IGNORED

Wsm V Brislington

lenred

With City off, me and a pal thought we'd catch a non league match so went to the FA Cup game at Weston. Thought 12 quid was a bit steep but the game exceeded all expectations and it was great going away and seeing a 'city' win, 2-3 to Bris against a team 3(?) divs above them . Second goal for Bris was the best I've seen in a while and their captain at centre half was outstanding. All with decent cider on tap, friendly stewards, hilarious dug out action, punch ups, the lot. Was a cracking afternoon and would recommend a non league outing to anyone next time they've got a free Saturday

V

Would love to draw Briz in 1st round proper. The team I support v place I was born and team I watched as a kid up my local park. Cant get better than that.

Victory Park to Ironmould Lane to Ashton Gate would be a dream. Lived in Briz for 27 years now and consider it as my home town and played for them for a number of years and some fantastic people behind the scenes who enjoy this success.

My local team too, but I'm ashamed to know nothing about them other than a smile when I happen to read they have won somewhere. I've always wondered about going to watch them, but thought it might be a bit 'clicky' you know, mates and families only sort of thing or do they welcome spectators?

V

Victory Park to Ironmould Lane to Ashton Gate would be a dream. Lived in Briz for 27 years now and consider it as my home town and played for them for a number of years and some fantastic people behind the scenes who enjoy this success.

Victory Park days were great, retrieving the ball from the cow field and chasing it down the hill. Still trying to find out who burnt the changing rooms down ! Like you say they have come a long, long way since the suburban league days and deserve this run of success. If they get to the 1st round proper then surely they would have a great chance of being one of the live games.

My local team too, but I'm ashamed to know nothing about them other than a smile when I happen to read they have won somewhere. I've always wondered about going to watch them, but thought it might be a bit 'clicky' you know, mates and families only sort of thing or do they welcome spectators?

Great club and very welcoming. ....give it a go as there's some great people up there

Yeah went down to Weston to see Briz pull off the upset of the round.

Needed a bit of help from the ref ( 2 pens for Briz and a sending off for Weston) and linesman (Weston goal disallowed for ???) but all in all great match and a cracking result. This is the furthest Briz have ever been in the FA Cup so watch out for the draw for the final qualifying round which will be made on Monday lunchtime.

Next round is on October 26th when City are away to Carlisle

Was at the Briz game, great day out , Western league games are £6. So as City are away on the 26th and if Briz are drawn at home, come up to Ironmould lane, they are a very welcoming club. On the other hand perhaps it could be Luton Town v Brislington at kenniworth road! That doesnt look right!!!!!!

Was at the Briz game, great day out , Western league games are £6. So as City are away on the 26th and if Briz are drawn at home, come up to Ironmould lane, they are a very welcoming club. On the other hand perhaps it could be Luton Town v Brislington at kenniworth road! That doesnt look right!!!!!!

Luton away would be great, maybe get a few coaches from the Sandringham or GI, Briz has always been a massive City area as well so good luck to them, if they are home i would definitely pop down to Ironmould Lane, not sure how they would cope though as the parking is poor and toilet/ bar facilities aren't great but certainly would be a great occasion, proper football

Yeah went down to Weston to see Briz pull off the upset of the round.

Needed a bit of help from the ref ( 2 pens for Briz and a sending off for Weston) and linesman (Weston goal disallowed for ???) but all in all great match and a cracking result. This is the furthest Briz have ever been in the FA Cup so watch out for the draw for the final qualifying round which will be made on Monday lunchtime.

Next round is on October 26th when City are away to Carlisle

Shame there won't be many City fans left down here to see it :(

Kenilworth Road. Bear in mind that Luton is the biggest shitehole in England, and very short of pubs, let alone welcoming ones :(

Luton away would be great, maybe get a few coaches from the Sandringham or GI, Briz has always been a massive City area as well so good luck to them, if they are home i would definitely pop down to Ironmould Lane, not sure how they would cope though as the parking is poor and toilet/ bar facilities aren't great but certainly would be a great occasion, proper football

Is there a cricket ground down there? Just off the A4?

My experience of local non-league clubs has always been very positive, can't speak for Briz, but I've always found people very welcoming and glad of the additional support, financially and otherwise!! The standard is often much better than you may anticipate too, on the pitch.

My experience of local non-league clubs has always been very positive, can't speak for Briz, but I've always found people very welcoming and glad of the additional support, financially and otherwise!! The standard is often much better than you may anticipate too, on the pitch.

Agree with the standard, you'll find that a lot of the players would of had spells or trials with City/Rovers as kids or represented Bristol or their Counties. It's the fitness element that would be a problem against a pro' side

Archived