IGNORED

Guide Given To U.s Soldiers Based In Britain During Ww2

Gazred

Found this and thought it was a good read. Certainly a few lines in there to make you feel proud

http://hardscrabblefarm.com/ww2/britain.htm

Thank you for posting that Gazred. My Grandmother's cousin served in the USAAF (United States Army Air Force) during World War 2 while her husband (obviously my Grandfather) served attached to RAF Bomber Command - a bit of rivalry there as to who did the most bomb damage to Hitler's Turd Reich. :cool: On our Dad's side I have U.S. ancestry including an ancestor present at York Town Virginia for the surrender of the British Army that - more-or-less - concluded the American Revolutionary War. God Bless America and England. :thumbsup:

Found this and thought it was a good read. Certainly a few lines in there to make you feel proud

http://hardscrabblefarm.com/ww2/britain.htm

Ahem, from the article: "We don't worry about which side our grandfathers fought on in the Civil War" - pure propaganda - because they care to this day which side their ancestors fought on and American Civil War re-enactments can get very nasty.

My ancestor fought in the U.S. dragoons during the Mexican / U.S. border war of the late 1840s but he refused a commission in the U.S. Army during the American Civil War and emigrated to England to be a lawyer. Not surprising considering the fact that he would have been fighting against his comrades that fought in the Mexican War - Confederate Civil War General Lee himself was but a Lieutenant in the Mexican War.

Welcome RG, i did have you in mind when i posted it. Cheers for your posts, also a good read. Some interesting family history you have there.

Thank you Gazred, my U.S. ancestry is mainly from the Philadelphia area of Pennsylvania. In the U.S. state of Pennsylvania you'll find many districts and towns such as 'Bristol', 'Eastville' and there's even a 'Bedminster' indicating the heavy migrations of Bristolians to that U.S. state. :cool:

Archived