IGNORED

'irene' Is A Bore!

BcFcOneLove

Why the **** would we 'want it back', I was just passing comment that we used to sing it and wondered when or why it became a exclusively a City song

Woah there fella, I didn't accuse you of 'wanting it back', it was never yours in the first place. I also pointed out that its a great song that has a connection to this City....unlike Goodnight Irene.

I've heard Gasheads say that Drink up the Zyder has been sung in the past by Rovers fans. My point was that its up to you what you sing, it doesn't change the fact that its our anthem and (mainly lower league) football fans around the country know it as our anthem.

Woah there fella, I didn't accuse you of 'wanting it back', it was never yours in the first place. I also pointed out that its a great song that has a connection to this City....unlike Goodnight Irene.

I've heard Gasheads say that Drink up the Zyder has been sung in the past by Rovers fans. My point was that its up to you what you sing, it doesn't change the fact that its our anthem and (mainly lower league) football fans around the country know it as our anthem.

Sorry, misread your post.

Anyway, I think its shite :)

I REALLY think it's shite, the bloke who wrote 'Goodnight Irenne' is a blues legend, The Wurzels are one of the more embarassing comedy groups typical of the 1970s. You may well have a better team than us, but yer musical tastes are awful :_)

True to our routes, however. What the hell has singing an American song about prostitution, peodophilea and suicide got to do with west-country football? Oh, wait..

Neither do I in them singing those songs!

I heard a story that there was a pub full of Stoke fans somewhere and someone put Delilah on the jukebox and everyone started singing along. It then got transfered to singing it at the ground and took off from there.

Seems a bit random but if correct, it shows it doesn't need to have a direct link to the club if fans take to a song. Has to be better than nicking a song off another club though. :whistle:

I REALLY think it's shite, the bloke who wrote 'Goodnight Irenne' is a blues legend, The Wurzels are one of the more embarassing comedy groups typical of the 1970s. You may well have a better team than us, but yer musical tastes are awful :_)

Oh the irony...

The birth of modern music is attributed to The Blues style, which was derived specifically from plantation songs and English folk music, the same English folk music the Wurzels have played for decades...

Hope this helps...

Oh the irony...

The birth of modern music is attributed to The Blues style, which was derived specifically from plantation songs and English folk music, the same English folk music the Wurzels have played for decades...

Hope this helps...

Each to their own, I love music and have watched loads of bands over the years, tunes like 'I've Got A Brand New Combine Harvester' have never really been my sort of thing, but whatever floats yer boat.

Archived