IGNORED

Sod's Shrewsbury Programme Notes.

lenred

Well if fans don't understand that in simple English... then no wonder he sounds cheesed off.

He's been saying the same thing since he's been here and yet certain fans still don't get it.

It must be like banging your head against a brick wall.

It's so easy to understand... yet certain fans want miracles...

Think ur looking a bit too much into it tbh.

Just seemed strange to me that this has been released 24 hrs early. Maybe its been done on a regular basis before but I don't recall it. As has been said he makes some good points, as always, but it may be that he is feeling the heat more than he is making out (I hope not btw)

Just seemed strange to me that this has been released 24 hrs early. Maybe its been done on a regular basis before but I don't recall it. As has been said he makes some good points, as always, but it may be that he is feeling the heat more than he is making out (I hope not btw)

I doubt he's had anything to do with when they've been put on the website?

Think he's just trying to reinforce his point that this is a long term project and things don't instantly "click" overnight. He makes some good points and I always enjoy reading his notes. He has to be as frustrated as anyone that we haven't got that win yet.

but what good is a long term project if it takes us into division 4, will we then start another long term project?

but what good is a long term project if it takes us into division 4, will we then start another long term project?

ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH We're six games in!!!!!!!! We are not going to get relegated!!!!!!!!!!! Do you think Bolton fans think they're going to get relegated this season? They've got even less points than us!!!! We might not win the league but who thought we were going to???? :grr:

Well if fans don't understand that in simple English... then no wonder he sounds cheesed off.

He's been saying the same thing since he's been here and yet certain fans still don't get it.

Not miricles. Just a league win please Sean.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH We're six games in!!!!!!!! We are not going to get relegated!!!!!!!!!!! Do you think Bolton fans think they're going to get relegated this season? They've got even less points than us!!!! We might not win the league but who thought we were going to???? :grr:

im sorry but you can't say we won't get relegated! Easy to say its a long term project as it just buys him more time, then what? Oh it didn't go to plan and he gets sacked. He can walk away like the rest of them, leaving fans who can't walk away in the shit. Lets be honest has been happening for the last 3 years.

im sorry but you can't say we won't get relegated! Easy to say its a long term project as it just buys him more time, then what? Oh it didn't go to plan and he gets sacked. He can walk away like the rest of them, leaving fans who can't walk away in the shit. Lets be honest has been happening for the last 3 years.

We won't get relegated.

Do you honestly think we will go down? I'm as disappointed as anyone to see us not yet winning games, but we ain't going down.

We have played some of the better sides, and are still figuring out our best 11. I would bet good money that in 10 games time we won't be considering relegation.

Not miricles. Just a league win please Sean.

I'm sure SoD could play in a way that would summon up a win... but would that win lead to progress and further wins?

You can't change a theory so soon.

You have to keep the faith and believe in your ethos.

SoD is trying to build a team that can play possession football, make the right decisions when needed and harder to break down.

As for the poster that refers to this being like the last three years how wrong can you be?

We threw money around before on players that were stop gaps.

This now is a long term plan with young players on a budget.

The biggest problem we have which SoD has referred to recently, is many fans have high expectations from a 'Big Club' without a big team... we're still suffering from losing in that Play off final imho... expectations of this club are way too high.

Well said, Spud - plain English. All he could add would be a few effs and jeffs but he's not that type of manager, not outwardly although I suspect as you point out that he may be banging his head against a wassname about the ones who have lost faith/patience/perspective already after "one pre-season and 6 league games" (last season's games/results don't count any more).

That said, pleanty on here and at the Gate and everywhere do get his message so, bit like after the gAss game (when he should have made more of the fact it was a minority), I'd like to hear him pipe up for us even more and say there are some who remain in the dark. Having spoken to him a couple of times I can wager he'd say, without fuss, that all clubs have fans at either end of the spectrum and in between.

I thin he talks sense as always, possibly easier to read than to hear

Absolutely, atyeomax: just like in politics too many of us judge someone on their appearance, what they sound like, what they wear, rather than objectively looking at what they say. He makes some excellent points, does SoD, as always a good read.

So good to read and hear that after browsing through here for a while - can't beat a good dose of wisdom, common sense and realism, with positive hope too.

Quite, Chaplain - a bit more positivity would be good. We can nearly all of us see the team winning a few games soon with some less taxing fixtures upcoming (although we have no right to expect anything in any division, no matter how much dosh/points Peterboro have got - some seem to think that is a cause for slaughtering us). Let's hope those fans get back behind us if/when that happens.

Let's get singing tomorrow night.

If you haven't read his notes from Saturday's prog (I picked one up off the EE floor!) his words on why Fonts was better off going were a thinly veiled comment on the Boo Boys. Of whom we have many. Of whom I occasionally am one - but only in the pub, not when they are part of a team on match day trying to win 3 pts for my/our BCFC.

It seems that each new manager a team has on these shores - and we are no different - the shorter the amount of time he has to turn things round. We wouldn't have had a new manager if things weren't so far up the creek last Jan.

SOD talks a very good game.

But so far it's all talk. He's been here nearly a year and far far worse managers have come in late and kept teams up when needed.

The clever thing about what he says over and over again, is that if he gets sacked because results are continuously crap, he'll just say he didn't have enough time and the fans are too stupid to understand. But how long is the wait, 1 year, 2 years, 3 years?

Archived