not?!) and a lady in the office called Wendy has gone out of her way to make sure that my seat for tomorrow is as near my mates as possible, whilst being accessible for my current condition. She even reserved seats in her name, went out in her lunch break to check that I'd be ok getting to the seats then came back to me to confirm. Service you wouldn't get everywhere in this day and age, I'm sure you'll agree! She has also arranged to take personal responsibility about changing my season ticket seats to more accessible seats for the next few weeks/months as necessary

Thank you Wendy, you're a star and keep up the good work!

• Admin

Fair comment, and I would expect the vast majority of fans to agree that the ACTUAL STAFF have been a credit

No doubt they have had to deal with many angry and stressed out fans due to the latest ticketing fiasco and can only say how polite and honest the person was that served me

I don't think that I have seen one complaint against an actual member of staff, more so the inept system that they have been left to use

The other thing that IS strange is the lack of any real apology etc from anyone related to the club, I know Kevin Smith was very open on Twitter, but knowing how fast the club have been to release statements etc before, am sure that this one is well overdue!

It's great to hear stories like this, my own experience with ticketing staff have always found them to be polite and helpful. But as others have said its not the staff there is an issue with but the system. They must be as frustrated as the rest of us having to work with such a not fit for purpose product, clearly a step backwards for them. Give them a break, it's not their fault.

Agree with what has been said. The staff themselves are excellent, it's just the persons at the top who make the crazy decisions with ticket sale procedures and systems that are to blame. When I was stuck in a never ending queue for gas tickets the staff were friendly and helpful - I was even given a free cup of tea!

Archived