IGNORED

Sod's Shrewsbury Programme Notes.

lenred

Oh look everyone abusing the person who doesnt agree with lord SOD, how original.

Sorry but telling a manager to '**** off' after 6 games?! (Please don't mention last season - irrelevant). It's ridiculous.

What points tally would we need from those 6 games for you to not want SOD to '**** off', out of interest?

Oh look everyone abusing the person who doesnt agree with lord SOD, how original.

Not at all Fonts50pHead.

It might feel like that.

I don't mind what age you are, your opinion counts as you are a City fan.

But as a City fan, keep looking at the bigger picture, the biggest one you can: yes we've been on the slide for 3 years (Millen-McInnes)...before that we were on the up for 5 years (Johnson; all years are approx)...before that pretty static for 5 years (Wilson)...before that up and down for a couple (Ward/Benny)...

You get my drift: we are a club that has historically been up and down and around this very position (not bottom 4 of the 3rd but...) between the middle two divs. We have not had a manager with this thought process for a long time and the previous three or four have found the going too tough with not good enough players. SoD is now trying something totally different.

If you switched your hair shampoo to a totally different brand offering totally different end attributes you wouldn't take it back after two washes and say it isn't doing anything. It takes time, more than 6 games. Come on, have patience!

SOD talks a very good game.

But so far it's all talk. He's been here nearly a year and far far worse managers have come in late and kept teams up when needed.

The clever thing about what he says over and over again, is that if he gets sacked because results are continuously crap, he'll just say he didn't have enough time and the fans are too stupid to understand. But how long is the wait, 1 year, 2 years, 3 years?

Yeah possibly because we've lost £50m odd quid over the last three years and SL ain't doing it any more so until we get the wage bill down, get rid of those contracts he's talking about, the young players we've bought in are maturing and the kids coming through the Academy actually start being good enough to go straight into the first team then that's how much patience is needed. Even in 3 years, Bryan and Wynter, for example, will only be 22, Reid will be 23. The failure to still grasp this amazes me.

Sorry but telling a manager to '**** off' after 6 games?! (Please don't mention last season - irrelevant). It's ridiculous.

What points tally would we need from those 6 games for you to not want SOD to '**** off', out of interest?

Jesus put a tampon in it.

For what its worth, people aren't getting on the players backs because of last season, they are because we have been ******* shit this season. They wernt booed off on sat because we got relegated they got booed off because they were awful and didnt look bothered.

Not at all Fonts50pHead.

It might feel like that.

But as a City fan, keep looking at the bigger picture, the biggest one you can: yes we've been on the slide for 3 years (Millen-McInnes)...before that we were on the up for 5 years (Johnson; all years are approx)...before that pretty static for 5 years (Wilson)...before that up and down for a couple (Ward/Benny)...

You get my drift: we are a club that has historically been up and down and around this very position (not bottom 4 of the 3rd but...) between the middle two divs. We have not had a manager with this thought process for a long time and the previous three or four have found the going too tough with not good enough players. SoD is now trying something totally different.

If you switched your hair shampoo to a totally different brand offering totally different end attributes you wouldn't take it back after two washes and say it isn't doing anything. It takes time, more than 6 games. Come on, have patience!

Is it really that different to what Mcinnes was trying to do?

For what its worth, people aren't getting on the players backs because of last season, they are because we have been ******* shit this season. They wernt booed off on sat because we got relegated they got booed off because they were awful and didnt look bothered.

Haven't even got the words to reply to this. BTW you didn't reply to my original question. What do you disagree about the statement you stopped reading at? Isn't he right or are you now lumping Pack, Reid, Bryan, JET, Flint into the same category as Pearson, Kilkenny, McManus, Fontaine etc?

Yeah possibly because we've lost £50m odd quid over the last three years and SL ain't doing it any more so until we get the wage bill down, get rid of those contracts he's talking about, the young players we've bought in are maturing and the kids coming through the Academy actually start being good enough to go straight into the first team then that's how much patience is needed. Even in 3 years, Bryan and Wynter, for example, will only be 22, Reid will be 23. The failure to still grasp this amazes me.

The fact you've failed to grasp my point amazes me.

What I said was that in nearly a year, results have no improved in the slightest. So what is to say they're going to improve that dramatically?

We actually played better against 'boro on Saturday than we did against the Gas.

We just didn't score.

Individual mistake by fielding... you can't coach that.

Unstoppable shot for second.

If you think we are playing worse football than last season you are deluded.

Peterborough are strong side this year... we had 60% possession against them... you don't do that if you're crap.

Results will come... be patient.

Is it really that different to what Mcinnes was trying to do?

I reckon very different: it was McInnes second job (first proper one if you discount Scotland, sorry to our Chilly Jock-o friends o'er the border) and he succeeded in keeping us up - as many managers do at many clubs in short spells - by being all shouty, fire and brimstone and enthusiasm on the touchline (which is why people liked him), by using experienced players, playing a style that was high-energy, plenty of attrition etc.

SoD is the almost polar opposite, partly through circumstance partly through personal preference (which is why he turned down two Champ jobs and took us on instead) - an experienced coach playing youngsters, encouraging thinking players, less formulaic on formations and without spending a penny.

Total opposites. Long-term he'll be more successful.

And, yes, it might take 3 years. What's the hurry?

The fact you've failed to grasp my point amazes me.

What I said was that in nearly a year, results have no improved in the slightest. So what is to say they're going to improve that dramatically?

Different teams for one, different circumstances, players that showed obvious ability and a bit of bollocks about them that are only going to improve. Need I go on. This lot have actually won three games this season FFS. It's actually also only nine months, I'd like to bet when he actually has been here a year we will be watching a consistently good team, that's comfortable playing decent football and is sitting comfortably around mid table.

It's a genuine question. Would you be happy with 6 points? 10? 12? 15?

Personally I can see that we are moving in the right direction as a club as a whole, from the type of player we are recruiting, to the style of football. Surely even you must agree that the style of football is chalk and cheese versus the dirge we've been served under McInnes, Millen etc. ?

Personally I don't think we've been shit this season, I think there's been much to be positive about. I also think 3 points isn't a fair reflection of the football we've played AT TIMES, but that's just my opinion.

But there is an element of our fan base with the knives out already because we aren't top of the league, because we're Bristol City - the massive club that's too big and good for League One.

People like you are a exactly the sort of people SOD is trying to reach - those with no patience and who expect someone to wave a magic wand and fix years of mismanagement.

Sadly, you're also the sort of people who ignore the message he's trying to convey.

I don't think anyone can "reach" people with comments like the one he gave.

Different teams for one, different circumstances, players that showed obvious ability and a bit of bollocks about them that are only going to improve. Need I go on. This lot have actually won three games this season FFS.

True but if we're to believe this forum, our starting 11 is actually stronger, and of course our opposition are a league weaker. Plus SOD has had an entire summer to prepare.

Just saying...

We actually played better against 'boro on Saturday than we did against the Gas.

We just didn't score.

Individual mistake by fielding... you can't coach that.

Unstoppable shot for second.

If you think we are playing worse football than last season you are deluded.

Peterborough are strong side this year... we had 60% possession against them... you don't do that if you're crap.

Results will come... be patient.

Individual mistakes I wondered when that would come back, and yes the 2nd was a beaut but he walked half the length of the box without a challenge before shooting.

Peterborough let us have possession, we're not going to win games passing it around the back 4 and Pack.

I will admit that i did boo at the final whistle Saturday.

It was my own fault, after watching the Palace game and the derby i went to the Gate Saturday full of optimism thinking that we might pick up 4 to 6 points over the coming two home games.

What i saw disappointed me, especially the constant hoofing up to Baldock.

I sometimes let my emotions get the better of me and i need these reality checks to remind of where we are.

I just can't wait for this club to get back on its feet and start winning again.

It's easy when i've calmed down to have patience and see the bigger picture but at the game i just want to see us win.

I promise to be a little less optimistic tomorrow night.

Not at all Fonts50pHead.

It might feel like that.

Shampoo? Washes? Take it back? Brilliant!!!!

It was my own fault, after watching the Palace game and the derby i went to the Gate Saturday full of optimism thinking that we might pick up 4 to 6 points over the coming two home games.

I sometimes let my emotions get the better of me and i need these reality checks to remind of where we are.

I just can't wait for this club to get back on its feet and start winning again.

It's easy when i've calmed down to have patience and see the bigger picture but at the game i just want to see us win.

If you're being genuine, Slack, fair play to ye. I haven't seen (m)any come on here and admit to booing, plus their reflection on this later.

Again, if you're being genuine (as often, it's hard to tell without face-to-face body language), I can appreciate the fiery response we feel in the heat of the action. It just won't do the youngsters any good to hear that (and don't anyone say the'll aim their boos at someone individually!!).

If you're not being genuine, I feel a bit bun now.

True but if we're to believe this forum, our starting 11 is actually stronger, and of course our opposition are a league weaker. Plus SOD has had an entire summer to prepare.

Just saying...

Is that the standard time frame these days that managers are expected to put a reasonably successful team together? 1 Summer?

You say it like it's a long time, to me it's nowhere near long enough. Modern football expectations I guess....

You stayed till the final whistle?

Didn't take GJ long with Yeovil?

And you'd trade places with Yeovil right now? I know I wouldn't.

No vision for their future, just only the right now. What happens in 9 months when they're back in League One?

Personally I'd rather us have a manager looking at our club for the long term - whether it takes 2/3/4/5 years to get back up - than someone who can come in and get us ticking over for the short term - papering over the cracks if you will.

No two ways about it - there's been major upheaval at the club both on and off the pitch, the implementation of a totally different ethos throughout the whole club, both in footballing terms and as a business. Success on the pitch was never going to be instant and frankly I'm pleased we have someone who seems to be - for once - looking beyond the short term.

If you're being genuine, Slack, fair play to ye. I haven't seen (m)any come on here and admit to booing, plus their reflection on this later.

Again, if you're being genuine (as often, it's hard to tell without face-to-face body language), I can appreciate the fiery response we feel in the heat of the action. It just won't do the youngsters any good to hear that (and don't anyone say the'll aim their boos at someone individually!!).

If you're not being genuine, I feel a bit bun now.

You're safe I am being genuine.

Felt really bad about the booing at the final whistle, afterwards.

There is some real talent in those youngsters and my actions doesn't do them any favours.

SOD is right and i did take my years of frustration out on them.

Though i can safely say i didn't run on the pitch at anytime during the derby, i was far too happy in the stand.

I'll be cheering us on to victory tomorrow, law of averages say we're gonna win sometime.

No doubt views on SOD are polarised. I can understand what his ethos is & the message he is trying to get across. Nevertheless I can't help having a few worries about our current league form. I would have hoped for a few more points by now tbh. SOD says get the performance right & the results will follow. I wonder whether he might have more points if he reversed the mantra. Get the results right and performances will improve?

I think that was a good read and as ever, sense being spoken by sod, I don't see the point in getting promotion straight away without a plan if it just means relegation a season later, I would rather we took a few seasons to build a team with a long term plan in place (like we are doing) and go on to get success from there, at the start of the season my prediction for where we will finish was top 10 although I optimistically thought (and still do) that challenging for the play offs was possible

I don't really see all the cause for negativity by some on here, ok we haven't won a league game this season, but the teams we have played have mainly been some of the better sides this season with gillingham being the only 'easy' game (if there is such a thing). As things are, I'm looking forward to every game and I think tomorrow's game will be our first league win this season, fingers crossed eh?

You're safe I am being genuine.

Felt really bad about the booing at the final whistle, afterwards.

There is some real talent in those youngsters and my actions doesn't do them any favours.

SOD is right and i did take my years of frustration out on them.

Though i can safely say i didn't run on the pitch at anytime during the derby, i was far too happy in the stand.

I'll be cheering us on to victory tomorrow, law of averages say we're gonna win sometime.

Top, top man - realistic, honest and considerate.

Bloody hell, there's too many like that on here, get off!

Well said with yer honesty - we all feel like venting the spleen, as individuals we then have varying degrees of control to keep that in perspective (not that my opinion is the right opinion, just an opinion).

It made me cringe to hear people really getting at Joe Bryan on Sat, even for the merest mistakes, having lauded him to the heavens but ten days before.

Football is intense and it beings out the strongest and strangest emotions. But if any of us came in and booed any one of the posters on here at their work - and it's not about how much they're being paid - it wouldn't make us better at our jobs.

Fair play to you, boss. Need more like you around imo.

Archived