IGNORED

Maybe Time To Bring Back Benny!

Bat Fastard

With so many of the posters on this site calling for a change...... well Benny was meant to be very good at bringing on young players. He was certainly a character and understood about hats.

Just saying......

He was good at bringing on young players, sadly results and performances were dreadful.

Benny is someone we should never have got rid of, that said, he was put into a job he wasn't signed to do.  The way he bought youngsters through, and eventually got the team playing  after his getting to know you period, was pretty good imo.  Big mistake, he could have headed up our youth development from it's out set, or done the job SOD is assigned to do now.  Big opportunity lost I think.

This is a great idea. Why not bring in

Skeletor = Manager

Warnock = Director of Football

Lennartsson = youth development

Pulis = Tactician

I can imagine sitting in on Pulis's tactical team talks now:  "Just pump the ball forward as soon as you get it. I wanna hear those whooshes..."

• Admin

Benny was one of those who was wrong place, wrong time.

In his ways he was actually ahead of where many teams needed to go at that time

Interesting though if he had have been given more time, would we be looking at more youth in our side meaning we wouldn't have wasted all that money on those in the following years ??

I can imagine sitting in on Pulis's tactical team talks now:  "Just pump the ball forward as soon as you get it. I wanna hear those whooshes..."

Surely he would be commenting on the amount of time we got a ball in the box.  we crossed the ball in 22 times to their 3,  we drew 0-0 triffic

I can imagine sitting in on Pulis's tactical team talks now: "Just pump the ball forward as soon as you get it. I wanna hear those whooshes..."

The only time I ever got neck ache was during the Pulis era. Must have made scouting for players interesting...

Chief Scout: Tony, we've got a striker you may be interested in

Tony Pulis: How tall is he?

Chief Scout: 9 feet 6, he's only got one leg but he has a huge head

Tony: Perfect! Sign him up.

I liked Benny, he had the right ideas regarding off the field but even back then the problem was too big behind the scenes and it hasn't improved in what.. 14 years??

People should wise up and realise that yes managers are responsible for on the pitch but the board are responsible for pulling the club in the right direction which under firstly Davidson and then Lansdown (sorry if there was any in between, I cant remember) they sadly haven't barring a couple of minor successes.

The only time I ever got neck ache was during the Pulis era. Must have made scouting for players interesting...

Chief Scout: Tony, we've got a striker you may be interested in

Tony Pulis: How tall is he?

Chief Scout: 9 feet 6, he's only got one leg but he has a huge head

Tony: Perfect! Sign him up.

To be fair Pulis did sign Mortimer, who he said had a 'wand'

He did mean his left foot at the time, not so sure after watching him.

Memories,
Like the corners of my mind
Misty water-colored memories

Of the way we were
Scattered pictures,
Of the smiles we left behind
Smiles we gave to one another
For the way we were
Can it be that it was all so simple then? 
Or has time re-written every line? 
If we had the chance to do it all again
Tell me, would we? could we? 
Memries, may be beautiful and yet
What's too painful to remember
We simply choose to forget
So it's the laughter
We will remember
Whenever we remember...
The way we were...

post-23176-0-78923800-1382449001_thumb.j

I'm not sure Pulis and Benny would get on. Didn't Benny sign the keeper Bo Andersen who Pulis later went on to describe as "a pudding"?

Pulis's first act was to get rid of all our foreign players, mumbling on about "foreigners who don't know the British game".

He went on to have success at Stoke largely on the back of overseas signings.  :whistle2:

Archived