IGNORED

I Will Not "support My Local Team"

Bat Fastard

Apart from growing up in Weston, City have not been my "local" team for well over 40 years in Leicester, London and now Taunton.

Through thick and thin (mainly thin) I have watched well over 1500 matches and driven many hundreds of thousand of miles all over the country - but I will not support my local team. City are a hard team to support - tickets are hard to get, it is difficult to park, difficult to get in to the ground, and difficult to stomach the food.

Notwithstanding all that, City are my team and I will always love them.

What makes the rest of you feel this way?

COYR

Sounds trite but it has to be in the blood. Its a beautiful pain for sure......... I often wonder the same thing why. The only thing I can think its love a bit like one for your child. Keep loving it when it lets you down falls over or gets hurt but something you are proud to death of and delight in its success when it comes.

Apart from growing up in Weston, City have not been my "local" team for well over 40 years in Leicester, London and now Taunton.

Through thick and thin (mainly thin) I have watched well over 1500 matches and driven many hundreds of thousand of miles all over the country - but I will not support my local team. City are a hard team to support - tickets are hard to get, it is difficult to park, difficult to get in to the ground, and difficult to stomach the food.

COYR

Tickets hard to get?

My Dad supports them, so I support them. My future children will support them and would bloody well hope their children support them. After that I expect the world will have been over-run by robots and football will only be played on Mars, but my family will be city through and though until then

COYR

I never have any trouble with any of the above... tickets / parking / entry ........ and I live in a different country (albeit Taff land) even find the food ok ... the times I have partaken that is....

It's not the food, nor the customer service, nor the ticketing system, not the quality of what I'm watching that brings me back. It's the hope, the pride, the passion, the belief that takes me to the Gate. The rush you get as a player in red scores a goal. That is football, that is what it is all about.

Archived