IGNORED

Time To Play Harewood Instead Of Baldock?

Loderingo

Thought some of the passing and movement in the second half was superb today and played with the most fluency I have seen this season. Bryan in particular was making some good runs and getting crosses in. The problem was we lacked a big man up front to get on the end of those crosses. I know some people would like to play JET and Baldock and Harewood but I think this would leave us too defensively exposed. So my suggestion for Col U would be to start JET and Harewood and bring Baldock on as a sub if Harewood tires. Any thoughts?

Oh for the days when;

.............................................................................goalkeeper

......................................................right back ....centre half.....left back

...................................................................right mid..........left mid

...................................right wing....inside right..centre forward..inside left............left wing

was the norm.....seriously why not play Harewood up top with Baldock who needs support AND JET in behind? Parish needs to start and Carey as well, both will hold our shakey defence together better.

Not just for cup games either, try it odreary can it make us worse.

It is. Baldock wasn't great yesterday but going forward we don't need to worry about. He would have scored though if Bryan had given him a half decent pass in front of goal.

I know our attack is the least of our problems but Swindon constantly put us on the back foot with their 3 attacking players causing us havoc, maybe we need more movement up top

Oh for the days when;

.............................................................................goalkeeper

......................................................right back ....centre half.....left back

...................................................................right mid..........left mid

...................................right wing....inside right..centre forward..inside left............left wing

was the norm.....seriously why not play Harewood up top with Baldock who needs support AND JET in behind? Parish needs to start and Carey as well, both will hold our shakey defence together better.

Not just for cup games either, try it odreary can it make us worse.

agreed, it has to be given a try, Jet still gets his free rule, and the front two just need to move about a bit more.

As for the defense experience is needed. Why give Carey another year and not use him. Being slower so what,. know how yeah. !

Playing Harewood upfront by himself would solve nothing

agreed, it has to be given a try, Jet still gets his free rule, and the front two just need to move about a bit more.

As for the defense experience is needed. Why give Carey another year and not use him. Being slower so what,. know how yeah. !

Playing Harewood upfront by himself would solve nothing

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ nothing to lose v Saints Parish (has yet to lose a game hes started in) almost certainly will start, just as well go for it; Baldock needs help and the defence needs changing.

Colc on Sat have drawn 4 out of 8 games and this is likely to be 5 if we do nothing.

We need to loan a striker if possible. I can't see Harewood scoring at all and playing him alongside Baldock if he's never going to score is probably a luxury. Harewood is the only signing S'OD has made that really didn't impress me.

Harewoods a rock and defenders bounce of him unlike Baldock whos talent is in his feet; they could go well together given a decent chance.

how about Wes Burns with Baldock? Or is he injured? Bring on Harewood if it doesn't work

Burns is fit but again this team needs experience so Harewood to start, then bring on Burns, early stages of the game suits experience, then with the extra pace on tiring defenders, IMO, i am not the manager , thank god!

Thought some of the passing and movement in the second half was superb today and played with the most fluency I have seen this season. Bryan in particular was making some good runs and getting crosses in. The problem was we lacked a big man up front to get on the end of those crosses. I know some people would like to play JET and Baldock and Harewood but I think this would leave us too defensively exposed. So my suggestion for Col U would be to start JET and Harewood and bring Baldock on as a sub if Harewood tires. Any thoughts?

time to find a target man.fair play to Harewood but he never was the answer,nor meant to be.

Baldock is never going to do well here because we don't play passing football.

He is so limited, average and over-rated IMO not to mention one dimensional.

He only looks average and limited because he plays in a poor team, and of course he looks one dimensional, he's 5 ft 8.. his game is about working the channels and playing on defenders shoulder.

Lets not forget he has scored 5 goals in 8 games, with a poor team struggling that's not bad considering

Diamond? Do we have another holding midfielder apart from Wynter, well suppose Elliott could do the role.

...............................Parish (deserves a chance)

Moloney.........Flint.............Williams........Cunningham/Shorey

.........................Wynter/Elliott

...Wagstaff...........................................Bryan

................................JET

...................Baldock......Harewood

Play the 2 wide midfielders a little narrower so we're not over run in the centre of the pitch, Cunningham/Shorey and Moloney can cover.

Just a thought.

Short memories some people.3 weeks ago it was panic stations in fear of him being sold on deadline day, now its drop him? Makes no sense at all get the service and support right to him he'll score goals, simple.

Agree. Although yesterday there were a few crosses that were crying out for him to turn in.

Diamond? Do we have another holding midfielder apart from Wynter, well suppose Elliott could do the role.

...............................Parish (deserves a chance)

Moloney.........Flint.............Williams........Cunningham/Shorey

.........................Wynter/Elliott

...Wagstaff...........................................Bryan

................................JET

...................Baldock......Harewood

Play the 2 wide midfielders a little narrower so we're not over run in the centre of the pitch, Cunningham/Shorey and Moloney can cover.

Just a thought.

Pack is the holding midfielder imo. Can sit there and has the ability to dictate play with his passing. Wynter I think is more in the Elliot mould but passes better. More of a mover than a sitter.

Baldock did struggle in the game, but didn't get great service either. His decision making was a little questionable as on occasions he should have shot but he passed! Harewood played a quality pass for Moloney in stoppage time who should have scored, all he had to do was keep it down, but at least he was in the right place. Moloney looked alright down the right and was a threat at times in the game. JET was fantastic on the ball, some of his touches were exquisite, but when we aren't on the ball he (JET) looks uninterested - he did do some good defending from corners too.

Archived