IGNORED

Taking Stock

Bat Fastard

I must admit that I am becoming a little concerned by some of the really negative stuff on here lately. I don't mean about the ticketing and food fiascos - but about the team and our manager.

The financial fair play rules are a real straight-jacket in which to operate. People keep forgetting that we have huge earners on the books, who are still taking up a very large part of the budget and contributing nothing to the cause. I mean the likes of Pearson (injured but still being paid) - Kilkenny (who I believe has an injury to his pointing finger), Fontain (where we surely must still be paying a % of his wages) and Marvin Elliot, who seems to spend most of his energy playing for his international team.

SODs ability to recruit is severely curtailed and so he has to recruit young players and to develop those from the academy. It is bound to be slow going whilst they find their feet in league football - so please cut them some slack.

When this season is over and the rest of the really expensive players leave, cash will become available within the financial fair play rules to recruit some more young and hungry players to help with the team rebuild. Hopefully the team will be ready to challenge for promotion to coincide with readiness of the new stadium facilities, wherever that might be.

We are part of a club and everyone should be looking to pull together at this time to really support the excellent young players and to give them as much confidence as possible. They should not be afraid to play and sometimes make mistakes because that is how anyone learns.

The only beef that I have is the incompetent running of things like the ticketing, food and the management of the relationship between the club and the fans - this is at a very low level at the present and is entirely avoidable.

How about really shocking the players in the next home match - by really supporting them through thick and thin. Maybe that way we will get the best out of them and enjoy the games rather more than the last couple.

So basically Bat Fastard, what you are advocating is bury your head in the sand, it's all external factors, we can do nothing about it, it's not of our own doing and we should all be good automatons and lap it up, because it's what's written in the stars?

Er, okay then, whatever floats your boat

I think what he is saying is support the team and stop being so bloody negative.

I think what he is saying is support the team and stop being so bloody negative.

+1

Bet365 has us at 12/1 both for promotion and for relegation. I would suggest that's about right and we'll finish mid-table even if we are handicapped by some of our more miserable home fans.

Life is way too short. If supporting City depresses you or me then go do something else. I stopped attending games for about six years, due in part to other commitments but mainly because it started to piss me off. I got fed up with successive boards promising the earth ,teams under performing and really pissed off with the negativity of supporters. Just don't understand why anybody would want to do something that causes them to moan like ****. I swear there's many people who go just to moan, regardless.

So basically Bat Fastard, what you are advocating is bury your head in the sand, it's all external factors, we can do nothing about it, it's not of our own doing and we should all be good automatons and lap it up, because it's what's written in the stars?

Er, okay then, whatever floats your boat

Condescending guff. Your not even making an articulate fight of it now. Just ease off on the negativity.

Personally im sticking you on ignore, your just dragging the place down. What you are doing is the exact opposite of what is needed now. Show a little courage man, or do you not have the backbone for it?

I can really see light at the end of this tunnel. Those of you who were at the match when SODs Doncaster team beat us 5-2 at Ashton Gate will have seen what is hopefully a glimpse of the future. We have to be steadfast because there is no other way to achieve within the straight jacket of financial fair play.

Those of you who are calling for a new manager should share my worst nightmare: "Ladies and Gentlemen - let me introduce you to our new manager - someone with a wealth of Premiership experience and a born winner - Ladies and Gentlemen put your hand together for...Tony Pulis!!"

I can really see light at the end of this tunnel. Those of you who were at the match when SODs Doncaster team beat us 5-2 at Ashton Gate will have seen what is hopefully a glimpse of the future. We have to be steadfast because there is no other way to achieve within the straight jacket of financial fair play.

Those of you who are calling for a new manager should share my worst nightmare: "Ladies and Gentlemen - let me introduce you to our new manager - someone with a wealth of Premier League experience and a born winner - Ladies and Gentlemen put your hand together for...Tony Pulis!!"

I remember that game, they were very good that day and JET in particular, we didn't know how to handle him. As you say hopefully a glimpse into the future.

I also remember, the year before I think, we gave SOD's Doncaster team a 4-1 hiding at Ashton Gate, a glimpse into the present perhaps?

Those of you who are calling for a new manager should share my worst nightmare: "Ladies and Gentlemen - let me introduce you to our new manager - someone with a wealth of Premier League experience and a born winner - Ladies and Gentlemen put your hand together for...Tony Pulis!!"

Well thanks a flippin bunch Bat you've gone an ruined a perfectly reasonable day with this vision of the apocalypse .

:argh:

I've some sympathy for the OP. And I think O'Driscoll deserves the rest of this season at least. He's a proven manager who has produced teams which play football we've admired. He's not perfect but I can buy his vision and I'd give him time.

But sadly at a football club owned and managed off the pitch as BCFC is there is no way for fans to voice any discontent with the management beyond voting with their feet or being vocal. (Or posting on here.) I've voted with my feet I'm sorry to say.

Each season City supporters buy STs in admirable numbers...what must the club take..£2m? If you reckon on 7k tickets at £300 each....maybe a bit less some years, considerably more others. All that money is spent by the Lansdowns as they see fit...

And the return for regulars at the Gate in the past 3 seasons is poor football and 7 or 8 victories to cheer... I'd say that wasn't great value tbh.

So whilst I'd happily let O'Driscoll get on with it there has to be some way of voicing displeasure at the mismanagement of our club. That we can find ourselves £50m in debt and unable to beat Shrewsbury at home, having just been outclassed by Peterborough, is a damning indictment of the people in charge for the last decade or so. I consider it remarkable that they get so little stick...

Archived