IGNORED

Time To Play Harewood Instead Of Baldock?

Loderingo

I like Harewood's enthusiasm and passion but if he is to start it has to be with a mobile striker. Obviously JET can't be dropped at present so it's very tough to fit Harewood in as I don't think him alone would work with JET. It looked OK against the gash but nothing more.

I still think we need a bit of genuine pace in the side to turn teams around. Baldock is nimble but doesn't have great pace in my opinion. I think sometimes we need a different option. I must admit I have been a bit disappointed not to have seen more of Wes Burns. Young, busy and has electric pace. Of course he is inexperienced and isn't the 'answer' as such but it's a different option. Why not bring him on every now and then?

I really want us to improve as a passing free flowering attacking side and stop the long ball crap. So I am against anything that will make the long ball option easier (and if anything will encourage it more).

Play to our strengths, we created against Bradford, wolves, Coventry.. So let's work and improve on that.. We score goals and create chances, it's the defending that needs work.

I like Harewood's enthusiasm and passion but if he is to start it has to be with a mobile striker. Obviously JET can't be dropped at present so it's very tough to fit Harewood in as I don't think him alone would work with JET. It looked OK against the gash but nothing more.

I still think we need a bit of genuine pace in the side to turn teams around. Baldock is nimble but doesn't have great pace in my opinion. I think sometimes we need a different option. I must admit I have been a bit disappointed not to have seen more of Wes Burns. Young, busy and has electric pace. Of course he is inexperienced and isn't the 'answer' as such but it's a different option. Why not bring him on every now and then?

630 minutes on the bench, 0 minutes on the field last 7 games

Either do as you suggest or take him off the bench ?

630 minutes on the bench, 0 minutes on the field last 7 games

Either do as you suggest or take him off the bench ?

Wow that many?

For me he doesn't even have to come on up front if he doesn't want to take off Baldock etc he could even come on right wing for Wagstaff.

If we are going to go direct we may as well over hit it and turn teams around by getting Wes to run the channels.

Diamond? Do we have another holding midfielder apart from Wynter, well suppose Elliott could do the role.

...............................Parish (deserves a chance)

Moloney.........Flint.............Williams........Cunningham/Shorey

.........................Wynter/Elliott

...Wagstaff...........................................Bryan

................................JET

...................Baldock......Harewood

Play the 2 wide midfielders a little narrower so we're not over run in the centre of the pitch, Cunningham/Shorey and Moloney can cover.

Just a thought.

Don't dislike this. It would work better with Pack where you've put Elliott/Wynter - and even better when Liam Kelly returns.

Prefer Shorey to Cunningham TBH as Greg seems a sahadow of himself this season. Maybe he was hoping to be snapped up by a Championship club this summer?

Not sure about Harewood but amazed the debate on here hasn't talked more about the defence (not the choice of goalkeeper, I've seen plenty on here about that).

For what it is worth I'm not too bothered whether Harewood starts or Baldock does though I'd probably stick with the latter, however JET has to play and for me that means both of the other two cannot. We therefore need to find a midfield and back four that makes us look like we've at least mastered the basic elements of defending.

Let's sort out how to keep the opposition out, or at least down to scoring the sort of numbers that we have a chance of equalling or exceeding though, you might win 2-1 often, you'll rarely win 4-3.

Don't dislike this. It would work better with Pack where you've put Elliott/Wynter - and even better when Liam Kelly returns.

Prefer Shorey to Cunningham TBH as Greg seems a sahadow of himself this season. Maybe he was hoping to be snapped up by a Championship club this summer?

Can't plan for anything with Kelly, the guy will be out for months yet and we could be relegated by then ;)

Archived